Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you dream about Baseball Cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Last night, I had a dream about someone who was showing me a stick of butter where the wrapper around said butter had a baseball player on it. He said he had the stick of butter since 1972, always refrigerated.

I've had other dreams about cards, like chasing scarce issues, etc. but the butter thing was the weirdest.

Do baseball cards ever make an appearance in your dreams?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Not so much lately but throughout my lifetime I've had way too many dreams about baseball cards. Most of them involve me breaking wax and pulling super rare valuable cards. I say "too many dreams about cards" because it really sucks when I wake up and realize I no longer have a stack of $10k+ cards I pulled from a single box.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I have. usually once a year or so I'll have a dream I'm on vacation and walk into some store that hasn't been gone into for years and find stacks of cards or comics that I've wanted or needed over the years. and they're super cheap. weird yes but I always remember being super excited and flippi g through them, then I wake up :/

Jul 22, 2016
As a recovering addict the majority of my dreams consist of either drugs or sex (sometimes both) but baseball cards would be a distant 3rd.

Good one. It’s crazy how many former addicts(I am one) are into cards. It must be the addictive personality thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I have crazy dreams. I do dream about cards a lot. Sometimes I will open packs and pull all gu and autos of some sweet cards but leave them on the hood of a car and it rains. OR some how loose them all. I think Once I drempt I opened a box of cards (again all gu and autos) an then I realized I didn't pay for the box but stole it. I didn't ant to return it as it was such a great box! But Like I said I dream crazy dreams!

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I had a dream last night that someone at a local yard sale was selling a box of those fake Pacific plates. No coincidence as a fake Mariano Pacific plate popped up on ebay last night.

Scott F

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Really, I mean, who HASN'T had that dream of intercepting Sy Berger before he could board that boat and grabbing those cases of '52 Topps away from him?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I have. usually once a year or so I'll have a dream I'm on vacation and walk into some store that hasn't been gone into for years and find stacks of cards or comics that I've wanted or needed over the years. and they're super cheap. weird yes but I always remember being super excited and flippi g through them, then I wake up :/

I have had a similar dream, and more than once. It is usually some old general store out in the middle of nowhere Texas or Tennessee, and it is always wax. Interestingly, I never come across really crazy stuff in these dreams, like a 1952 high numbers box, but it is usually something that would be super cool without much of a windfall, like 7 or 8 packs of '78 Topps, which I know I should purchase and leave untouched, but I always end up ripping just for the experience. The experience in my dreams...

Interesting things, dreams.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I DAYdream about cards all the time. If I could travel through time, I'd go back with a few dollars (have to find some old currency, though) and buy a couple cases of T-206, 1933 Goudy, and '52 Topps. Or just go to last week with the Powerball numbers. :lol:

crypticfreak1

May 16, 2016
I drive over an hour each way to get my son multiple times a week so I have lots of time for day dreaming. And I do dream about finding a long forgotten stash of valuable cards for cheap. Haven’t been lucky on baseball but did buy a box of magic cards that when they were picked through were only worth pennies and now a pile of the cards were worth more than $25 each! I made about $1000 off of a $5 investment!

Members online