User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Recent slab pickups / grading

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More recent slabs. [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION] would appreciate of course being a fellow 90's Finest Refractor guy
    The two others are for feeBay resale
    All were part of recent box breaks months ago
    The Arod is a Pop 3 teh Thomas a Pop 5

Last edited by jeffv96masters; 09-05-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More slabs back for Mr Boggs from the cards I carried around for 40+ years. Was surprised at the size of the slabs involved

The Fantastic Sams versions with tab are tricky aS they were produced off center PSA did a good job on that one. Pop 2 with 2 higher
    I have more so tested the waters on that one
    I actually wrote an ARTICLE ON FANTASTIC SAMS about them as I came across them going thru my PC stuff. If you have additional info see me please looking to always elarn more and have more back up. We didn't have one locally until the last 90's so I have very little info on that series distribution just some basic knowledge of where/why. Would love some magazine or hobby promotion backups.

The Jiffy Pop discs came of popcorn containers. Back had issues so didn't expect much. Pop 1 with 4 higher.Tabs were a little rough also
    Haven't had time to do my article on that series yet

The Holsum pleased me while its a Pop 8 lets just say people are careful what they sub when it comes to discs
    Haven't had time to do my article on that series yet

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little vintage Fisk for ya

Just got access to my storage first time in about 6 months. Rescanning for insurance
    Fun going thru the slabs . I'll post more in a little bit working on feebay projects sadly

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Coop rookie!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    Nice Coop rookie!
    That's exactly why I bought it of course Andy

Couple of new BGS slabs just back. Took 2 submissions to get the Garciaparra slabbed
    First it gets rejected then I return it reminding them ALL my stuff sees regular slabs or blue slab
    Finally got it fixed. The Chipper is part of a group of Chippers I'm slabbing for resale

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my buddy Keith [MENTION=2802]klute14[/MENTION] couple of Jim Rice rescanned a spart of my insurance project-- slabbed about 10-11 years ago or so

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one card back recently from the 2019 Panini Gold Label First Off The Line Box I broke a month or so ago
    Missed a minor surface flaw still in search of teh elusive Gem Mint 10 on a thick card

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK some recent slabs back going to show off the Wade Boggs stuff first.

The first two were testers. I knew going out the corners were showing a touch white. The retail Jewels is always poor condition. Its common with Pacific items. Its a result of poor packaging in many cases. Wanted to see how far they'd ding me so it would show me the limits . Grades were spot on and as expected. Can still resell them just cheaply is all. I have more will try and upgrade. Love how the colors pop on it To me there is NO such thing as "wasting" money it all gets eventually resold. Sat on stuff years and sold it for grading fees back. Never lost a nickel subbing anything as its always taught me lessons grading and financial wise.

The 1994 Fleer AS was the worst of the bunch so if that gets a 9 pretty sure one of my others will gem
    The 2007 Ultimate is as expected bought that years ago offline. NearMint 8 is normal on thicker cards so no sweat on that one

The Leather and Lumber I thought was good and had a chance at Mint glad it did Doubt there will be a 10 for a while. That series is poorly cut. Not sure on whether that ones gonna be PC or feebay. With 250 available sure someone may get a 10 just will be a while.

The Finest Milestones was the surprise thought it had a surface issue musta been lint glad it gemmed !!

I have a bunch more Boggs from 1988 Star but no more time today have to sleep again before work.

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably a really dumb question, but what does it cost you to grade per card?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    This is probably a really dumb question, but what does it cost you to grade per card?
    $8.25 is the normal bulk fee ($8 fee plus 25 cents declared value= covers insurance to/from) unless they run specials. These were part of the specials so $7.75 per card ($7.50 plus 25 cents). Cheapest I've sold anything the last year is $9.99 on feebay. I do a ton of offline stuff using direct PayPal invoicing so I save a lot of feebay fees and only pay the PayPal fees while being protected.

Part of bulks I run regularly. Always 1 card in a sub that will net me the to PSA postage I pay as welll ( last sub a Mariano covered that cost so net s&h to /from PSA netted to zero out of pocket expenses).

jeff

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More Boggs back from a recent sub. The 1998 Star series is plagued by poor centering, miscuts, and surface flaws. Some decent hits pop 1 or only pop items
    Some misses as well. Not bad considering they were trundled cross country 12 years ago and just thrown around in my storage

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More slabs back still catching up folks been bery bery busy Sent in abunch of my ETopps raw .
    No surprises the Mint 9 is normal the two Gems did make me happy

Sent these all in sealed. Not a bad start to the Etopps adventures

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more BGS slabs scanned

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv96masters View Post
    That's exactly why I bought it of course Andy

Couple of new BGS slabs just back. Took 2 submissions to get the Garciaparra slabbed
    First it gets rejected then I return it reminding them ALL my stuff sees regular slabs or blue slab
    Finally got it fixed. The Chipper is part of a group of Chippers I'm slabbing for resale

Did BGS tell you why the grader thought the Nomar Starting 9 was altered?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_hitter View Post
    Did BGS tell you why the grader thought the Nomar Starting 9 was altered?

Thanks.

Yep- its a shortie
    Whether it was factory cut or done by someone on purpose who knows but both PSA & BGS indicated size requirement issues so I slabbed it in an Auth/Altered label with BGS. Judging by the fact that many items from that era were poorly cut I'll never know which since I'm not the original owner. Resided in Nomar collector "exigussrex" collection prior to mine.

Sorry on late reply been super busy with work & grading club stuff just saw your post.

jeff
    Last edited by jeffv96masters; 10-09-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast