User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Recent slab pickups / grading

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK more Clemens slabs scanned. The Fleer 2004 Legacy are notoriously poorly cut- Nrmt 7 is normal the occasional 8 or higher unusual
    The Clemens/Johnson dual [MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] helped me with 3 years ago and held on to and is my first 2004 add on in nearly 5 years for the 2004 Ultimate series. It's just a really, really tough series if your a player collector to complete. Down to just 5 total cards left to complete my player set of Clemens. One is a quad, the other a Houston Astros card with 6 signatures and a 3rd an Octo 1/1 item with 8 signatures. Most of the 2004 Ultimates are # 25 or less. The other 2 needs I won't name suffice to say they "should" eventually come up for sale one of these years. I'll consider the set complete if the last 2 come in

The 2005 Signings was disappointed thought that one had higher chances but saw the corners were weak upon its return
    The 2006 CoSigners if you do that set is a nuisance- slow but sure on that one. Anyone wants to go in with me on a few boxes let me know will buy some

The 2006 Epic blue I have more of couldn't believe I hadn't slabbed at least one of the Blue RC1 but finally looked at the series and realized I didnt so sent that one in. Not disappointed as I have more available.. The Nomar was one that slipped by me scan wise sorry. That series is tough to gem happy with that card

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice slabs.. keep them coming..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newest group of slabs back from PSA. These came from one of the packs inside the 2001 SP Game used I broke
    Not all can be subbed some are too damaged to send in.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another batch came back from PSA so here's the decent part ( all 9's). Some were for projects being work on others resale on feebay

The Heltons for a project as prior stated .Ortiz and Mariano from the recent breaks. A 9 on a Topps Chrome from 1997 or 98 is normal
    Those years are known for horrible centering and production issues. No biggie there they are feebay materials anyways
    Slow updates due to scanning/listing and other projects I'm juggling

Sorry on big pics have to do so as feebay likes them that way.

MORE TO FOLLOW AS I SCAN

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK more scanned slabs caught up. Red Sox Pedro 10's I keep = the 9's I turn over

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last couple of scans then I gotta sleep before work tonite
    Teks are amazingly easy IF you spend time looking at them to gem. That's IF you make the time
    I've perfected the "rush job" technique and Mint 9's are the punishment
    Don't get me wrong- I went 5 for 7 on this sub for Gem 10's on Tek- just missed easy flaws
    I'll show the gems when I get that far

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the last of the Mint 9 that came back. Took me a full 2 minutes of looking at Nomar to see where the issue was. For me that's an eternity
    Minor surface issue above the N and on the right edge near it prevented a Gem 10 . The Mac is the type of series where Gem 10 will be difficult
    Horrible cuts , rough edges and damaged corners out of sealed packages are common. These were sold on QVC back then and you can imagine
    the shipping issue sthey went thru. Happy with the Mint 9 trying to get the series in all Mint 9 /Gem 10 grades.

I'll be starting on scanning all my Gem Mint 10 that came back as well as the upcoming box break ( 2007 Finest master box)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More PSA scans from recent sub thats back. The Heltons I've said in the past is for a project I am working on. Although my favorite item didn't hit minimum
    so it was not slabbed sadly. I'll try again on it had a few spares. Since both my Vintage 61 slabbed gem I'll sell one.
    The Unleashed reminds me of a Wheaties box rip off. And the fact multiple Fleer Tradition cards gemmed was suprising they are notoriously
    poorly cut.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bagwells are part of another projects the Pedro for resale to Red Sox guys. Sorry about the flipped backs one is Topps the other Fleer. I don't agree with the Finest card ( overgraded in my opinion) I'll upgrade when I see another one that's better centered. The scanner really hurts that Chrome's appearance its actually quite beautiful in person and 98TC are hard to gem if you ever tried before. Same with the Brilliants Pedro its clean as a whistle the scanner picks up everything on all surfaces including its own scan top

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last group of slabs for a bit. I'm good at gemming 99Tek although Ioccasionally miss stray surface issues
    The Guerrero are part of a project = the Pizza and rest are resell fodder. I have a frequent Piazza buyer so I'll continue 90's subs of him.
    Same with McGwire and Thomas- plenty still to slab from storage and since its been profitable will continue
    The Jeters are part of a massive collection of 90's early 00's I've owned for years I'm slabbing / selling for next years induction.
    I actually showed his 2002 Bowman Chrome Reprint PSA 9 last week- this one came first in 1998

Emptying the apartment out of these slabs will need to visit storage tomorrow and clean up my place a bit
    Always like when I complete scans and can empty the apartment of the keepers while slotting the rest where I can get at them quickly in storage
    Love how the room looks once thats done !!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Jeters

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    Love the Jeters
    Yes those are my favorite as well. I wish I had a couple more of the Baby Boomers . Those refractors are just gorgeous when they're fresh and new. I'll try and locate the refractor version of the Baby Boomers and submit those😊

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newest batch that I subbed of cards that I had lugged crosso country 12 years ago is back from PSA and BGS. Bunch of Boggs I'll scan in a bit
    Right now scanning PSA then will get back to BGS slabs

The Johnson I own all the variations this one I found. Splitting hairs is all I'll say about the grade
    The Yaz dual has 2 print dots on the back preventing the 10

Macs I busted from a travel set and the Ryan is why PSA needs to develop an insert.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next few slabs were test runs to gauge how PSA grades certain stuff. I like learning what they look for and consider important. The Slurpee has edge issues I knew that going out. Tattoos while clean had some edge / corner issues . No biggie test runs I learned from I have a small amount of Boggs just back so I'll try and post more. They are part of those boxes I lugged cross country I'm going thru now

There are no Ichiro Descending on Beckett Marketplace, eBay, COMC, Amazon or elsewhere I saw as of this morning
    With 56 available I don't expect there to be many anyways. Happy with the Near Mint 8 now slabbed
    Edges are very rough on these Genuines.

And as someone who has busted plenty of 2002 Certified Mint 9 are fine they are DLP worst production issue of the entire decade.
    They scan like crap when B&W - not sure why they look great in person.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more scanned Boggs. The B-Best had a soft upper left corner and some diamond canting on reverse hurting it.
    The Classic Yellow is T-B off on back but thats splitting hairs on that one I've seen 10's like it

The King B is a Pop 2 with just 2 higher so pleased with that one
    The Juan Gone is just a re-slab was in an older holder so new lighthouse slab it is

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast