Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - June 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Also for what it's worth, I am bummed out about Miguel Cabrera, and also Ohtani. I like Cabrera a lot and it just sucks that he ripped his arm up. Getting old blows. And Ohtani was having a fine 2-way season and creating a lot of buzz, and now he's done for who knows how long. Depends on who you believe. Somewhere between 3 weeks and 1.5 seasons. Whatever. Hope he can play again soon.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Forget Haniger in that play, it was a rocket of a throw though, the tag Segura laid down was incredible, maybe a handful of middle infielders would have spun like that and got it down.
Haniger is having a great season, seems like a good dude, hope he can stay healthy this year and show what he can do over a full season.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah, that was a sweet defensive sequence, especially the tag. Got to give those two professionals some good credit for doing a nice job. I love how the pitcher just holds his arm up like "you da man" for a long time. I didn't play all that much baseball/softball when I was younger, but on the rare occasion the pitcher gave me one of those, I felt like a total badass.

Forget Haniger in that play, it was a rocket of a throw though, the tag Segura laid down was incredible, maybe a handful of middle infielders would have spun like that and got it down.
Haniger is having a great season, seems like a good dude, hope he can stay healthy this year and show what he can do over a full season.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Those 2 guys are keeping up the hot streak. Haniger had another defensive gem in the top 9th then hits walkoff homer on the bottom 9th. Segura gets 3 more hits and is pushing .350 with 20 doubles. This is the biggest ripoff trade in a long long long time.

As for Valbuena clowning then getting caught, most managers would consider benching a guy for that. The problem is Mike Scoicia is a bad manager and his only skill is being a subpar Robert De Niro lookalike. Its almost as fun as having Dusty Baker manage your rival team. :)

It would have been a fun game to watch in full, but these Facebook games have so much lag and trash commentary that I couldn't get through 2 innings. :confused:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
These days I don't have the patience anymore for full games and just scan updates on mlb.com gameday. (for video highlights) along with several innings of free Fukbook baseball. Last year I watched 7-8 full games on youtube streaming (and many partials) but they seem to put the banhammer to that. So I'm back to just watching highlights.

I agree, Root Sports is a ripoff. The radio announcers for this team is superior anyways.

A few days ago I said I would grind a guy to dust in that tournament. Not only is that coming true, but something even better. . . a W by forfeit!!! :p I don't know what is more rewarding, chess wins you didn't earn or Costco food samplers you didn't earn either.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My Friday at work. Have a vacation day tomorrow. Going to watch WWE NXT on Friday evening and don’t want to have to be up all night Thursday and get no sleep on Friday.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Wow, going hard after ol' Scioscia! Not saying he doesn't deserve it though ;-)

At least the Angels will probably finish above .500. Cannot say the same for my wretched Rockies. After all the preseason and early season BS, they are showing that, yet again, they are who they always have been. No way anyone could have seen that coming!

They are the absolute definition of a mediocre baseball team. All you need to know about that team is that in 25 years in existence, they have never won their division. If they were average, just average, you'd expect 5 division titles in a 5 team division in 25 years. But the organization, and the team, are not average. They are mediocre. Front office can't find quality free agents, can't pull off a trade for anyone worth a sh!t. I always look at pre-season reviews from ESPN etc about how each team did during the off season. Rockies? Usually a C or worse. Sometimes not even mentioned at all (seriously). That's what you get when you spend your time acquiring journeymen middle relief and utility infielders. We have a few quality homegrown players, but it's just never enough, especially on the mound. I can't even name all of our starting 5. That's partly my fault, but you know what? That's partly their fault too. And when they do pitch well, as they have been on occasion this season, our lineup can barely scrape together 3 runs.

Pitching well? Can't hit!
Hitting well? Can't pitch!
Losing blowouts?
Losing close games?

Yes and yes and yes and yes. That is what mediocre teams do. Win 2, lose 2. Win 1, lose 3. Win 3, lose 3. Win 1, lose 2. Pathetic. Except for one astonishing September, 10 years ago, that team has NEVER been good. EVER. In 25 years. Good thing the ownership continues to rake in loads of cash, that makes me feel better.

Off to bed. I've had a few in case you couldn't tell. But whether I'm inebriated or not, the Rockies still suck, as they always have, and as they always will.

Those 2 guys are keeping up the hot streak. Haniger had another defensive gem in the top 9th then hits walkoff homer on the bottom 9th. Segura gets 3 more hits and is pushing .350 with 20 doubles. This is the biggest ripoff trade in a long long long time.

As for Valbuena clowning then getting caught, most managers would consider benching a guy for that. The problem is Mike Scoicia is a bad manager and his only skill is being a subpar Robert De Niro lookalike. Its almost as fun as having Dusty Baker manage your rival team. :)

It would have been a fun game to watch in full, but these Facebook games have so much lag and trash commentary that I couldn't get through 2 innings. :confused:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
One more thing - [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] - you changed your avatar! I am going to miss the old darth vader / flying hand one. That was brilliant.

Members online

Latest posts