Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs back and scanned. The 2002 Playoff POG base card and the 2007 Finest came from box breaks in 2019
The others been sitting on a long time and decided to just send in and get rid of one pile more

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch of Clemens back for my registry. Annoyingly had multiple copies of the 2006 Topps Co-Signers get mislabeled
Proving that even the pros have occasional issues identifying this series. I'll just send back for slab corrections :)

Finishing up my 2002 Leaf Rookies and Stars just need a Gold Sample and 1 other Longevity item slabbed
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More Clemens recently back including one of the correctly identified Silver Bronzes. More to follow on PSA slabs as stuff is just rushing back in from specials way back in April/May/June
Took full advantage of that price discount back then.
On the National Treasures I made an exception post career cards. This ones a variation - had to get re-labeled correctly and explain what the variation was so BGS would have it saved

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So more back from PSA as the ones I sent during the special pricing 5 months ago are all popping now in late Oct early Nov which makes me happy
Just in time for XMAS sales :) Anyways I scanned the Mattingly Achievements and realized the scan sucked so took a picture of it instead
Somehow still got a reflection- sigh- not doing it again- too time consuming.

The Mattingly Prestige is a Pop 4 with just 2 higher
The Mattingly Embossed Gem is a Pop 6
The Bagwells aparently no one sends in the Base is a Pop 1 none higher the Golden Idols a Pop 1 just 1 higher
More to follow of course have to scan, update, scan, list etc etc etc

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more scanned. The Maddux Gem has Pop of just 8 the Golden Idols has just 1 graded higher
Thomas is Pop1 just 3 higher. The GRiffey is just a bear they always come out of packs with corner issues
All the items in that series seem to have it due to poor packaging. Almost 90% are PSA 8 just 1 PSA 9 and 2 PSA 10 Gems

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs scanned. Another of the 2004 Prestige Achievements and like before scanners hate shiney surfaces so I had to use teh phone pic again
Love the Mantle UD Heroes subset always a favorite of mine. Can't seem to bring that Mantle into focus will have to do
,'

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More for my 1997 Finest subsets and a Bonds I just love as it reminds me how great Pacific inserts were mid 90s thru 2001
I'll take Mint 9 and above all year long and twice on Sundays on Pacific items

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More Bagwells that were sent in these from 1999 Finest. The first couple were my own PC items later ones I had help I'll acknowledge
Just need a 108 Gold Refractor at a 'reasonable" price not the eBay insanity I see :(

The Teks are notorious difficult to gem due to being prone to surface issues I usually net 9's due to not looking closely
The Beltre though I did look close before sending and somehow missed a "minor" surface flaw. As in took me 2 full minutes to locate it
Sometimes what they can see under magnification is missed by those of us old schoolers who refuse to use "binoculars" to look
Its one of the cleanest I've come across and probably have opened 30-40 boxes the last 5 years of this stuff
Pleased with all 4 anyways most are Pop 1 or Pop 2 items with none higher anyways :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
If you care for a challenge try gemming 1997 Topps Chrome Football cards. There are a total of 6302 cards that have been sent in . Of these a whopping 4596 cards ( 72.9%) got the Min 9 grade and just 945 cards (15%) gem. The rest of the roughly 12% were 8 or even lower . Just a bear of a series. As was 1997 Topps Chrome baseball. Off center, poor corners, surface issues, and some of the industry's worst packaging and sealing seen- everything you don't want to see if your a bulk slabber.
But the series is beautiful and if you get a refractor some of these cards like the Magicians pop :eek:

But I figure what the hey let's see what I can do. I luck on 2 boxes cheaply, pop a pack open and realize God's blessed me with a rare centered box. Break it publicly and set aside the cards. Come across them when they ran those $7.50 price specials so I sent 10 or so in.

First group of 5 is back. To say I'm estatic is an understatment. I may have sworn a little ( colorful expletives insert on your own) in happiness o:)

Seau - Pop 2 with none higher
Sanders - Pop 2
McNair - Pop 1
Mitchell - Pop 1
Hardy - Pop 1

Fisk was PC item didn't look it up

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More Bagwells back from the 1999 Finest sub I did. Still need to locate a suitable #230 refractor
The Gold #230 is care of Daniel [MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION] he's not giving his PSA 10 version up so I'll settle for the PSA 9 for my Finest set
Much thanks to him for helping me knock off a bunch of these Finest Bagwells !!

