Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hi People...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Not to mention the Teletrade phone auctions, before eBay existed.
I used the heck out of Teletrade! In fact, just recently I started organizing my collection and still had several cards still in the toploaders with an uncut Teletrade sticker! LOL

Last edited:

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Teletrade! Dude I forgot all about those call-in auctions...Man that and the SCD were the way to go. Yep, nothing like getting those paper lists of cards for sale in the mail!

-Yes Danny, that was a great group. I do not remember the others who were rolled out on the red carpet with me...:p

-Thanks Dan.

-Hey Tweety, how you doing? It's been awhile... Life is good, hope your doing well!!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
[MENTION=2400]Randy Shields[/MENTION] here you go:

cjedmonton (Chris Jenkins)
anythingu (Lawrence)
Ccouch (Chad Couch)
Randy Shields

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Always heard You were one of the nicest guys in the hobby, Randy. I think we talked a few times on the old boards, but We’ve never traded that I can recall, but maybe one day? Either way, welcome back.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
[MENTION=2400]Randy Shields[/MENTION] here you go:

cjedmonton (Chris Jenkins)
anythingu (Lawrence)
Ccouch (Chad Couch)
Randy Shields

Wow -- that's funny. Can't believe it has been that long. I feel like it was something like '99 or 2000 when I started posting on the BMB... That's crazy. In addition to all of my "internet friends," I also made some legit real-world friends through my participation there, guys that I see pretty much every time they roll through Denver (generally around Great American Beer Festival time).

I'm sure you old timers probably remember Dave Courtney too... I haven't heard from him in well over a decade at least, but he presented as part of a panel discussion at a conference that my Firm was sponsoring a couple of years ago. I had planned to be at the conference, but couldn't make it. It would have been cool to meet him.

I still have an old e-mail address with a ton of old BMB correspondence in it, including some of the silly HOF stuff. It is kind of fun to scroll through every couple of years to remember all of the petty squabbles... and there were plenty of them.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Welcome back Randy! It is your display of Randy Rhoads that has me remembering you...by far my number 1 most favorite and respected musicians. I named my Murano Randy Roads when I bought it ages ago haha!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Wow -- that's funny. Can't believe it has been that long. I feel like it was something like '99 or 2000 when I started posting on the BMB... That's crazy. In addition to all of my "internet friends," I also made some legit real-world friends through my participation there, guys that I see pretty much every time they roll through Denver (generally around Great American Beer Festival time).

I'm sure you old timers probably remember Dave Courtney too... I haven't heard from him in well over a decade at least, but he presented as part of a panel discussion at a conference that my Firm was sponsoring a couple of years ago. I had planned to be at the conference, but couldn't make it. It would have been cool to meet him.

I still have an old e-mail address with a ton of old BMB correspondence in it, including some of the silly HOF stuff. It is kind of fun to scroll through every couple of years to remember all of the petty squabbles... and there were plenty of them.

There were definitely some interesting discussions, especially late at night. The first HOF group was 2003, so most of us had been there 4-6 years prior to that, I'm guessing!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Always heard You were one of the nicest guys in the hobby, Randy. I think we talked a few times on the old boards, but We’ve never traded that I can recall, but maybe one day? Either way, welcome back.

Man, has someone been pulling your leg...;) Maybe someday, and thanks!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Welcome back Randy! It is your display of Randy Rhoads that has me remembering you...by far my number 1 most favorite and respected musicians. I named my Murano Randy Roads when I bought it ages ago haha!

Thank you. Awesome! That kid was some kind of special!!

Members online

Latest posts