Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A little vintage Fisk for ya :)

Just got access to my storage first time in about 6 months. Rescanning for insurance
Fun going thru the slabs . I'll post more in a little bit working on feebay projects sadly

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Nice Coop rookie!
That's exactly why I bought it of course Andy :cool:

Couple of new BGS slabs just back. Took 2 submissions to get the Garciaparra slabbed
First it gets rejected then I return it reminding them ALL my stuff sees regular slabs or blue slab
Finally got it fixed. The Chipper is part of a group of Chippers I'm slabbing for resale

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
For my buddy Keith [MENTION=2802]klute14[/MENTION] couple of Jim Rice rescanned a spart of my insurance project-- slabbed about 10-11 years ago or so
attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Just one card back recently from the 2019 Panini Gold Label First Off The Line Box I broke a month or so ago
Missed a minor surface flaw still in search of teh elusive Gem Mint 10 on a thick card :(

attachment.php
attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK some recent slabs back going to show off the Wade Boggs stuff first.

The first two were testers. I knew going out the corners were showing a touch white. The retail Jewels is always poor condition. Its common with Pacific items. Its a result of poor packaging in many cases. Wanted to see how far they'd ding me so it would show me the limits . Grades were spot on and as expected. Can still resell them just cheaply is all. I have more will try and upgrade. Love how the colors pop on it :) To me there is NO such thing as "wasting" money it all gets eventually resold. Sat on stuff years and sold it for grading fees back. Never lost a nickel subbing anything as its always taught me lessons grading and financial wise.

The 1994 Fleer AS was the worst of the bunch so if that gets a 9 pretty sure one of my others will gem
The 2007 Ultimate is as expected bought that years ago offline. NearMint 8 is normal on thicker cards so no sweat on that one

The Leather and Lumber I thought was good and had a chance at Mint glad it did :) Doubt there will be a 10 for a while. That series is poorly cut. Not sure on whether that ones gonna be PC or feebay. With 250 available sure someone may get a 10 just will be a while.

The Finest Milestones was the surprise thought it had a surface issue musta been lint glad it gemmed !!

I have a bunch more Boggs from 1988 Star but no more time today have to sleep again before work.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
This is probably a really dumb question, but what does it cost you to grade per card?

$8.25 is the normal bulk fee ($8 fee plus 25 cents declared value= covers insurance to/from) unless they run specials. These were part of the specials so $7.75 per card ($7.50 plus 25 cents). Cheapest I've sold anything the last year is $9.99 on feebay. I do a ton of offline stuff using direct PayPal invoicing so I save a lot of feebay fees and only pay the PayPal fees while being protected.

Part of bulks I run regularly. Always 1 card in a sub that will net me the to PSA postage I pay as welll ( last sub a Mariano covered that cost so net s&h to /from PSA netted to zero out of pocket expenses).

jeff

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More Boggs back from a recent sub. The 1998 Star series is plagued by poor centering, miscuts, and surface flaws. Some decent hits pop 1 or only pop items
Some misses as well. Not bad considering they were trundled cross country 12 years ago and just thrown around in my storage

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs back still catching up folks been bery bery busy :) Sent in abunch of my ETopps raw .
No surprises the Mint 9 is normal the two Gems did make me happy :)

Sent these all in sealed. Not a bad start to the Etopps adventures
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
That's exactly why I bought it of course Andy :cool:

Couple of new BGS slabs just back. Took 2 submissions to get the Garciaparra slabbed
First it gets rejected then I return it reminding them ALL my stuff sees regular slabs or blue slab
Finally got it fixed. The Chipper is part of a group of Chippers I'm slabbing for resale

attachment.php

attachment.php

Did BGS tell you why the grader thought the Nomar Starting 9 was altered?

Thanks.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Did BGS tell you why the grader thought the Nomar Starting 9 was altered?

Thanks.

Yep- its a shortie :(
Whether it was factory cut or done by someone on purpose who knows but both PSA & BGS indicated size requirement issues so I slabbed it in an Auth/Altered label with BGS. Judging by the fact that many items from that era were poorly cut I'll never know which since I'm not the original owner. Resided in Nomar collector "exigussrex" collection prior to mine.

Sorry on late reply been super busy with work & grading club stuff just saw your post.

jeff

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More BGS slabs scanned. I have several PSA & BGS subs also to scan along with some storage catch up to do as well

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more 1997 Finest slabbed as I work on my various PSA sets . Thanks to Daniel [MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION] for the Bronze #10 refractor his looked better than my two did so I sent it in
The base card came from one of my box breaks thought it looked perfect and PSA thought so too :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More scans caught up. These were all tests. I've been carrying some in boxes for 20 years totting them to multiple homes. Finally decided to go thru and start giving away or slabbing. Jeters no exception.
I can honestly say I missed badly the reverse of the Certified #14 and the Zenith # 93 which had obvious dings I totally skimmed over. Ten seconds of checking and those 2 never would have left the house. My bad-- teaches me NOT to rush :(

Anyways - will give away the PSA 8's just send me your mailing address and $3.00 s&h if you want one ( or more) to cover shipping expense of mailing. No charge for the card itself . Anyways [email protected] as always is the Paypal address

The 9's and 10 are fine all were test runs. The promo I looked over 3x now since its back- finally located a "minor" issue using a 10x loupe--which I try NEVER using. I always eyeball it folks I have no time to play Inspector Clouseau with these graded items. It came from the box I busted over in the box section that one. Rest were part of that tote around group. Not bad considering what they've endured

Much, much, much more to follow.

The McGwire was part of that Crown Royale box bust. Nrmt 8 is normal that series is an absolute bear to get good grades. I'm actually building it in 9 and 10's. If you think it is easy- go try it. I'll place a bet you'll need lots of time and money to do it. If you can do it at all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The better half of the Jeters sent in are below had much better luck testing these out
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Couple more Bagwells thanks to Daniel once again on the set help with the Embossed refractor
I also have the base refractor x 3 but they all have issues so still look for a submittable one
Anyone has any of the base refractor #318 just advise I'd be interested in buying from you

The Base #318 is currently a Pop 3
The Base Refractor #318 still looking for a suitable copy
The Embossed #318 is a Pop 1 for some reason
The Embossed Refractor #318 is a Pop 4

No idea why no one grades these the sets very popular as is Bagwell

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More newbies scanned. The Pedro is a Pop 2 with NONE higher. The surface generally kills any high grades when peel is left on
Same deal on the Walker Pop 1 just 1 higher. Tough nuts to crack these 2. Love the light diffraction on the Walker :)
The Irod is another low pop card that corners and surface issues just bury grades wise happy with that 8

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Many may remember the 1999 Bowman Chrome series 2 break from about 4 months ago. Only 2 cards passed my initial desire to slab and are now back. Both are Pop 1's. The series is plagued by centering nightmares, dinged corners, and overall poor QC like any Topps/Bowman product. On the Greer an indent right below the R in Rusty prevented a 10 . Was hoping they'd skim over quickly- no luck of course too obvious even for beginners :(

Can easily be seen in the scan also ( that mark under the R is lint folks) . Still happy my only two cards are Pop 1 items now !!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Members online