User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What boxes would you want to open for nostalgia?

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Wasn't that a redemption?
    It was.....same was SPX was a redemption in the boxes of SPX....pulled from from a box and brought another on ebay for $70.00.....sold both about 4 years ago for $250.00 per auto! Best regards, David PS he asked what box you want to open for nostalgia!
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    93 finest because I was a kid and couldn't afford it, 95 pinnacle was among my favorites that I could afford, all the dufex that money could buy. Those are the two that comes to mind immediately I'm sure there are many others.
    That 93 finest was crazy when they first came out......I remember the packs were about $20.00 per pack! Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    '52 Topps

rebelpawn
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything form 2001. But not for how much the hits could be flipped for. I started collecting again in 2001 and saw so many amazing cards pulled from then that I couldn't afford to own or even open so it would be so much fun now.
    I still pick up cards form 2001 now just because of good memories from that first year of collecting again.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to open up another box of 1993 Finest sometime!
    Around 1996, I saved up and went in with a friend on a box of '93 Finest. He was a big McGwire guy so the deal was we'd split the packs evenly, but he'd get all the McGwires and I'd get all the Thomases. I think we ended up with 1 McGwire, 1 Thomas, and 1 refractor that was in one of my packs...it was John Franco.

I'd also love to get another box of 1996 Select Certified. (Currently working on getting a box for a decent price.) I bought one in the early 2000s and it was a lot of fun opening those to chase the mirrors...I ended up with a Jason Kendall mirror blue. If I get my mitts on another one, I may take a page from @BenG76 and open 1 pack per day. Or maybe 1 every time the Royals win - but that could take a couple of seasons to get through the box.
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1998 topps gold label great looking cards.

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    I'd love to open up another box of 1993 Finest sometime!
    Around 1996, I saved up and went in with a friend on a box of '93 Finest. He was a big McGwire guy so the deal was we'd split the packs evenly, but he'd get all the McGwires and I'd get all the Thomases. I think we ended up with 1 McGwire, 1 Thomas, and 1 refractor that was in one of my packs...it was John Franco.

I'd also love to get another box of 1996 Select Certified. (Currently working on getting a box for a decent price.) I bought one in the early 2000s and it was a lot of fun opening those to chase the mirrors...I ended up with a Jason Kendall mirror blue. If I get my mitts on another one, I may take a page from @BenG76 and open 1 pack per day. Or maybe 1 every time the Royals win - but that could take a couple of seasons to get through the box.
    Where's the Like button. LOL

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    93-94 Fleer Ultra Basketball.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. But not to open but to sell. I sold 2 cases of 86-87 fleer basketball. Chasing 90 fleer baseball Kevin mass and David justice. One of the biggest mistakes ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1985 Topps Rack Packs.
    When I was younger, I would buy cards with earnings from odd jobs but never would buy a whole box. As a high school kid I convinced my parents that I wanted cards for Christmas and they bought a couple boxes. These were the first full boxes I broke.

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    1998 topps gold label great looking cards.
    So true

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UMich92 View Post
    As a high school kid I convinced my parents that I wanted cards for Christmas and they bought a couple boxes.
    Sometime in 1993, I helped my dad re-roof our house and all I asked for was some packs of 1993 Bowman. I can't remember how many he got me, but it was worth it!!!
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    93-94 Fleer Ultra Basketball.
    That would be a fun one. We had the card shop when that came out and that's the only time my mom has ever gotten pack fever. We sat in the shop one day and busted a case. Dad about had a heart attack.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1994 Bowman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2004 SO Game Used baseball has yielded some of my favorite cards in my collection. 2005 Absolute Memorabilia Update as a close second.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast