User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 131

Thread: The HOF Argument for Jake Peavy...

  1. #61
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,738
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    He did own it. I do applaud that as well.
    Maybe instead of applauding it you should take notes, accountability is a character trait you don't have.

  2. #62
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,173
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    Maybe instead of applauding it you should take notes, accountability is a character trait you don't have.
    Right...you spent a few posts denying your intent...people who are accountable don't go back and delete the evidence of their lack of accountability.

    You don't know when to stop because this contrite schtick didn't work...you're trying to save face.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  3. #63
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,738
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Right...you spent a few posts denying your intent...people who are accountable don't go back and delete the evidence of their lack of accountability.

    You don't know when to stop because this contrite schtick didn't work...you're trying to save face.
    I didn't deny the intent. I pointed out that I didn't call out any board members at all nor did I comment on or denigrate their collections. That was something that particular board member chose to come out and do on his own volition.

    Regardless of other people's actions I shouldn't have started this thread, I've made that very clear and I've explicitly said it was not started harmlessly in a lot of different ways. I'm not trying to save face...people make mistakes and they own up to them. Unfortunately you're not one of those people who has the ability to own up to anything. Your decisions in this thread that were fueled by partisanship are indecent

  4. #64
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,173
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I didn't deny the intent. I pointed out that I didn't call out any board members at all nor did I comment on or denigrate their collections. That was something that particular board member chose to come out and do on his own volition.

    Regardless of other people's actions I shouldn't have started this thread, I've made that very clear and I've explicitly said it was not started harmlessly in a lot of different ways. I'm not trying to save face...people make mistakes and they own up to them. Unfortunately you're not one of those people who has the ability to own up to anything. Your decisions in this thread that were fueled by partisanship are indecent
    You denied your intent and now you're admitting it while also attempting to deny it?

    Seriously...is this really that hard for you to let go of?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  5. #65
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,173
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    You are correct. I started this thread with malicious intent...it was a poor choice on my part and it was uncalled for. But one thing I'd like to add is the comments you saw in the anything goes forum are not a one-way street by any means, there is a vicious back and forth between all parties in that thread. So while I made a very immature and pathetic choice in starting this thread, it's in no way a one-way street with the barage of insults coming from me exclusively. I apologize for however I offended you in this thread and I've already apologized to GT who was the target of my irresponsible post. Good night
    LOL

    No, I started this thread to discuss his view on Jake Peavy's HOF candidacy because I vehemently disagreed with him. Who cares what who collects...? Are you suggesting prospect collectors are somehow inferior to HOF collectors? It's a hobby...you collect what makes you happy and who gives a **** what other people think about it. I don't agree that Jake Peavy is a HOFer, or anywhere in that category, and that's that.

    FYI there are also plenty of players not in the HOF who are worth substantially more than ones who are...so nothing you said seemed to be thought out.
    Luckily...you cant erase quotes of your own words that you chose to delete.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  6. #66
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,053
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited.
    Last edited by phillyfan0417; 04-21-2018 at 09:28 AM.

  7. #67
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,738
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    You denied your intent and now you're admitting it while also attempting to deny it?

    Seriously...is this really that hard for you to let go of?
    I didn't deny it...I've admitted it was not harmless countless times now. I'm not sure what I'm not letting go of. I took accountability for my poor choice, I apologized to the people involved as requested, and I'm not asking for anything further. I made a post with distasteful underlying intent and took accountability for it...stop pretending like something incredibly dramatic happened. You should be more concerned with how you handled this thread compared to how you've handled others, as noted in post #50

  8. #68
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,738
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    LOL



    Luckily...you cant erase quotes of your own words that you chose to delete.
    If you want to carry on with this go ahead. I guess there's no risk to you since you can immediately censor, delete, or edit any of my posts that expose you for who you are...like you did in post #27 and #35.

  9. #69
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,173
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    If you want to carry on with this go ahead. I guess there's no risk to you since you can immediately censor, delete, or edit any of my posts that expose you for who you are...like you did in post #27 and #33.
    Once again...you chose to bring something to the baseball card board that you shouldn't have.

    You can let it go whenever you'd like.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  10. #70
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,738
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Once again...you chose to bring something to the baseball card board that you shouldn't have.

    You can let it go whenever you'd like.
    I moved on like 20 posts ago. Just because I know you revel in getting the last word in I won't let you.

    LOL

  11. #71
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,173
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I moved on like 20 posts ago. Just because I know you revel in getting the last word in I won't let you.

    LOL
    Actually...your admission is enough for me. The fact that this will exist is totally enough for me.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  12. #72
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,738
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Actually...your admission is enough for me. The fact that this will exist is totally enough for me.
    I would have apologized and took accountability with or without your input. I'm glad you got some fun out of this!

  13. #73
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    9,359
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Actually...your admission is enough for me. The fact that this will exist is totally enough for me.
    Tread lightly. I just read Hannity and Gateway Pundit have some dirt on you!!

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  14. #74
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,173
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I would have apologized and took accountability with or without your input. I'm glad you got some fun out of this!
    You were asked to apologize by me and you did. This thread would have been deleted if you hadn't requested it stay up.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  15. #75
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,173
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Tread lightly. I just read Hannity and Gateway Pundit have some dirt on you!!

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    I double dip!
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •