User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you dream about Baseball Cards?

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you dream about Baseball Cards?

Last night, I had a dream about someone who was showing me a stick of butter where the wrapper around said butter had a baseball player on it. He said he had the stick of butter since 1972, always refrigerated.

I've had other dreams about cards, like chasing scarce issues, etc. but the butter thing was the weirdest.

Do baseball cards ever make an appearance in your dreams?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not so much lately but throughout my lifetime I've had way too many dreams about baseball cards. Most of them involve me breaking wax and pulling super rare valuable cards. I say "too many dreams about cards" because it really sucks when I wake up and realize I no longer have a stack of $10k+ cards I pulled from a single box.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have. usually once a year or so I'll have a dream I'm on vacation and walk into some store that hasn't been gone into for years and find stacks of cards or comics that I've wanted or needed over the years. and they're super cheap. weird yes but I always remember being super excited and flippi g through them, then I wake up :/
    "Avoid the clap" - Jimmy Dugan

mantle7man
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I will admit to!!!
    Collector of Autographs, TTM autographs, Vintage, Yankees and Mantle
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:Two 1962 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell no, I dream about sex. Just being honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask me no questions I tell you no lies!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maestracewslover View Post
    Hell no, I dream about sex. Just being honest.

As a recovering addict the majority of my dreams consist of either drugs or sex (sometimes both) but baseball cards would be a distant 3rd.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    As a recovering addict the majority of my dreams consist of either drugs or sex (sometimes both) but baseball cards would be a distant 3rd.
    Good one. Itís crazy how many former addicts(I am one) are into cards. It must be the addictive personality thing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have crazy dreams. I do dream about cards a lot. Sometimes I will open packs and pull all gu and autos of some sweet cards but leave them on the hood of a car and it rains. OR some how loose them all. I think Once I drempt I opened a box of cards (again all gu and autos) an then I realized I didn't pay for the box but stole it. I didn't ant to return it as it was such a great box! But Like I said I dream crazy dreams!
    I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/

Matthew 21:22
    "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a dream last night that someone at a local yard sale was selling a box of those fake Pacific plates. No coincidence as a fake Mariano Pacific plate popped up on ebay last night.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Insert dreamy Canseco joke here*
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

lanlord99
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you need to make a Canseco like this Butter Cream Babe Ruth

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1933buttercreamrbaberuth.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	79248

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really, I mean, who HASN'T had that dream of intercepting Sy Berger before he could board that boat and grabbing those cases of '52 Topps away from him?
    J.P.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    I have. usually once a year or so I'll have a dream I'm on vacation and walk into some store that hasn't been gone into for years and find stacks of cards or comics that I've wanted or needed over the years. and they're super cheap. weird yes but I always remember being super excited and flippi g through them, then I wake up :/
    I have had a similar dream, and more than once. It is usually some old general store out in the middle of nowhere Texas or Tennessee, and it is always wax. Interestingly, I never come across really crazy stuff in these dreams, like a 1952 high numbers box, but it is usually something that would be super cool without much of a windfall, like 7 or 8 packs of '78 Topps, which I know I should purchase and leave untouched, but I always end up ripping just for the experience. The experience in my dreams...

Interesting things, dreams.
    HOF auto collector - I'm up to 258 different in my collection (used to have a photobucket link here, but photobucket sucks)

GO ROCKIES!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DAYdream about cards all the time. If I could travel through time, I'd go back with a few dollars (have to find some old currency, though) and buy a couple cases of T-206, 1933 Goudy, and '52 Topps. Or just go to last week with the Powerball numbers.
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast