Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Has to do with the QR CODE amongst other things. The older labels do not have the newest tech advances and are a real hinderance in me keeping up with my inventory and sets. I am slowly trying to drag my butt cheeks into the 21st century despite being an old man. Its been great when traveling to be able to check on a label and also check my mobile registry stuff and see if its something I need for a set or not. I happen to like all the PSA label modifications. Check that link out for what I'm talking about.

Got more I am scanning now just woke up for work.

Jeff

I guessed it was something like that. My OCD would be enough if I had a slab collection like yours but the mobile registry part would be a necessity I think.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More recent slabs back. The Boggs I now have multiples of card # 2 in PSA 9 .
The Griffey Tek is a Pop 2 none higher
The Belle Tek is a Pop 1 none higher
The Jeter Box Score if you've ever opened any boxes you'll know NRMT 8 is fine that series was horribly cut

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs back. Still haven't seen BGS subs from 2020. Or late 2019 for that matter.
All the below are Pop 1 so far. Maybe one day two of the below players not in the HOF will get appropriate recognition for their outstanding careers. We all know about Rivera of course :)

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More recent Nomar slabs back all as expected . Many condition sensitive sets are involved and quite a few production issues are common.
The Press Proof Silver thought they were fair on upper left corner shows white. Pop 1 none higher.
The Leaf Limited Previews were prone to refractor lines. It's currently a Pop 1 none higher
The Class of 2001 are VERY prone to chipping and corner issues. It's currently a Pop 1 none higher
I'll scan some of my other Class of 2001 to show the common chipping issues for you.
The Leaf Certified actually was one of the worst cut Leaf Products I've seen. Pop 1 so far none higher and doubtful any will be.
All in all as expected. I've got more of all of them but will look carefully at them. NRMT is common on all.
Very tough to get Mint and higher on many of these.

Have more Garciaparra coming as I catch up scanning

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more Nomar slabs scanned.These 3 made the sub of the above palatable. The Fleer Box Scores another poorly made set the PSA 8 is fine for now.
Its a Pop 1 nine higher. Happy about the Mint 9 on the Longevity ( Pop 2 none higher) and the PSA 10 Gem on the Blue Press Proof is worth the sub !
Its currently a Pop 1.

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more slabs these are all back from fresh minty re-slabbing .

The Mac/Canseco Red is a Pop 8 at this time
The Mac Blue 91 is a Pop 12 at this time
The Thomas Superior Sluggers a Pop 2
And the Thomas Finest is from my set build its currently a Pop 6
full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I have my every other year insurance scanning due so expect to see NEW stuff mixed in with my older scans
Hope folks enjoy as I go thru this stuff always nice to take slabs out of storage once every few years and handle physically.

All these Mcgwires are from my old BGS registry. The last I own that I can see so far.
Stragglers if you will from my move 15 years ago to Vegas.
Will be selling soon but will talk to a couple BGS Big Mac Collectors first before publicly doing so.

The 1988 Fleer is one of 49 Gems and is an older label- graded back in 2003
The 1997 Metal Blast Furacece is a Pop 9 . Very difficult surface on these.
The 2000 Topps Chrome Own The Game Refractor is a Pop 2- graded Sept 11,2000.
Besides low pop I love the old label from the early BGS days.
The 2001 Bowman Chrome X-Fractors is a Pop 4 item

The next 2 I showed are my babies and hold some special meaning as they were tough gets at the time and still are difficult to Gem.

The 2000 Hasboro SLU WalMart Mac is a 500 hr special item and is a Pop 2.
This one requires a re-label as there are two types- the base Hasbro #20 and this 500 HR Special card which BGS labels # 20A
If someone buys it for the registry- well relabel it is :(

And finally the ONE registry card I always said I'd keep until another came up higher.
Still waiting on that to happen. Its incredibly difficult to Gem much less be flawless.
These Gold Label Prospectors Dreams have surface issues all the time and corners are always difficult.
It is still a Pop 1 nearly 12+ years later and NO card is even close- no Mint 9 and the closest is 5 different BGS 8.5

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Gonna take me 6 months to scan for insurance ( did last time). Lots of Red Sox especially Clemens
Here goes in no particular order- 6 at a time

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another Batch of 6 scanned below. Like I said no particular order just what went into the box

Slabbed the Jersey # on the 2002 Leaf Certified Skills as I have others. Just wanted that one protected.
Paid dearly for the Ovation and years ago missed out on another rarer Quad one-- was listed at the wrong time ( isn't that always the case ?? ). Still haven't seen the other version up in years and when it was up was overpriced a couplehundred higher than it should have been ( Eddie Silard in CT had it last I knew). The Timeless seem to come around when I am in good shape which has been awesome as that's a tough series

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another batch of 6 scanned. Just an FYI for those that don't sub game used very often
Get used to NrMint 8.5 or if PSA NrMt 8 coming back. Tough to get Mint 9 and higher stuff
Game used just isn't cut the same way as base items. I always find the Mint 9 game used acceptable
I never try and upgrade once I slab "unless" it appears online and someone else did it for me
Too many cards I need protected to waste time trying to get perfection on game used that
frankly just doesn't happen often.
So these Mint 9 are fine for me at least let the anal retentive deal with the "perfection" issues
I do try and upgrade the 8.5 or lower IF at all possible. I just don't prioritize it.

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some more scans. The 2001 SP Game Used Trios been around forever loved that series when it came out
The Donruss Class of 2001 Bobblehead Card shows the Bobble it came with and the Sample card came out of a promo pack.
Can't remember if I have a higher slabbed UD Authentics card, believe I do along with the Gold version somewhere else.
More to follow I need this insurance scan done

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OH- and todays mail brought me these. VERY happy mailday as is John ( jcpz) who subbed the Mahomes rest are mine.
ANEW-SLABS.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
These four are among the ones I was very happy just to get back after subbing years ago.
The Bronze Frames are prone to all sorts of issues- think I looked at 20 base cards before deciding on these two.
The Timeline jersey I found one week and the next week the 1/1 appeared. I was constantly outbid back then.
Had 3 or 4 heavy hitters involved in Clemens. Went huge--somehow took it home at 50% of my snipe.
Happy day when it came in as that series drove me nuts when I found out how many 1/1 existed.
I made great money though busting 2004 DK boxes sold at least 6 of the various 1/1 for $200+ before people realized how many existed for each player.
One Ripken base was $200 which I thought was manna from heaven as it was a base 1/1 not even a jersey item.

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More scans including some Gem Mint game used from 2007 Ultimate
Includes a jersey number item and somewhere I believe I have the 1/1 Career Best Prime Materials
I remember in 2007 when the first bankruptcy stuff started showing noticing the "no serial number "replacement stuff
Picked up so I'd have numbered and unnumbered versions. I'll scan more tomorrow

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more scans done. A 2006 Ultimate Quad I prefer strong sigs but apparently BGS doesn't like these.
Not sure why = the Oswalt isn't cut off- he just didn't go all the way down. All strong with no smears or fading.
The Xfractor I found right when the series came out. The dual Elite have owned forever same with the ACN.
The ACN I own this 1/1 version and another stamped to 5.
More to follow slowly working my way thru Box 1 of stuff.

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
From the 2005 DONRUSS CLASSICS series a bunch of scans. Havent done a list of what I need in forever
Actually haven't bought any Clemens in forever concentrating on other Red Sox in my PC.
The Jersey Number piece we discussed years ago whether they did it on purpose or not ( his number was 12,21, or 22 = not 23 at any time). No one at DLP ever admitted to whether it was done intentionally to draw attention to the series or if the person didn't know Clemens jersey #. Even today no ones fessed up to the truth. I may have 1 or 2 more buried somewhere found these in the same box I've been scanning

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Been busy doing personal stuff the last few days and more doc visits with wife. Scanning was back burner to my PSA subs
Got some time so some new scans. Some Clemens and a few new others once I get that far.
The Diamond Dominators was my first 10 back in the day and that and the Metal Universe made me happy when they came back. Anyone who has subbed either series knows the Gem difficulties. Refractor Gems are relatively common although I seem to be the only one subbing Clemens. The team book I have a bunch of PSA 10 I may cross over 1 day.
This got the Auth label as my hand slipped cutting it manually so the line is wavy hence the no grade auth slab.

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
What is the "Team Book" designation? I have never heard of this somehow.

Look at eBay auction 303497793936 Billy. Any Donruss card from these books is going to display certain characteristics having been hand cut from the books. Cool little 80's innovation. Mine my hand slipped and I was slightly off producing a wavy line. I'll try again, I have some books here, and a few PSA 10 I'll try with.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
No posts in my own thread in 8 weeks tells you how busy its been in my life
Some recent stuff back. I have more to follow as I catch up on lots of projects I am behind on
First BGS sub in 18 months back. And a few PSA re-slabs with new slab covers
Scanning more will show of more as I catch scanning and my registries up

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Members online

Latest posts