Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I do have tons more back I'll scan but also got these tickets back recently as well. As most know I PC Roger Clemens and was able to snag a few collectibles of some key games back in 2005 .

The first ticket was a particularly notable game in that Clemens threw 120+ pitches while dueling Mark Mulder in a 0-0 pitchers duel and eventually came out of the game which Mulder won in the 10th with a 10 inning complete game.

The 2nd game was on my birthday and Clemens ran into the buzz saw that was Chris Carpenter that year. Both games were tough losses. Clemens had his best ERA year that year with a 1.87 ERA . Overall I think 2 of the tougher pitched duels that year for him .

Box scores included for a little historical context

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A bunch more back and caught up scanning. Disappointed in the Jeter. The Price is just a re-slab.
Happy about the Pederson although the colors are not as expected hence the mint grade.
Otherwise the auto is nice and dark and the card is in great condition just the surface is a little light.

The 2014 Topps 1st Edition "supposedly" has 10 redemption sets. Sent these 3 in specifically because
I know a bunch of Bumgarner, Pierre, and Longoria collectors out there. Thought they'd appreciate.
The redemption sets looked like the pic below. I have more I'll sub down the line from this set.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some more of the ticket sub that came back. These would be of interest to [MENTION=4326]KINg[/MENTION]Nascar or [MENTION=5648]NASCAR360[/MENTION] or any Nascar fan.

If your ever able to attend an event folks on the racing circuit at the highest levels of NASCAR it is quite the experience to behold. There are various levels of seating at Daytona and the Skybox Suites (called something different now) are basically smack dab dead center and high up with comfy chairs in the middle of the start / finish line at Daytona :)

I'll post the tickets but I also do have the programs, race cheat sheets, and all the miscellaneous race day stuff as well .
Quite the experience folks and its something that every NASCAR fan should try and do once in their lives
Daytona week ( along with 4 or 5 other races) is just flat out nuts. It sthe "Super Bowl" atmosphere- except racing .
Loud noises , hot woman, fast cars. tons of food etc etc etc

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
As a few are aware been slabbing my 1990's Finest stars for 1990's set runs I am doing. Starting with my Bagwells before moving on wards to others. Got a few more Bagwells back of varying years for the set runs . No surprises except the Blue Team Finest- luckily my last sub got a PSA 10 Blue courtesy of [MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION]'s help :) so this one can go bye bye.

Since I gemmed a sparkle on this same sub will get rid of the extra Sparkle. The 2000 Finest dual with Biggio actually came from a recent box break so the rest I'll just put in my dupes piles. Saved some $$ there nailing it on first try. The Interleague was nice that will be sold as well since its not part of my set runs. The Pristine Bomb Squad refractor stays. The Mint 9 is great the norm is PSA 8 Nrmt on those.

More to follow got 3 orders back in end of Feb and March I am just catching up on. So more to follow on scans including some more ticket stuff

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK a post by Kyle reminded me of some golf cards I needed to scan . Really love golf cards due to the colors that their shirts usually have. The ladies shirts and skirts especially tend to pop with colors. What would have been nice is if Upper Deck took the time to actually locate pics of the golfers in the shirts shown instead of lazily producing it. Overall though all these series are interesting. The dual jersey / autos especially are nice.

All well known names with some major champions mixed in :)

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Starting on more Finest scans of the sets I started subbing. Mint 9 seems to be the norm despite all my cards being pack fresh no matter what year I broke the box. Gem 10 is hard to come by despite peoples belief its easy. I'll keep subbing and plugging away at the sets.

The Helton 1997 Finest Silver ( Uncommon) is a Pop 1 with just 1 Gem 10 out there
The Chipper 1997 Finest Gold ( Rare) is a Pop 2 with just 4 Gem 10 out there

The two 1998 Finest Canseco's are nice wish the refractor had done better but par for the course

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Continuing with the Finest scans are some box toppers from various sets with a few insert cards as well mixed in.

