Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Recent slab pickups / grading

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    way cool, how do you store all those?
    To answer that question- 3 storage units in 2 different states plus 2 safety deposit boxes in 2 different states
    I'm still spread between MA and NV despite 10 years in Vegas
    A lot of slabs I'm currently showing wind up on eBay and many will eventually head there when I see the market move that way. Many wind up scanned and sent to my sealed storage area outside Vegas I keep very little in my apartment generally just eBay sales. I have a bunch of Harbor Freight carry cases customized to carry 150+ PSA slabs or 100 BGS slabs

I've carried this Lindros promo around so long finally slabbed it surprised it stayed mint
    The Helton is for the PSA registry as is the Vlad but the Griffey and Lindros are eBay fodder

The big dog scans will be forthcoming in a bit still have a bunch of scans to renew/catch up

joey12524
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wow.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continuing the Hall of Famer tilt below are the Randy Johnson and Frank Thomas slabs. A little irritated at the Johnson as its put in backwards--normally the info is on the right more than likely its headed back with another one they put in backwards. They also mislabeled a Carlos Beltran card as Roy Oswalt and that's going back as well. The Nomo was the Gold version # to 25 = a throw in slab I'm sure @madbull34 would appreciate

Big dog slabs will be upcoming almost there scan wise just have to get some eBay stuff ready for listing first

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv96masters View Post
    Continuing the Hall of Famer tilt below are the Randy Johnson and Frank Thomas slabs. A little irritated at the Johnson as its put in backwards--normally the info is on the right more than likely its headed back with another one they put in backwards. They also mislabeled a Carlos Beltran card as Roy Oswalt and that's going back as well. The Nomo was the Gold version # to 25 = a throw in slab I'm sure @madbull34 would appreciate

Big dog slabs will be upcoming almost there scan wise just have to get some eBay stuff ready for listing first

That Nomo's a stunner!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madbull34 View Post
    That Nomo's a stunner!
    Yeah I figured you'd like that one @madbull34

Waited 5 months almost for these to pop ( 108 business days) but finally protected and definitely heading to the bank safety deposit box Monday when it opens. As I've shown prior slabbing all my HOF players - modern first vintage later down the line Its tough when one has to commute 100 miles to ones storage facility to get stuff out ( live in Vegas storage units in Utah)

The Red Sox foursome I have shown this one before- has 3 current HOF and if he can keep his mouth shut 10 minutes Schilling will make it in. Its unlikely most people will gem these foil cards- its just that difficult to keep them in great shape

The Orioles foursome was more difficult to get- with just 25 produced took a Ripken guy selling for me to find one
    All 4 being Hall of Famers fits in with my HOF theme

The Awesome 8 shortstops card is loaded with HOF players but is perplexing- why Tejada got put in makes no sense at all if they wanted a current player who might make the HOF then Omar Vizquel at the time would have made more sense. Then again never sure why card companies do what they do. The fact its Jeters uniform # was coincidental.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv96masters View Post
    Yeah I figured you'd like that one @madbull34

Waited 5 months almost for these to pop ( 108 business days) but finally protected and definitely heading to the bank safety deposit box Monday when it opens. As I've shown prior slabbing all my HOF players - modern first vintage later down the line Its tough when one has to commute 100 miles to ones storage facility to get stuff out ( live in Vegas storage units in Utah)

The Red Sox foursome I have shown this one before- has 3 current HOF and if he can keep his mouth shut 10 minutes Schilling will make it in. Its unlikely most people will gem these foil cards- its just that difficult to keep them in great shape

The Orioles foursome was more difficult to get- with just 25 produced took a Ripken guy selling for me to find one
    All 4 being Hall of Famers fits in with my HOF theme

The Awesome 8 shortstops card is loaded with HOF players but is perplexing- why Tejada got put in makes no sense at all if they wanted a current player who might make the HOF then Omar Vizquel at the time would have made more sense. Then again never sure why card companies do what they do. The fact its Jeters uniform # was coincidental.

Even more perplexing to me than Tejada is why they put Ozzie in a Padres jersey.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234