0 Thread(s)
    Good looking cards.. Glad to see these coming back with decent grades

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    Good looking cards.. Glad to see these coming back with decent grades
    The last group in Weds was all 9's and one lone 10. Although a few mint 9 I was fine with based on teh series and stuff rest were feebay material.
    Was happy with the Classic Green Backs and the jerseys and a few odd & ends rest were just quick subs that didn't pan out--will sell at a loss if I have to

Now going to show some stuff I've been waiting to slab for a while- PC stuff
    Clemens registry finally being worked on after 3 years of not being worked on

Next one brings personal satisfaction to me as it completes the protection of 1 subseries
    Anyone who has worked on the Absolute series can attest to being happy to complete even 1 subset

2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Prime Pieces- Red Sox # 21

This subset has 3 pieces-- a dual # to 100 , a Triple Prime # to just 15, and a Quad Prime # to 5
    I don't expect to get the 1/1 nor do I care if I do - far as I'm concerned I completed the subseries I wanted

Below is the last piece to come in. Amazingly I had the Quad Prime # to 5 slabbed first before the other 2 - go figure !!
    Not surprised as back then I bought low # stuff first then filled in the blanks afterwards
    Afterwards in this case meant waiting 10+ years for the Triple # to 15 to show

Without further ado. I'm cool with the grade I only cared about protetcing the item from future damages

And his brothers the Dual and the Quad

This next 2005 Absolute sub series is also now complete in my mind

2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Swatch Prime Black # 175

There is a Single and a Double Prime Black-- both a 1/1 and not a concern to me
    I never worry about 1/1 if I can get one great if not no loss of sleep

So that leaves the other two-- The Triple and the Quad
    Both of which are numbered to just 5 apiece

I somehow acquired two of the Triple Prime pieces 8 years apart
    Just recently last year acquired the Quad Prime piece

So another one completed and protected now-- wihout further ado the Prime Black Swatch # 175 subseries

And his brothers already slabbed

OK this next series is the 2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade Swatch Prime Red # 175

There is a Double Prime Red 175 # to just 5
    There is a Triple Prime Red 175 # to just 10
    There is a Quad prime Red 175 # to just 10

I have yet to see any of them over the years- until last November
    After a 13 year wait-- up one finally pops.
    The Double Prime Red # to 5 popped up. I wiz thru my cards, wiz thru my registry- nope- don't seem to have it

As usual I seem to knock off the lowest # first and wait on the others for some reason
    And the condition-- just gravy
    Search continues for the two numbered to 10

More to follow folks while I catch up on scanning

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffv96masters; 07-05-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to slabbing this one after 3 years

Completes the 2004 Leaf Limited Button series for # 135 (Astros) / # 182 (Red Sox) / and # 190 (Yankees)
    Sheer dumb luck of being in right place and right time with the right group of friends
    Always eems these buttons came up right after I spent that months budget

Forever grateful to two posters who aren't around much - Roy [MENTION=2060]Roy Birchler[/MENTION] and Amy [MENTION=2997]aprimo[/MENTION]
    Without [MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] like usual the last one either
    All 3 helped me obtain the #1 versions-- what this hobbies all about far as I'm concerned

Last edited by jeffv96masters; 07-05-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever get a Tools of the Trade Button?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    Did you ever get a Tools of the Trade Button?
    Yes sir- but always up for a 2nd one

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add it to your pile..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple new Nomars back from BGS- should be getting more back soon as well as some Clemens

Got a Clemens panel back also but doesn't fit my scanner gotta wait til wifey wakes up and can send me the picture

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a Clemens panel back the size of a panel truck
    It's huge- they used the magazine slab -- can't say I like the slab size maybe cut it in half ??
    There has to be dozens of thin panels like this out there to justify the cost of producing one

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on Day 2 of my " 365 Days of Red Sox" posts made a few short comments on this next one. One of these days in the near future will need to dig up the background on that series. Just got this one back from grading. As you know they had multiple tiers / levels and your player might be in multiple winner groups. Clemens is in the C group and on the ABCD winner as well. I also believe he's on teh A error one as well.

Haven't sent in my C winner or A errors yet getting the big boy out first. Thought it could gem- missed some surface flaws
    Oh well Mint is fine

Checking into whether PSA will slab the various winner unopened packs- not sure yet

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally slabbed the " Ball" Hoggs version well after my autographed Boss Hoggs version

Goes with my auto Boss Hoggs version

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple more for the 2005 Prime Cuts slabbed.Anyone who does this series knows its never ending
    These are for the Yankees version Timelines # 10 subseries

The Material CY Home/Road Jersey # to just 25
    The Material Jersey Number # to just 10

I'll have to figure out how many of the Timelines T10 subseries I have
    Whole problem with that subset is everything is low numbered
    I mean EVERYTHING is a pain to locate still working on it 14 years later own a ton just have to slab them
    Still finding low # one spopping up on feebay I need as well

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was recently able to slab 3 others from the 2005 Prime Cuts Timelines Red Sox # T27subseries
    Trying to stay on top of the Prime Cuts slabbing as I really, really need to stop subbing / buying duplicates
    I have a bunch of the # to 50 items I haven't slabbed yet lower # take priority
    As stated prior these low numbered items n this series takes years to complete I am slabbing stuff I own but am
    still looking for a whole bunch of low # stuff that just doesnt come up often ( or at a fair price point)
    And while some people would be disappointed in that prime piece with just a small smidge of patch showing- I'm not
    To me I look for plain vanilla patches rather than the 'eye popper' type. More authentic the plainer it appears -least to me

I'll have to locate my recent other slabs that came back also- need to do inventory ( again) on what I still need

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added 2 more slabbed 2005 Prime Cuts #91 to the stable. Still slabbing the low # stuff first
    More to be scanned today as I make insurance people happy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally don't venture out of my PSA / BGS comfort zone but if I see something I like I will. Saw this SGC lot and snatched it up immediately
    Clemens going to BGS as well as a Garciaparra. Keeping 1 Garciaparra as is as I already own a PSA slabbed version

Last edited by jeffv96masters; 08-02-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scanning to make the insurance folks happy- more stuff going to storage in the morning.

If you know anything about Tek Golds you know foiling /surface flaws are the issues that prevents high grades
    No different on these 2. Did not realize it but the 8/10 one is a dupe-just saw I had 5/10 when I entered my registry
    Ah well,,,, maybe trade it later with another Clemens person

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast