Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recent slab pickups / grading

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    way cool, how do you store all those?
    To answer that question- 3 storage units in 2 different states plus 2 safety deposit boxes in 2 different states
    I'm still spread between MA and NV despite 10 years in Vegas
    A lot of slabs I'm currently showing wind up on eBay and many will eventually head there when I see the market move that way. Many wind up scanned and sent to my sealed storage area outside Vegas I keep very little in my apartment generally just eBay sales. I have a bunch of Harbor Freight carry cases customized to carry 150+ PSA slabs or 100 BGS slabs

I've carried this Lindros promo around so long finally slabbed it surprised it stayed mint
    The Helton is for the PSA registry as is the Vlad but the Griffey and Lindros are eBay fodder

The big dog scans will be forthcoming in a bit still have a bunch of scans to renew/catch up

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wow.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continuing the Hall of Famer tilt below are the Randy Johnson and Frank Thomas slabs. A little irritated at the Johnson as its put in backwards--normally the info is on the right more than likely its headed back with another one they put in backwards. They also mislabeled a Carlos Beltran card as Roy Oswalt and that's going back as well. The Nomo was the Gold version # to 25 = a throw in slab I'm sure @madbull34 would appreciate

Big dog slabs will be upcoming almost there scan wise just have to get some eBay stuff ready for listing first

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv96masters View Post
    Continuing the Hall of Famer tilt below are the Randy Johnson and Frank Thomas slabs. A little irritated at the Johnson as its put in backwards--normally the info is on the right more than likely its headed back with another one they put in backwards. They also mislabeled a Carlos Beltran card as Roy Oswalt and that's going back as well. The Nomo was the Gold version # to 25 = a throw in slab I'm sure @madbull34 would appreciate

Big dog slabs will be upcoming almost there scan wise just have to get some eBay stuff ready for listing first

That Nomo's a stunner!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madbull34 View Post
    That Nomo's a stunner!
    Yeah I figured you'd like that one @madbull34

Waited 5 months almost for these to pop ( 108 business days) but finally protected and definitely heading to the bank safety deposit box Monday when it opens. As I've shown prior slabbing all my HOF players - modern first vintage later down the line Its tough when one has to commute 100 miles to ones storage facility to get stuff out ( live in Vegas storage units in Utah)

The Red Sox foursome I have shown this one before- has 3 current HOF and if he can keep his mouth shut 10 minutes Schilling will make it in. Its unlikely most people will gem these foil cards- its just that difficult to keep them in great shape

The Orioles foursome was more difficult to get- with just 25 produced took a Ripken guy selling for me to find one
    All 4 being Hall of Famers fits in with my HOF theme

The Awesome 8 shortstops card is loaded with HOF players but is perplexing- why Tejada got put in makes no sense at all if they wanted a current player who might make the HOF then Omar Vizquel at the time would have made more sense. Then again never sure why card companies do what they do. The fact its Jeters uniform # was coincidental.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv96masters View Post
    Yeah I figured you'd like that one @madbull34

Waited 5 months almost for these to pop ( 108 business days) but finally protected and definitely heading to the bank safety deposit box Monday when it opens. As I've shown prior slabbing all my HOF players - modern first vintage later down the line Its tough when one has to commute 100 miles to ones storage facility to get stuff out ( live in Vegas storage units in Utah)

The Red Sox foursome I have shown this one before- has 3 current HOF and if he can keep his mouth shut 10 minutes Schilling will make it in. Its unlikely most people will gem these foil cards- its just that difficult to keep them in great shape

The Orioles foursome was more difficult to get- with just 25 produced took a Ripken guy selling for me to find one
    All 4 being Hall of Famers fits in with my HOF theme

The Awesome 8 shortstops card is loaded with HOF players but is perplexing- why Tejada got put in makes no sense at all if they wanted a current player who might make the HOF then Omar Vizquel at the time would have made more sense. Then again never sure why card companies do what they do. The fact its Jeters uniform # was coincidental.

Even more perplexing to me than Tejada is why they put Ozzie in a Padres jersey.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some resale back from PSA -slow going on scans as I try and make sense of stuff afte rmy move and a system not cooperating
    Bills now under control-stress was unbelievable for 2 months. More focused and controlled now.
    Will scan more as I can

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MORE SLABS RECENTLY IN

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last of the scans for today. These Prominence are thick items- tough to gem so happy with the grades

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be posting some recent slabs as I catch up on various projects.

Many of you will recognize the Finest Biggio and Finest Arod from prior breaks in my Box a Week Break thread
    The Rolen UD Textbook double is from @Allincards 1990's break he ran a while ago.

These Gold labels are from last year ( 2018) same Box a Week thread that I'm just getting around to subbing
    I consider TGL regular gold label cards "fillers" unless they are Black or Red labels

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Big Mac recently back from the same sub. Still have various years Finest & BC to sub of Mac from the 90's load.
    I came across the 87 Green Backs unloading after moving recently
    Couldn't believe I'd been still carrying around the set all this time so I cracked it open. First to sub is these Mac's
    The checklist is just 1 of 12 in Gem. His regular issue is usually found OC. Mine is slightly off L-R but otherwise- I'm happy
    May have to look at the rest of the items.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those yellow border classics are pretty tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    Those yellow border classics are pretty tough.
    Yes Chris @cgilmo - that Green back series is a bear to Gem. Was Happy with that one.

More slabs back- these from a sub just back Weds this week. I've apparently perfected mint cards
    Now if I could get new glasses ( new prescription maybe?) maybe I can start gemming again lol

Anyways the first few pics. Will be a slow slog as most are going on feebay

Rookie CC and Rookie Hideki. The Prestige is actually nice-- that series is EXTREMELY tough to Gem
    Poor production on it- you'd have to have busted lots of boxes to understand why. Tightly wrapped packs.

Poor corners did these in can see that now. Came from recent box bust down in my Box Break thread- oh well

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More slabs again. The Bagwells are part of a run of stuff being slabbed. Our fellow FCB member @timtom would know about it
    Three of the Bagwells stay the base Finest hits feebay tonite
    The Prestige I'm very happy with-- that set is a bear to gem so 9 is fine for now

Finest Refractors I always keep until I upgrade them
    Rolen is part of another project being worked on sorry folks have about 15 projects I'm handling
    Anyone grading Pacific cards knows 9's are perfectly acceptable. PSA 10 are rare on some.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK last of the batches that came in recently. The Vlad was the one and only Gem that came in.

All of them ( except Helton) came from boxes busted on the Box Break thread
    The Helton Jsy was not on the grading order- was a project purchase
    Folks just don't realize Mint 9 is not a putdown item on a jersey card-- its above average
    Near Mint is the norm on jersey pieces-- Mint 9 and Gem 10 are unusual

Again @timtom can testify the 2002 Playoff POG items are tough to get in good condition
    Easy to find- hard to find in great condition. These came out of the Box Breaks again-- pack fresh
    Not thrilled that @PSA doesn't bother differentiation on the jersey pieces aparrently everything is the same designation
    Which goes smack in the face of the series which has jersey year, jersey base, jersey number etc etc etc
    Kevin @Pinbreaker and a few others will appreciate the Edgar

I expected the 8 on the Henderson although its mislabeled.
    Happy on the 2002 POG items. Just hard to gem that series- Mint 9 is fine

Oh well

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast