Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The MLB Draft Official Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Happy draft day, all. Anything draft-related, discuss it here.

Which players are you most looking forward to seeing where they get drafted?

For me:

1) Bren Spillane - not likely to go off the board until Day 2 (3rd-10th round), he's an Illini and has serious power.
2) Jordyn Adams - two sport five-tool athlete, will take a hefty paycheck to get him to pass on football.
3) Luke Heimlich - you already know about his history, and if ANY team drafts him, it'll generate some SERIOUS controversy, to put it mildly. I doubt he'll go off the board, but you never know.

FYI - I got word the following players will be in attendance in the studio, so hopefully we can expect them to have Draft Night autos in Bowman Draft:

Alec Bohm
Travis Swaggerty
Tristan Casas
Xavier Edwards
Anthony Siegler
Carter Stewart

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm interested to see what the Gigantes do at 2, all Cal League teams' drafts and after the draft I'll see what kids come from Northern California.
I really like draft nights no matter the sport. I think about all the sacrifices parents, coaches, siblings etc made, how much extra practice these young men put in and that night it all pays off. Watching their life time dream come true is so cool to watch.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
23- Yankees

The generic option is the So. Cal guy in Brice Turang, but I want to see something bold. Give me Alek Thomas.

Otherwise, Luken Baker is the most intriguing one for me. If he were draft eligible last year, this guy would've been a top 10 pick. His stock has regressed since then, so it's interesting to see how teams value him now. This draft rough once you get past Mize and Singer for college pitchers. Same goes for college hitters. This draft is tough to forecast because of all the prep arms with similar profiles. Only one or two pitches separate these guys. The track record of drafting high school right handers has been abysmal in the first round. Most of these guys might slip into the second round as teams try and cost save with college picks. Regardless, Christmas in June is here!!!!!!!!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Looks like more people are starting to think Mize is asking for more money than the Tigers want to pay...he could slip to the Phillies at 3 but that would require the Phillies pick seniors for the most part 4-10.
I'd hope if he isn't 1 the Giants get him. Their current pitching situation doesn't look very good

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I'd hope if he isn't 1 the Giants get him. Their current pitching situation doesn't look very good

I think it's harder for a team like the Tigers and Giants because that type of hit impacts all the other picks in the top 10. The phillies have no 2nd or 3rd round pick. Either of those teams would be forced in to a college senior heavy draft.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think it's harder for a team like the Tigers and Giants because that type of hit impacts all the other picks in the top 10. The phillies have no 2nd or 3rd round pick. Either of those teams would be forced in to a college senior heavy draft.
Ahh I didn't know they didn't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Makes a lot of sense they can pay him more. Make the Phillies great again

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
My ten most intriguing draft prospects that weren't in many mocks. Curious to see where they land:

Nick Schnell, OF
Luken Baker, 1B
Joe Gray Jr., OF
Grant Lavigne, 1B
Osiris Johnson, SS

Lenny Torres Jr., RHP
Tim Cate, LHP
Daniel Lynch, LHP
Austin Becker, RHP
Adam Kloffenstein, RHP

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Happy draft day, all. Anything draft-related, discuss it here.

Which players are you most looking forward to seeing where they get drafted?

For me:

1) Bren Spillane - not likely to go off the board until Day 2 (3rd-10th round), he's an Illini and has serious power.
2) Jordyn Adams - two sport five-tool athlete, will take a hefty paycheck to get him to pass on football.
3) Luke Heimlich - you already know about his history, and if ANY team drafts him, it'll generate some SERIOUS controversy, to put it mildly. I doubt he'll go off the board, but you never know.

FYI - I got word the following players will be in attendance in the studio, so hopefully we can expect them to have Draft Night autos in Bowman Draft:

Alec Bohm
Travis Swaggerty
Tristan Casas
Xavier Edwards
Anthony Siegler
Carter Stewart

I believe Jordyn plays for his dad, Deke Adams, former SC Defensive Coordinator, now at UNC. He played his early HS career in SC while his dad was coaching in Columbia, I remember him making a name for himself in baseball before football. Will be tough to pull him away from playing for hid dad, if I had to guess.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Carter Stewart - yes, another Braves arm - has a curveball that has been declared illegal in several states. You'll like him. More command than Touki, too.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Groshans to Toronto. Third basemen are flying off the board early.

Thoughts, [MENTION=2671]aarne13[/MENTION]?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Apparently college pitchers aren't much in demand?

EDIT: Right after I say that, Logan Gilbert goes off.

Members online