User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Jeter rookie sets modern era record

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    47
     buster3697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Jeter rookie sets modern era record


  2. #2
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    8,727
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This of how many MEGA boxes he could have bought. What a waste

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    26,167
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was kinda surprised there were that many 10s...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,671
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trout super sold for 400k
    [B][SIZE=3]

    JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

    My current hot RC EBAY auctions. http://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

  5. #5
    Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,462
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmint View Post
    trout super sold for 400k
    Yep, that article is way off.
    Here's the guy who bought the Trout for $400,000:

    https://www.beckett.com/news/2009-bo...the-new-owner/
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    47
     buster3697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Yep, that article is way off.
    Here's the guy who bought the Trout for $400,000:

    https://www.beckett.com/news/2009-bo...the-new-owner/
    His Ď09 is considered a prospect card I think, maybe thatís where they make a distinction from rookie? 🤷*♂️

    Says he bet on Holm over Rousey, he made a few bucks there!

  7. #7
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    11,649
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBust80 View Post
    His ‘09 is considered a prospect card I think, maybe that’s where they make a distinction from rookie? ��*♂️

    Says he bet on Holm over Rousey, he made a few bucks there!
    Based on the first paragraph "A Derek Jeter rookie card has sold for $99,100, the highest price ever paid for a modern-day baseball card" the author was referring to all modern-day cards in general so whether it's a rookie or prospect card, autographed or non-autographed, 1-of-1 or unnumbered, is a moot point. The author was just wrong. But it's an ESPN article so I'd expect as much. They follow sports, not so much sports cards. Also, it's Derek Jeter & ESPN loves it's Yankees so any chance they get to slobber over them, they'll take it.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  8. #8
    Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,462
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much do PSA 10 or BGS 10 Pujols '01 Bowman Chrome Auto RCs go for?
    It would be easier to get a 10 with a Chrome card than a delicate foil card, but there were only 500 total Pujols cards made.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

  9. #9
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    11,649
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    How much do PSA 10 or BGS 10 Pujols '01 Bowman Chrome Auto RCs go for?
    It would be easier to get a 10 with a Chrome card than a delicate foil card, but there were only 500 total Pujols cards made.
    I know that BGS 9.5/10's sell for roughly $10k+ and with only 7 PSA 10 copies in existence I'd imagine it would go for a good amount more than that. Probably over $20k. As far as I know there is only one BGS 10 in existence so it would go for considerably more than that, however I don't believe it would get as much as this Jeter.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  10. #10
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    8,727
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I know that BGS 9.5/10's sell for roughly $10k+ and with only 7 PSA 10 copies in existence I'd imagine it would go for a good amount more than that. Probably over $20k. As far as I know there is only one BGS 10 in existence so it would go for considerably more than that, however I don't believe it would get as much as this Jeter.
    How much do you think the Clayton Kershaw super auto would go for?

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  11. #11
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,225
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have mentioned, the Trout Superfractor sold for $400K, though no on a public platform, so it is harder to confirm.

    Pretty crazy sale price on the Jeter, with a major premium over others that have sold over the last few years.

    Might be time to buy all the BGS 9.5's on eBay at $5K-$10K apiece and submit them with PSA...

  12. #12
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    11,649
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    As others have mentioned, the Trout Superfractor sold for $400K, though no on a public platform, so it is harder to confirm.

    Pretty crazy sale price on the Jeter, with a major premium over others that have sold over the last few years.

    Might be time to buy all the BGS 9.5's on eBay at $5K-$10K apiece and submit them with PSA...
    No, the Trout actually sold on e-bay...

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Bowman...p2047675.l2557

    And if you go to sortsof you can see the best offer price that was accepted

    http://sortsof.com/item/173297235016...auto-1-1-bgs-9

    And this is the article about the guy who bought it...

    https://www.beckett.com/news/2009-bo...the-new-owner/

    There is no reason the writer of the article should have missed it. Had he done his fact checking first he would have seen this.

    I'll go ahead and say it since nobody else has......fake news
    Last edited by death2redemptions; 05-27-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  13. #13
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,225
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    No, the Trout actually sold on e-bay...

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Bowman...p2047675.l2557

    And if you go to sortsof you can see the best offer price that was accepted

    http://sortsof.com/item/173297235016...auto-1-1-bgs-9

    And this is the article about the guy who bought it...

    https://www.beckett.com/news/2009-bo...the-new-owner/

    There is no reason the writer of the article should have missed it. Had he done his fact checking first he would have seen this.

    I'll go ahead and say it since nobody else has......fake news
    My mistake. Thanks for correcting it. Definitely no excuse for the writer to miss that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •