Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1813.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	79630

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Japanese sensation to major league superstar to a team mascot and now he'll be mingling with the fat cats in the front office
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the Mariners put him on the roster for the final home game and give him a proper ceremony for him and his fans.
    Unless of course Ichiro's stubborn and refuses because he still thinks he can play next season.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I hope the Mariners put him on the roster for the final home game and give him a proper ceremony for him and his fans.
    Unless of course Ichiro's stubborn and refuses because he still thinks he can play next season.
    I think he'll play next season based on soneone's twitter thought today.

I think the "not retired" part means that he'll be thrown on the 25-man roster for the Japan series next year and then he'll permanently retire after that.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very odd sendoff, I bet Ichiro was fighting it to the very end. His new "front office roll" is probably a fake job and we will play in Japan series next year. The biggest mistake Ichiro made wasn't signing this deal but signing the Marlins one, that outfield was young + stacked and wasted a few of his final years.

If its the end it was an amazing career. I can only imagine how dominant he would have been if coming over pre age 27 (when he was even faster!) but his 262 hit campaign stands out as the high point. A record that was held so long nobody talked about a player breaking it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    A very odd sendoff, I bet Ichiro was fighting it to the very end. His new "front office roll" is probably a fake job
    I think it might be a real job.. Ichiro could be ordered by the team to go back home to Japan, attend/watch NPB and give the Mariners names of players they might want to lure to MLB (or if there are names being mentioned, get Ichiro's insight on how those player may do if they came to MLB).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    I think it might be a real job.. Ichiro could be ordered by the team to go back home to Japan, attend/watch NPB and give the Mariners names of players they might want to lure to MLB (or if there are names being mentioned, get Ichiro's insight on how those player may do if they came to MLB).
    Ah that does make sense. If they had Ichiro to hype the M's organization to Japanese players I bet the next Ohtani might sign here. At first I thought his job might be scouting Milb or giving young players advice which seems bad since he's an eccentric unorthodox player... but your theory sounds better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he'll play in Japan until he's 50

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mariners probably going with the younger players. Best regards, David PS sad because he could help them.
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a sealed set of 2001 Topps HTA that I busted a few days ago to pull out his RC, potentially to grade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ichiro Auto plus RC and Relic.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	79651

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry.....Hoping a team will pick he up.......a veteran is a good thing with young players. Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ichiro will be the M's bench coach for the series vs DET.