User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebays BIN is starting to SUCK.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respectfully disagree. I'm primarily a buyer on eBay and I tend to pay for my items within a day of purchase...really two days at most. I've definitely heard many, many others complain about this feature but I don't understand it. If you are hitting the BIN price the obvious expectation is you should pay in a timely manner. If you need a day or two to pay - for whatever reason - I would assume if you have good feedback you can message the seller and work with them. But I think as another poster said, for every honest buyer who hits the BIN, has every intention of paying in a timely manner and unfortunately winds up getting screwed, there are probably a dozen eBayers who would previously hit the BIN just to ensure the card is theirs IF they decide to pay. With eBay policy generally being so partial towards buyers, not even allowing sellers to leave buyers negative feedback, I think it's fair to at least give sellers the option of requiring immediate payment for BINs. Just my opinion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I'm primarily a buyer on eBay and I tend to pay for my items within a day of purchase...really two days at most. I've definitely heard many, many others complain about this feature but I don't understand it. If you are hitting the BIN price the obvious expectation is you should pay in a timely manner. If you need a day or two to pay - for whatever reason - I would assume if you have good feedback you can message the seller and work with them. But I think as another poster said, for every honest buyer who hits the BIN, has every intention of paying in a timely manner and unfortunately winds up getting screwed, there are probably a dozen eBayers who would previously hit the BIN just to ensure the card is theirs IF they decide to pay. With eBay policy generally being so partial towards buyers, not even allowing sellers to leave buyers negative feedback, I think it's fair to at least give sellers the option of requiring immediate payment for BINs. Just my opinion
    Your opinion is dead on except the fact that sellers wonít take the time or tend to believe you so they wonít change it. Iíve tried several times. Like on a Wednesday waiting for my check and donít want overdraft as an example. So I see why people would be upset because big pockets always win. But if they did do that buyers and sellers would be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a buyer on the rare BIN I hit, I don't mind paying right away because I have the money and apparently the price was good otherwise I wouldn't be hitting the BIN.

I otherwise hate the BIN because there are mostly unrealistic BINs out there rather than reasonable BINs but I can understand why sellers put the fish bait out there and hope a sucker fish takes it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I don't like about is I can't look for additional items to add to my order. If I buy something I always check if the seller has other items I may want. Since I pay right away I lose out on combined shipping so now I don't even bother looking.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also a very bad point for BIN and paying right away. If you wait for the Seller to respond on combined shipping, the one card you wanted is GONE!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    The only thing I don't like about is I can't look for additional items to add to my order. If I buy something I always check if the seller has other items I may want. Since I pay right away I lose out on combined shipping so now I don't even bother looking.
    That is a huge and great point!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    Also a very bad point for BIN and paying right away. If you wait for the Seller to respond on combined shipping, the one card you wanted is GONE!
    Again great point and it also hurts if you have a coupon or
    Offer.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    You usually only buy Jake Peavy cards so there's only one person you're in competition with for BINs, you could probably not pay immediately and not worry about someone else getting it

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    Beat me to it! I was reading this thread waiting for someone to mention the worst part of having to pay a BIN right away.

I'm primarily a buyer, and I always pay quick, but I also always look to see if I can add items onto my order from the same seller. I only do so knowing I'll get combined shipping, which most sellers have set so that it has to be in the same purchase.

I get the sellers points about losing out of a buyer doesn't pay, but that's a rarity I would have to think. Having to pay right away for a BIN I believe is actually COSTING sellers money due to the lack of adding on IMO. I know I add on waaaaaay less than I used to nowadays.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always pay immediately so when I sell it annoys me when buyers donít. My biggest peeve is when someone makes an offer and I accept then they wait a week to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there much of a difference between hitting the BIN vs adding to your cart? I thought you could add multiple things to your cart and then request total from seller?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of clowns on ebay that tied up BIN and auctions for 1000's of dollars worth of cards and then pick and choose the one's they want to pay for, makes sense if you end a listing you need to pay right away. The multiple items thing is very valid though, maybe they need to have a 30 minute grace period.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swish54_99 View Post
    Is there much of a difference between hitting the BIN vs adding to your cart? I thought you could add multiple things to your cart and then request total from seller?

Yes you can put them in your cart. Another buyer can still buy it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís just like any other item online. You want it, then pay. Buy it now is exactly how it reads, now not later. Thatís only my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maestracewslover View Post
    It’s just like any other item online. You want it, then pay. Buy it now is exactly how it reads, now not later. That’s only my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are missing the point. I hit BIN went to pay for it NOW, there was a glitch with ebay for ONE minute. Page came back on and I went to pay again. And ebay stated SORRY this item is no longer available. The listing ended 50 seconds after the first time I hit pay now. When you hit BIN the paypal page come up in 4 seconds or less you pay and that is it 20 sec max.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast