Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blowout Will Pay You $100,000 For This Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
If his base autos end up selling for $1k or more then $65k is actually a lowball over. You'd assume it would have an estimated value around $100k, although realistically it would probably sell for $80-90k.

However, if you pulled this card and were going to sell it on e-bay, there would be a hefty amount of fees you'd have to pay in the end.

Back in my day superfractors actually had superfractor pattern backgrounds. That just looks like a light gold background.

They still looked like superfractors last year...but you are right, that does not look like a superfractor.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not much time to make this happen. Pull card, send for grading, get the minimum grade needed and deliver to Blowout in under 3 weeks time.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
This isn't an eBay card. If you get lucky enough to pull this, your best bet is to drive/fly to Dallas and get an on site grade, then proceed to contact one of the big sports card auction houses to generate huge press on it, and make sure it's open to international bidders. The fees associated with an auction house are high, but an international payment is much more likely, and you wouldn't have to do any of the legwork to get a guaranteed payment. Easily a 6 figure card.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This isn't an eBay card. If you get lucky enough to pull this, your best bet is to drive/fly to Dallas and get an on site grade, then proceed to contact one of the big sports card auction houses to generate huge press on it, and make sure it's open to international bidders. The fees associated with an auction house are high, but an international payment is much more likely, and you wouldn't have to do any of the legwork to get a guaranteed payment. Easily a 6 figure card.

Yeah, this is the way most knowledgeable buyers/sellers would go but I imagine the fees would be similar to e-bay (I honestly have no clue what sort of fees auction houses charge) but even at 10-15%, assuming this card does sell for $100k+, you'd get more money that route than if you were to sell it to BO cards.

I believe Blowoutcards is hoping someone who isn't aware of it's true value & doesn't really sell cards much or prospect ends up pulling it & ends up taking the easy money. By doing this BO gets both advertising and will probably sell more cases/boxes of 2018 Bowman but it's also likely they have a buyer lined up who is willing to pay much more than $65k. It's ALSO likely they plan to put together another one of those products where they include graded cards from various Bowman/prospecting products and mark up the price substantially (I forgot what they are called but I remember when it was the latest trend 3-4 years ago. A lot of people hated the idea. I remember when a member on BO put together their own and there was a bunch of corruption involved that stirred $hit up). A card like that Ohtani would be a HUGE chase hit that would sell a lot of wax.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Yeah, this is the way most knowledgeable buyers/sellers would go but I imagine the fees would be similar to e-bay (I honestly have no clue what sort of fees auction houses charge) but even at 10-15%, assuming this card does sell for $100k+, you'd get more money that route than if you were to sell it to BO cards.

I believe Blowoutcards is hoping someone who isn't aware of it's true value & doesn't really sell cards much or prospect ends up pulling it & ends up taking the easy money. By doing this BO gets both advertising and will probably sell more cases/boxes of 2018 Bowman but it's also likely they have a buyer lined up who is willing to pay much more than $65k. It's ALSO likely they plan to put together another one of those products where they include graded cards from various Bowman/prospecting products and mark up the price substantially (I forgot what they are called but I remember when it was the latest trend 3-4 years ago. A lot of people hated the idea. I remember when a member on BO put together their own and there was a bunch of corruption involved that stirred $hit up). A card like that Ohtani would be a HUGE chase hit that would sell a lot of wax.

Prospect Rush - was a gigantic fiasco with the Kris Bryant auto. Superfractor. Dude made out like a bandit, left a lot of salty gamblers (I can't call those people collectors) in his wake.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
eBay fees are capped at $250 w a store. eBay does reach international as well. I am not saying a Heritage auction would not bring $$$, but you also have to factor that their large auctions are scheduled a long time in advance. Meaning a lot can go good or bad in those months with the market.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Could just be marketing ploy to sell more cases...
I agree with this. They may already have the superfractor and are keeping it quiet while at the same time creating hype to artificially inflate case prices to get rid of their remaining inventory.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I agree with this. They may already have the superfractor and are keeping it quiet while at the same time creating hype to artificially inflate case prices to get rid of their remaining inventory.

Yep, cuz once it hits, regardless if they know about it or not, sales will drop in a big way

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
great marketing gimmick! Ridiculous offer plus terms that might be hard to meet means Blowout isn't going to overspend for it.

Members online

Latest posts