Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hello from COMC.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA
Hello FreedomCardBoard!

My name is James Good and I am the Social Media Coordinator for COMC.com . For those not familiar with COMC, we are an online consignment service for collectibles that currently has over 16,000,000 items in stock. We pride ourselves on being the safe and easy way to buy and sell collectibles online.

We've joined the FreedomCardBoard community to answer any questions and gather any feedback and suggestions that you might have about our service .I'll be happy to answer non-account or order specific related questions that you might have. Questions about specific orders/consignment submissions will still need to be directed to our Customer Service Team ([email protected]). Feel free to PM me any questions/feedback/suggestions if you'd like as well, as I'll regularly be checking both the boards and this account's private messages.

On a personal note, I've been with COMC for coming up on six years now as a member of a couple of different teams (Identification, Customer Service, etc). I'm a lifelong collector, sports fanatic, finished 3rd at the 2013 Pokemon Trading Card Game World Championship, and believe that I own the largest Mitch Haniger PC in the world. Thanks for reading!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Welcome to the boards.

I was going to sell off a big % of my collection via Ebay consignee but I think COMC would give me better returns so I'm sure I'll dump a few questions on you soon. :grouphug:

Did you buy all the Hanigers before this year? You probably got a sweet deal then. I could see him easily going .290/40/125 this season.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Welcome, James! Awesome of you to reach out to the boards like this.
I have a couple of questions.
- Is there a limit to the number of cards COMC can ship in a single parcel using the economy $3.99 shipping?
- Can jumbo cards be shipped with standard-sized cards?
- Is the cost for toploaders for jumbo/oversized cards the same as regular cards, $.25/card?

I was going to sell off a big % of my collection via Ebay consignee but I think COMC would give me better returns.
^^If you have any high-end Frank Thomas, lmk. :D

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA
Welcome to the boards.

I was going to sell off a big % of my collection via Ebay consignee but I think COMC would give me better returns so I'm sure I'll dump a few questions on you soon. :grouphug:

Did you buy all the Hanigers before this year? You probably got a sweet deal then. I could see him easily going .290/40/125 this season.

Thank you. I did buy the majority of my collection during last season and in the off season. I am still actively buying, but picking my spots a bit more carefully. There are a handful of 1/1's and missing pieces to rainbows out there that I'm hoping will emerge sooner than later given his performance. If his slash line is anywhere near there, I'll probably be a seller on some of my duplicates! :eek:

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA
Welcome, James! Awesome of you to reach out to the boards like this.
I have a couple of questions.
- Is there a limit to the number of cards COMC can ship in a single parcel using the economy $3.99 shipping?
- Can jumbo cards be shipped with standard-sized cards?
- Is the cost for toploaders for jumbo/oversized cards the same as regular cards, $.25/card?

^^If you have any high-end Frank Thomas, lmk. :D

Hey Letch. To answer your questions:
- The maximum amount of items that can be requested for shipment at once is 1,000 items using any of our shipping services.
- All items can be shipped together regardless of size in one shipment request. Slabs, oversized and raw cards can all be shipped in one order!
- There are no up charges for supplies of various sizes, so yes, it's the same cost as regular cards.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Frank Thomas and Mitch Haniger have a lot in common... both hit 2 things HARD: baseballs and the disabled list. ;)

:lol:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Hey Letch. To answer your questions:
- The maximum amount of items that can be requested for shipment at once is 1,000 items using any of our shipping services.
- All items can be shipped together regardless of size in one shipment request. Slabs, oversized and raw cards can all be shipped in one order!
- There are no up charges for supplies of various sizes, so yes, it's the same cost as regular cards.

Man, that's EXCELLENT answers to all 3 questions. :p Thank you and again, welcome to FCB!

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Welcome to the board, thanks for joining in!

I like COMC overall. I think it's a good idea and it is well executed. Scans of front and back, plus combined shipping, those are the two best features for me. As a myopic player collector I don't often find stuff to buy that I don't have, but that's a me problem and not COMC. The biggest issue I have with COMC is sellers with stale, overpriced offerings. Same listings just sitting there year after year while the same cards flow through ebay at much lower prices. Obviously COMC has little control over what sellers choose to charge, but it's still an observation worth mentioning. Again, thanks for signing up on FCB and do stop by now and then, even if it's just to shoot the sh*t.

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA
Welcome to the board, thanks for joining in!

I like COMC overall. I think it's a good idea and it is well executed. Scans of front and back, plus combined shipping, those are the two best features for me. As a myopic player collector I don't often find stuff to buy that I don't have, but that's a me problem and not COMC. The biggest issue I have with COMC is sellers with stale, overpriced offerings. Same listings just sitting there year after year while the same cards flow through ebay at much lower prices. Obviously COMC has little control over what sellers choose to charge, but it's still an observation worth mentioning. Again, thanks for signing up on FCB and do stop by now and then, even if it's just to shoot the sh*t.

Thanks! This is very valid feedback, and is a ongoing challenge for us as consignment service that generally does not have a say in how items are priced. We run a couple big sales periods (Spring Cleaning and Black Friday) each year that offer sellers the ability to run free sales promotions, in an effort to move stale inventory. However, you are correct that some items, including highly desirable items, stay parked at prices that discourage prospective buyers from even making offers.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Welcome to the Freedomcardboard! I buy from your website....about 7 to 10 times a year! I'm also a member on another site! Best regards, David K.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
That's why I was saying we weren't in Kansas anymore. :lol:

but I guess if one were to confuse this forum for another SCF would be a good bet. They have a nice TTM feature and relatively low derp ratio.

We have a lot in common with SCF. Same software platform, same newsletter software, same mobile app software.

Some they got from us, some we got from them.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hello FreedomCardBoard!

My name is James Good and I am the Social Media Coordinator for COMC.com . For those not familiar with COMC, we are an online consignment service for collectibles that currently has over 16,000,000 items in stock. We pride ourselves on being the safe and easy way to buy and sell collectibles online.

We've joined the FreedomCardBoard community to answer any questions and gather any feedback and suggestions that you might have about our service .I'll be happy to answer non-account or order specific related questions that you might have. Questions about specific orders/consignment submissions will still need to be directed to our Customer Service Team ([email protected]). Feel free to PM me any questions/feedback/suggestions if you'd like as well, as I'll regularly be checking both the boards and this account's private messages.

On a personal note, I've been with COMC for coming up on six years now as a member of a couple of different teams (Identification, Customer Service, etc). I'm a lifelong collector, sports fanatic, finished 3rd at the 2013 Pokemon Trading Card Game World Championship, and believe that I own the largest Mitch Haniger PC in the world. Thanks for reading!

Any chance buyers will be able to communicate w sellers at some point? Being able to let a seller know you are interested in a particular card but that it is well above market could lead to more sales, esp in the situation mentioned above where a card has been well-overpriced for years.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Any chance buyers will be able to communicate w sellers at some point? Being able to let a seller know you are interested in a particular card but that it is well above market could lead to more sales, esp in the situation mentioned above where a card has been well-overpriced for years.

I second this. I purchase or sell cards daily on COMC and I bet I'd move double the inventory if I could chat with the other party. Even if it were automated text with limited options to ensure the integrity of the transaction. I love COMC and have recommended it to many collectors and see this as the only weakness.

Members online

Latest posts