Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew May 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah. Its funny that if you're on that AIC song on youtube and type in Pantera then it shows "10s" as the second to top on the autofill, despite that being not very common of a Pantera song. I guess that means a lot of fans realized it was a ripoff and wanted to go check. :lol:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I can't see Rick James without thinking of dave Chappelle, his show was great and the Rick James stuff was legendary sketch comedy. Charlie Murphy needs a mention for that as well

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I can't see Rick James without thinking of dave Chappelle, his show was great and the Rick James stuff was legendary sketch comedy. Charlie Murphy needs a mention for that as well

Yeah that was classic... Dave and Rick do look very similar. He was going to do a full length movie parodying Rick James but then he died.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Plus Charlie died and he coulda narrated the hell out of that. It probably would be in poor taste to make fun of a music icon that is dead though

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Plus Charlie died and he coulda narrated the hell out of that. It probably would be in poor taste to make fun of a music icon that is dead though

Yep, which is why the best strategy is to make fun of Dave then die so he can't tease you back! ;)

220px-Breakfastwait.jpg

btw, this is my very last chance at Ohtani getting hurt . . .just a few innings left. I'm going to have to send [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] my precious Todd Huntley that I wine and dine every night... all night. :-|

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ohtani strikes out in the 8th. Angels needs to bat around to give him another chance to hurt himself. :grouphug:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-scioscia-wont-stop-ohtani-from-hr-derby/c-277448618

Scioscia said he'd let Ohtani hit in the HR derby....if he isn't injured by then he'll definitely get injured right after (or during) that.

I can't win now but I can afford losing if he gets hurt in a week nobody has him. . . this is a lot more fun than regular fantasy baseball, I say we do a big draft version of this next year. (or maybe even a post allstar break pool)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I can't win now but I can afford losing if he gets hurt in a week nobody has him. . . this is a lot more fun than regular fantasy baseball, I say we do a big draft version of this next year. (or maybe even a post allstar break pool)

Who would be the player for the post all-star break pool? Or did the original Ohtani injury pool only run through the All-Star break? Someone must have bet on him not getting injured. If not, you wouldn't win but you wouldn't lose either.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Who would be the player for the post all-star break pool? Or did the original Ohtani injury pool only run through the All-Star break? Someone must have bet on him not getting injured. If not, you wouldn't win but you wouldn't lose either.
[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] has him not getting injured. This contest goes full year but I was thinking the Allstar break would be a good time to reset and start a possible side contest. Not a single player this time, but a draft where you get multiple players... and the person who has team with the most combined DL days would win. I think full draft would be better than this one, because if Ohtani would have been popped for PEDs on day 1 it would have been over. :( The other problem is he has played very very little so the risks aren't as fun as I thought.

Maybe we would have to wait until next season to start a new contest but I wouldn't mind having 2 going simultaneously. Getting as many Night Crewers to do it as possible would be a lot of fun.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Jack Flaherty, have yourself a game!!! 7.2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 H, 13 K (W, 1-1)

However I am kicking myself cuz it looks like I'm gonna lose this week's fantasy game by just 10-15 points...however, if I had decided to call up Jack Flaherty from my minor league team instead of picking up Chad Kuhl off free agency I would have won :( Flaherty's start today will be worth 38.5 points alone, combine it with his other start this week and that's 51.5 pts! And what did Chad Kuhl do for me this week you may ask? 2 points...

This was my fault for not paying attention to the news. If I had known Flaherty was being called up again to start TWO games this week, let alone one I would have definitely taken him instead of Chad Kunt. We only get two transactions a week and I had used both of them by the time he pitched his first game.

[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] has him not getting injured. This contest goes full year but I was thinking the Allstar break would be a good time to reset and start a possible side contest. Not a single player this time, but a draft where you get multiple players... and the person who has team with the most combined DL days would win. I think full draft would be better than this one, because if Ohtani would have been popped for PEDs on day 1 it would have been over. :( The other problem is he has played very very little so the risks aren't as fun as I thought.

Maybe we would have to wait until next season to start a new contest but I wouldn't mind having 2 going simultaneously. Getting as many Night Crewers to do it as possible would be a lot of fun.

I'd be down for that!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Haven't seen that one yet. My favorite superhero adaptations are still the early 90s Xmen and Batman cartoons. (I think I like them even better than any of the comic books) Its interesting to compare the cartoon episodes to the movies (such as Days of Future Past) and see which version is better.... never a contest!