The dual Biggio/Bagwell refractor / non refractor variations are back nice to see they gemmed 1st go around.
More to follow as I catch up on scans

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More Bagwells from that same batch of 1999 Finest that went in. Have lots more in process as I finally tackle my Finest sets
Again thanks to Daniel [MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION] for assisting !! I also have Bagwellls Prominent Figures PF19 as well somewhere think its in for reslabbing
If your a set collector folks no way you'll succeed cheaply without player collector help. This much I know :)

I do have spares now of the Team Finest stuff as I was prepared for multiple tries however try 1 suceeded = sheer dumb luck !
If anyone has refractor versions see me. I'll have to save up for a Gold refractor Bagwell though

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch of 1998 Finest from the box break this year are back from that special also
Jeters a gift to someone, the Gonzo and Rivera for ebay, and the Biggio for my sets glad it gemmed
Not sure why PSA changes stuff sometimes these Mystery items have number on front sometimes on back
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More new stuff back. The Skybox I broke over in the box break section a while back sent in the bets of the bunch on that special
Happy with the results will take PSA Mint 9 and above all day long :)
Pacific cards average PSA 8 near mint+ so happy with whats come back

Griffey is a Pop 1 with just 3 higher
Ripken Pop 1 with just 3 higher
Bonds Pop 2 with 4 higher
Burrell is a Pop 1
Piazza is a Pop 3

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More goodies back from the special. Happy with some positive results on my first foray into non-sports
A while back bought some boxes to help a friend doing a BGS set as he needed some holograms
Set these aside and figured I'd send in to PSA some good first subs back

The Bonds International is a Pop 3
The Helton a Pop 1 and part of a project
The Jeter Lineage a Pop 5 and his Finest Bronze with coating one of dozens
The Wolverine Berserk is a Pop 1 just 1 higher
The Wolverine First Defeat is a Pop 1
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
These slabs were part of the box breaks from last year. Proves pack fresh does not mean pack perfect
SPX is notrious for inconsistent surfaces- some the holo comes out great others less so
Not surprised the Colla and the Finest had some surface issues I knew about
Notice how Bonds laughed back then. Differs from future card issues.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I'll take PSA 9 on Pacific cards all day long and twice on Sundays. Again these are all part of a 300 card lot of stuff I toted around for years.
Happy with many grades and missed a whole bunch of obvious issues but rushed so not disappointed. Kept cards mint traveling the damn country
Tino was part of those great mid-90's Mariners teams. Wanted that one protected goes with the Griffey & Edgar previously slabbed.
The Donruss Limited Exposures are just plain tough to gem. Nomo I gemmed last one this one got the normal Mint 9
Think I need one or two more certified team self subbed items and I'll be complete on that subset. Green never shows well card is nice looking :)
Almost thru with the Mint 9 scans and will move on to the Gems soon

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs and the start of the Gems on the sub. The 1999 Topps Chrome is just unbelievably difficult to gem stuff
Busted cases of this stuff and subbed several hundred Topps did such a poor job on Chrome 1997-2000 not funny.
Happy on the Chavez has an uncorrectable surface flaw prevalent in Tek items. Pop 1 anyways so who cares its Mint still
That one alone was a box break rest had been sitting forever
Piazza was the only Gem SPX out of the ones I sent in happy with that also- Pop 6
Bonds and Thomas only have 3 Gems so people are well aware of the headaches on Topps Chrome items
Scanners really dont like silver or green surfaces so too a camera pic

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Very nice cards.
You might like this one https://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=1865

Considering the low pop on that card yes I most certainly do smart pickup ;)
Rare gem on a very, very tough series to do so on.

Earlier this week might have mentioned how incredibly difficult the 1997 Topps Chrome are to gem. "Bears" repeating
If you care for a challenge try gemming 1997 Topps Chrome Football cards. There are a total of 6302 cards that have been sent in . Of these a whopping 4596 cards ( 72.9%) got the Mint 9 grade and just 945 cards (15%) Gem Mint 10. The rest of the roughly 12% were Near Mt+ 8 or even lower

Also mentioned how beautiful the refractors were. Here's why below
All Pop 1 items as is the Patterson Platinum Prominence which I know a certain Vikings collector may like to add to his PC

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch of new slabs back many of which are Pop 1 Gems. A few are personal rest are resale
Rolens for a project I'm working on. Bonds had the best back centering I've seen yet on a Bonds in my own personal experiences
Good luck locating your own 1st day issue gem. That ones staying right here even though he's just a no name player to most.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Members online