Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay feedback, do I have this right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm perplexed at ebay right now...

I won a card over a month ago, the seller marked as shipped right away but left no tracking number, 3 wks later nothing arrived so I tried a "item not received" dialogue with the seller. Seller claims wife was supposed to ship the card while he was away on business and that he would refund shipping cost. Seller mails card, I get it, ebay closes the dialogue. I dispute with ebay saying the transaction is not complete as the seller promised to refund the shipping cost and had not and ebay says they don't care, I received my card, dialogue closed.

I go to leave feedback and the item has been wiped from the ebay system.

What I don't get is why wipe the item from the system and keep me from leaving feedback saying "took 4 weeks to ship"? Don't others deserve to know this seller could be scammy or at least doesn't provide good service like shipping when they change the shipping status when you win their auction?

I have another ebay auction 3 weeks overdue and I'm gunshy to do another "item not received" dialogue because ebay apparently protects sellers by not allowing feedback to be left when you open a common-sense dialogue with the seller and I'll lose my right to leave fair feedback. I guess I could just eat the $10 and neg bomb them if it doesn't show up in another week.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Very odd situation, didn't know they could just wipe away an item, but I agree with u. You should be able to warn other buyers about seller's slow shipping.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
Open a PayPal dispute on that first guy. Might not succeed, but would definitely be annoying to the guy and doesn't take much effort on your part. I've also never heard of a seller being able to remove an item to prevent you from leaving feedback. I've left feedback weeks after receiving items before.

Definitely open an "item not received" case on the second one. Do everything you can to help eBay protect your transaction.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
They will wipe out a transaction if you open a case and it's found in the sellers favor.

This one should be an exception though.

Scott F

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
They will wipe out a transaction if you open a case and it's found in the sellers favor.

This one should be an exception though.

First, I thought I was contacting the seller about why the card had not arrived but I guess ebay makes it opening a case now.

I agree it probably was thought to be in the seller's favor (since the card arrived) and I don't think I should lose my rights to leave feedback because it makes it so there is no incentive for ebay sellers to ship cards and face potential unfavorable feedback star ratings/comments when you can wait for the item not received note and know no feedback can be left.

Either force ebay sellers to use tracking (so you can't mark it shipped without a tracking number for ebay staff to see if the item has actually shipped) or quit removing the ability to leave feedback if a case had to be opened.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts