Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hi People...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Wow -- that's funny. Can't believe it has been that long. I feel like it was something like '99 or 2000 when I started posting on the BMB... That's crazy. In addition to all of my "internet friends," I also made some legit real-world friends through my participation there, guys that I see pretty much every time they roll through Denver (generally around Great American Beer Festival time).

I'm sure you old timers probably remember Dave Courtney too... I haven't heard from him in well over a decade at least, but he presented as part of a panel discussion at a conference that my Firm was sponsoring a couple of years ago. I had planned to be at the conference, but couldn't make it. It would have been cool to meet him.

I still have an old e-mail address with a ton of old BMB correspondence in it, including some of the silly HOF stuff. It is kind of fun to scroll through every couple of years to remember all of the petty squabbles... and there were plenty of them.

Chad I most definitely remember Courtney. He was on my list of favorites. A nice guy and funny too. I met him, Sean Christian (The Jedi Knight?) and Ty Buttars our residential "Used Igloo Salesman" (Wish I could remember all of the sub-names that we all used to use. Mine was McGwire Collector...::facepalm::) at the 2004 National in Cleveland. 3 really nice guys, especially Dave. I remember chatting with him years ago on the BMB's about his desire to get out of the hobby and I can only assume that he never had the desire to get back in.

Members online