The 2003 Finest Abreau is a Pop 1 none higher
The 2003 Brazell Auto is also a Pop 1 (not sure why the Mets auto collectors never subbed)
The 2006 Bonds Refractor is a Pop 4 with just 1 Gem out there
The 2001 Griffey Refractor is a Pop 3 a surprisingly low pop for Junior

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Completing my backlog of Finest scans :)

The 1999 Finest HAA Frank Thomas Refractor is very popular and is a Pop 12
The 2001 Garciaparra is a PC item - Pop 1 currently

Be moving on to the 2000 Topps Chrome that came back

full

full

Last edited:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Completing my backlog of Finest scans :)

The 1999 Finest HAA Frank Thomas Refractor is very popular and is a Pop 12
The 2001 Garciaparra is a PC item - Pop 1 currently

Be moving on to the 2000 Topps Chrome that came back

attachment.php

attachment.php

How are you storing all your slabbed cards?

Are still getting cards back even with PSA shut down or you still have several to go through that you had already received awhile ago?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
3 storage units spread over 2 states is how I store them. Had 5 storage units spread over 3 states but last 10 years sold most of the CT storage stuff I had.
Since the shutdown I'm just catching up to stuff that came back end of February/ early March
Had planned a whole bunch of subs for spring training sadly the shutdown just killed those plans.
The ticket sub was one as I wanted the racing tickets back in time for Daytona ( sadly that sub popped March 12th =one month after the race)

FYI I am still working ( essential personnel) hence why its taking me so long to scan stuff.
Have to balance rest and cleaning with work and then when I have the time scanning my butt cheeks off.

We ever get back to the "new" normal at least I'll be OK to finally start listing when I start seeing people back a couple months at the minimum

One thing about 2000 Topps Chrome is they are horrible to scan unless they are refractors. This was the year Topps should have gone all out in production. Instead they got lazy for the 2000 release of Topps Chrome- one of the worst of the 2000's as far as I'm concerned. Totally turned me off to Topps Chrome baseball for years.

Cameras seem to bring out the front best so I'll show scans and then camera views 2nd. Will start off with some rookies and end with some veterans. My phones old sorry pics on phone aren't much better :(

The CC Sabathia is notoriously OC and prone to surface issues. Was pack fresh so whatever best one I have
Is a Pop 3 with just 3 higher out there

The Jayson Werth is a Pop 1 with just 1 higher and again was pack fresh

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Piazza is a Pop 1 just 1 higher
McGwire is a Pop 3 just 2 higher. Notoriously OC as well

And folks if you have a spare 2 hours- watch the 500 and 501 hr game
I thought the 500th hr was long- his 2nd shot of the game was unreal.
Worth watching if your coped up inside missing baseball season ( or basically just a Mac geek).
Little known fact is Tony Gwynn's chase for 3000- got hit # 2999 in this game :)

MAC 500 HR GAME
( for the lazy- 500 hr at the roughly 50 minute mark the hammered HR at 1 hr:52min)

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Finishing up the 2000 Topps Chrome run are the below goodies. One of the high points as a few did gem.
Camera pics again after the scanned copies. I did get a Gem 10 on the base of the Walker/Garciaparra but was mislabeled as a refractor so its going back to be fixed once PSA re-opens the office up.
The Indians Tribunal card is a favorite love the players on it.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A thick slab back and scanned from the 2001 Leaf Limited break and a bunch of Franks either re-slabbed or newly slabbed
Still working on slabbing all those Finest sets will be for at least 2-3 years :)

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More from the end of the prior sub catch up. This was the final 9 cards in the sub I've been posting the last couple weeks
Normally I get tons of Mint 9 and a few 10 on Topps Tek stuff. This sub was different- actually reversed it and got 7 Gem Mint 10's and 2 Mint 9's
Last one of 10 apparently didn't measure up somehow despite all the cards coming from the same pack fresh source.

The two Piazza Tek #15A below were the only Mint 9-- which if you do Tek you'll learn is hard enough
The Beltre Gems make me happy especially the Tek Phenoms - I'm responsible for most of the Mint 9's in the pop report :(

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The second half of the Tek scans. Guerrero is for a project , Boggs and Piazza for resale. Jeter also resale once I get the slab fixed
They failed to notice obvious slab "issue" ( front of slab by his foot the white squiggly wave- part of slab itself)
Will handle thru customer service as always.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
The second half of the Tek scans. Guerrero is for a project , Boggs and Piazza for resale. Jeter also resale once I get the slab fixed
They failed to notice obvious slab "issue" ( front of slab by his foot the white squiggly wave- part of slab itself)
Will handle thru customer service as always.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So where you attaching all these images or linking them from your album?

Members online