User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent slab pickups / grading

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK more stuff that's been in that I cannot remember if I posted. Many know I collect
    certain Red Sox ( Clemens, Boggs, Garciaparra, Dewey Evans, Pudge Fisk and Fred Lynn)
    Like others though I seem to have an unintentional Hit Dog collection. In my book-
    Mo gets a pass before many others in that organization for his outreach work done while he
    was a member of the Sox organization. A couple of hit dog die cuts below !!

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pickups..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally I was able to Gem a Juan Gonzalez Donruss Preferred item after 9 tries. While its his base Executive Suite #561 its still my first Gem in that many attempts. These are just plain tough items to Gem. I now have about 10 Juan Gone gems--sort a mini collection I guess. Doing all my late 90's and early 2000's stuff now. The Jeter and Larkin/Belle refractors are both re-slabs in the new lighthouse holders. The Jeter is off T-B otherwise would have gemmed that one easily.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three cards that I'll be sending to PSA for the new lighthouse slabs are below
    Case anyone's wondering why lots of Bagwell/Biggio- well many sets stars start at B

When I start getting to the rest of the alphabet you'll so other players
    Still hammering away at the start points of these sets ( there are 70 sets in the 90s I'm busy slabbing)

And of course an obligatory [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION] Juan Gone card

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome cards in this thread. Thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry folks have not been updating this since I got sick a while ago-- here are some new slabs back in August / Sept from BGS

With just 10 apiece not too worried on that Near Mint 7 patch its a thicker card that's tough to keep in good shape
    They tend to also come out damaged out of the packaging as well so I'm happy with these grades

These 2005 Leaf Century Material cards are a pain to locate in good condition. I'm ok with what this first batch came back as

Will be scanning some PSA stuff for later once I catch up. Was sick for 6 weeks with a nasty case of the flu
    Just recovering strength recently. Being diabetic didn't help matters

Jeff

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First batch of Septmeber PSA slabs. These were the 'good" from the batch= had some ugly returns I wont scan
    Better graded slabs to follow when I catch up = alternating between BGS / PSA entries, eBay listing and other stuff
    I'll be doing some writing later as well for my Red Sox post as well

First a bunch of Mo Vaughn slabs from the Red Sox PC
    Slabbing anything remotely near mint condition balance is being given away to my team collector guys
    Hopefully no one is afraid of the " 666" Mo !!

From the box breaks I did earlier this year sent in a bunch these are the worst of that group
    The Black labels are notoriously difficult to gem- peeling is an issue as is surface
    The Mac has an issue I didn't notice when I sent it on surface ( manufacturer related)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A BUNCH FROM MY BREAKS EARLIER IN THE YEAR

And of course an obligatory [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION] Juan Gone card

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more back in November all from prior box breaks earlier in the year over in the box break section
    Will start up again once I get caught up with all I'm workig on been sick--and busy when I'm well

Some folks will remember the Seaver from the Elite box. Have to send it back to PSA - again
    Case came back scratched sadly.

The Jeter Ultimate dual is # 16/25. Thick patch cards are nearly impossible to gem
    Quite happy to get Mint on both of them. Soft upper right corner on Seaver prevented the Gem.
    Came out of the pack that way from manufacturer so not much you can do.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bunch more for my Clemens registry including two newly added 1/1 items to the PC
    I'll be scanning some more PSA items soon .

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And 3 months later I finally update the PSA slabs--geesh I hadn't realized it had been that long time has just flown by these last 3 months . My apology to people who PM or emailed sorry folks last 2 months have been a blur.

My wife has once again been hospitalized almost 9 years to the day she last went in so things are hectic. Been spending all my free time handling medical stuff and finally able to calm down enough to start scanning as I have to sell stuff on eBay to pay her medical bills. I'll get back to posting regular once things settle down later this month ( she has her next surgery March 14th so should settle down after that) and will restart the Red Sox post I had also as that's been a fun trip for me down memory lane

PSA 8 is the norm for stuff folks most card producers are very poor in their jersey / bat type pieces production so a NrMt 8 is normal. I am not disappointed in the 8's I expect that as the normal. A Mint 9 is a blessing and the rare Gem 10 is considered a major hit.

The Vlad is numbered to 100. Been slabbing Vlad's since his HOF induction for PSA registry master set collectors

Added the POG and the Brilliants Blue to the other 3 below that I already had in house. Helton's being slabbed first then my other Rockies. Helton just happens to be start. I also have to slab Arenado's and Walkers as well as the Big Cat.

Already had these Helton's in house

I'll post more as I get the time
    Jeff

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More slabs forgive the snow on the Vlad scanner pics up all lint. Most of whats back lately is Hall of Famers
    or future possibles or set registry stuff very few personal slabs mostly resale stuff

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two more recent slabs - 1 a football Hall Of Famer possibility the other a recent baseball HOF . Re-posting the Gonzalez as I re-scanned them in with better quality for [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION]

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more slabs catching up. Saving the big dogs for later the majority scanning now are registry stuff
    or for resale on feebay. The McGwire Lords Of the Diamond has a dimple on it by the 2nd triangle very top right hand side-its very hard to see on scans but easy in person. The dimple was the only thing that prevented it getting gem
    The Finest I just forgot to wipe surfaces on them- not an issue I have tons more
    Anyone who slabs Pacific knows how difficult gems are so happy on that one

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    way cool, how do you store all those?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast