User Tag List

Thread: Some sellers have no clue...

lanlord99
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some sellers have no clue...

I came across an auction for a 1990 Wonder Bread Ken Griffey Jr that the seller listed the autograph as AUTHENTIC. I thought I would let the seller know that the autograph was not AUTHENTIC but rather a facsimile.

Here is the seller's reply: "Well FUI I believe u r wrong. Some of those came with auto and some didn't. But everyone has their opinion. CW"

I guess the FU part was intentional...my bad, I was just trying to share some knowledge. For $3.00 and 5 proofs of purchase I could have had a really nice authentic autographed 20 card set.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLARNOLD View Post
    I came across an auction for a 1990 Wonder Bread Ken Griffey Jr that the seller listed the autograph as AUTHENTIC. I thought I would let the seller know that the autograph was not AUTHENTIC but rather a facsimile.

Here is the seller's reply: "Well FUI I believe u r wrong. Some of those came with auto and some didn't. But everyone has their opinion. CW"

I guess the FU part was intentional...my bad, I was just trying to share some knowledge. For $3.00 and 5 proofs of purchase I could have had a really nice authentic autographed 20 card set.
    I thought it was funnier that he said it was number 18 of only 20 made than that he was claiming it is a real auto.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's he got against Florida International University?

Seriously, some sellers amaze me...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the same type of seller that would list their 1991 Fleer cards for $500.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

lanlord99
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got another reply: "I believe it is real, I am going to end auction and have it verified. Then we will all know for sure. CW"

Look, I already know and don't need verification, but whatever floats your Wonder Bread boat...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got another reply: "I believe it is real, I am going to end auction and have it verified. Then we will all know for sure. CW"

Look, I already know and don't need verification, but whatever floats your Wonder Bread boat...
    He told me the same thing when I mentioned there were many more than 20 copies.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think FUI is supposed to mean For Your Information. But in his garbled text speak U = ur.

Idiot.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended the auction.....now if he could only prove a photo of the backside (were the auto is)! Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps this Wonger Bread version is actually auto’d. We most likely have the regular “Wonder” Bread versions in our collections... 18 of 20...that’s awesome!

lanlord99
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forgerelli View Post
    I think FUI is supposed to mean For Your Information. But in his garbled text speak U = ur.

Idiot.

Scott F
    I know what he meant but it would not surprise me if he actually thought "FU" for questioning his auction.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Ended the auction.....now if he could only prove a photo of the backside (were the auto is)! Best regards, David
    He did. It's the same stamped auto that's on all of them.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One way to see how FOS he is would be to offer him some of your facsimile cards at a good deal. If a base is $1 and the real players auto is $25 I'd sent him some $5 offers for such cards. I think though the more people who write him here is going to trigger him to run and hide.

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    One way to see how FOS he is would be to offer him some of your facsimile cards at a good deal. If a base is $1 and the real players auto is $25 I'd sent him some $5 offers for such cards. I think though the more people who write him here is going to trigger him to run and hide.
    LOL! Been on other sites and sometimes.....so unnamed members would tell the seller that a site was talking about him or her.....then the fun hits the site! Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    LOL! Been on other sites and sometimes.....so unnamed members would tell the seller that a site was talking about him or her.....then the fun hits the site! Best regards, David
    Oooooo, I like a good cat fight!
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same seller also has an autographed Albert Pujols 3x5 card that comes with a "certificate of authenticity":

https://m.ebay.com/itm/ALBERT-PUJOLS...IAAOSw8oxaxQQ~
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees