Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch of new slabs back from PSA. Happy with the condition and grades these were from box breaks early 2019
Been too busy to post stuff so will be a large backlog to be shown soon. Bunch of low and high pop stuff mixed in.
While the base Bowman's Best are really trashy looking all the refractors and Atomic's dazzle.
Love the Vaughn Statistical Standouts those cards are enjoyable to look at.
Foiling and upper left corner on the Studio Hit Parade was weak looking hence the 9.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some other new PSA slabs back. Mateo is normal for that series they always have issues. Ditto the Gwynn an 8 is normal and fine .
Jeter thought I had enough for a 9 not sure what knocked it down centering is 9 specs.Hundley subbed as its a Jeter "Cameo" card
Noticed the issues after the fact oh well. More to follow just started scanning the last few weeks of subs back. Been listing on feebay
Made quite a bit last week and paid some medical bills off finally.

One complaint I do have is the person who put the Gwynn in must want to make a point.
Should be like the Mateo where the label shows to the right. They always change it- no consistency is the complaint.
Either keep them all label left or keep them all label right on horizontals. Not different ways according to slabber preference.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More from the recent subs back. I've subbed about 100 Teks this year and can tell you PSA will notice the smallest surface flaw. Mint 9 is incredibly common and Gem Mint 10 is unusual. Happy with the grades on the Teks all were as expected. Chipper are both Pop 1 none higher the Griffey is a Pop 2 none higher. BTW the Gwynn Firestone is a Pop 1 none higher I showed above. I just seemingly cannot gem the Mac Skybox Eticket. Tried 2 times = 0 for 2. Comes out of packages with issues just can't get one perfect = yet. Will keep trying its a challenge now :) It's a Pop 1 right now I intend on making it a Pop 2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
More from the recent subs back. I've subbed about 100 Teks this year and can tell you PSA will notice the smallest surface flaw. Mint 9 is incredibly common and Gem Mint 10 is unusual. Happy with the grades on the Teks all were as expected. Chipper are both Pop 1 none higher the Griffey is a Pop 2 none higher. BTW the Gwynn Firestone is a Pop 1 none higher I showed above. I just seemingly cannot gem the Mac Skybox Eticket. Tried 2 times = 0 for 2. Comes out of packages with issues just can't get one perfect = yet. Will keep trying its a challenge now :) It's a Pop 1 right now I intend on making it a Pop 2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I haven't submitted to PSA yet but I have setup my order. How do you ship yours in? Do you put little stickers on each card with the order number and position number on the sticker? I've seen it done a few ways but wanted to know how you did it.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Shaggy I just put all the cards in the exact order that they are on the sheet. I used to label it and it made no difference at all when I stop labeling.As long as it's in the exact order on the sheet it flows smoothly. I've never seen a delay. I have done it both ways .When I get my new label printer though I'll go back to the old way of labeling line number & Order number. I also answer their questions immediately if I miss stuff and follow all their guidelines making sure to use the proper card Savers Etc. I also have a special box I use when I submit subs. Found labeling the outside with the days of the order helps the most as well. For example 25 business and 85 business same box I label it 25 business lets some know a quick sub is there.

Good luck in your sub and I look forward to seeing your slabs 😄

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some new slabs back including a bunch of Pop 1. Teks as prior stated just so difficult to Gem
This one had an obvious issue on back happy to get the 9.
The Emmitt is a total surprise centering barely fits 45/55 limits and surface had some issues I just noticed when scanned
Not gonna downplay it the series is incredibly difficult just to find one worth a crap to sub so I'll take it :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Think I'm probably the only person in America who didn't spend a nickel over Black Friday weekend-- too busy working and scanning to buy anything.
And speaking of scanning more slabs. Whole bunch of low Pop stuff . A recent post by [MENTION=12627]LarkinCollector[/MENTION] made me remember my Golf slabs to scan
Been holding these forever finally subbed them during the special earlier came back a while ago just getting to scans.
Have others that Pacific History set wanted that card to be Sammys first subbed item :) Funny how they can turn on ya !!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Shaggy I just put all the cards in the exact order that they are on the sheet. I used to label it and it made no difference at all when I stop labeling.As long as it's in the exact order on the sheet it flows smoothly. I've never seen a delay. I have done it both ways .When I get my new label printer though I'll go back to the old way of labeling line number & Order number. I also answer their questions immediately if I miss stuff and follow all their guidelines making sure to use the proper card Savers Etc. I also have a special box I use when I submit subs. Found labeling the outside with the days of the order helps the most as well. For example 25 business and 85 business same box I label it 25 business lets some know a quick sub is there.

Good luck in your sub and I look forward to seeing your slabs ��

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Can you add 2 different orders into the same box, making sure the orders are separated enough to understand?

Also, do you feel you sell your cards at a much higher rate and faster when they are graded then you do when not graded?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Awesome! Thanks for the info. Can you add 2 different orders into the same box, making sure the orders are separated enough to understand? Also, do you feel you sell your cards at a much higher rate and faster when they are graded then you do when not graded?

Question 1 yes just make sure you LABEL the outer box with the fastest speed order. Label the inner orders also with times will speed up their entry. Make sure you use THICK marker to do it so they see it easiest.
Question 2 cannot properly answer. Many collectors like raw just as much as grading in fact so that's a matter of personal taste

These slabs were just re-slabbed in the new lighthouse slabs. Some were PC pickups for sets I'm working on others parts of lots picked up over the years
Downsizing so wanted the newest slabs on them so I can resell those that aren't staying.

The Juan Gone brings back memories of that loaded 90's team they had. Andruws for my Finest set would prefer non-coated but beggars can't be choosy.
It came cheap in a lot buy so I'll accept it til I can Gem my own non-covered copy. The Price I'm sitting on til that trade market for him heats up.
Then I'll roll it out. Boggs is just one of hundreds of Star Red Sox items I'm slabbing I've kept for 30 years.
Some series have lots of gems others its nearly impossible due to centering .I haven't subbed many from this series so not yet able to tell if this series is easy.
I do know on many of my others its just so hard to gem. The Boggs /Gwynn series for example many are off-center.

Many more to follow I sent in 30 to be re-slabbed in separate 10 card orders.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some Garciaparras back freshly renewed slabs. Many were in slabs nearly 10-15 years old they look much better now in newer slabs.
The Bagwell I've shown before I own a PSA 10 going to be selling this one down the road. Re-slabbed so its brand new for buyers so they don't have to.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Finally two new Bagwells both in the newest lighthouse slabs. The 1996 Finest Bronze #299 Bagwell is a Pop 1 looks great in the newer slab
I have a base #299 Bagwell in also I hope does well. Out of 156 1996 Finest Bagwell #299 base I found less than 5 acceptable copies.

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Scanning some backlog and figured I'd post this card. Incredibly difficult pull from 2003 Fleer Authentix these Standing Room Only cards just are plain difficult. The fact I found Clemens uniform number is just cake :)

First card I've added to my Clemens registry in at least 5 months been too busy on resale which is more important right now.

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More Teks back from slab protection and the usual Mint 9 with the occasional Gem :)
Gwynn has quite a following I've learned so I've been slabbing more lately of his.
The Beltre of course and Maddux just wanted protected as always

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
So you are selling most you slab? You have a ebay store you can share the link to?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So you are selling most you slab? You have a eBay store you can share the link to?

HERE IT IS
Hope that makes it easier for you. Just tab it brings you right to it.
Don't expect everything posted to go up immediately. Might take me weeks or even months to post an item.
Some may never see eBay

Down to the final 60 or so backlogged PSA until this newest sub pops and comes back this week
Some tough Tek PSA 10 . Any surface flaw at all kills them at PSA these Tek apparently had no issues
Based on the first 200 slabs gonna start pricing them appropriately based on the difficulty of Tek Gems.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK finishing up the last box from October the meat of the sub were these 4 cards and 1 re-slab.
Also pictured a re-slab going in that's not back yet. Scanner doesnt do Mahomes justice picked up too much lint
Jeter Orange also has lint its not damaged. The Mahomes and Beckham are from the Panini VIP Party the Jeters PC items slabbed I'm selling
The Thomas is in for reslab no way to scan properly comes in dark so I to took a pic with the phone

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some Mo Vaughns lying around from box breaks sent in on that $7.50 special back. A few mislabels being returned. A couple unusual damages seen = will keep on top of pre-slab scanning see if I see a pattern develop. The 1998 Finest bottom left corner minor ding otherwise was spotless. The 1997 Finest surface issue on reverse prevented gem. The 1998 UD MVP minor surface issue I did not seeing when it left. 1999 not sure how it could improve- corners maybe ??
Anyone know who the player is Vaughn is talking to ?? Cameo of who ??
The Fleer Tradition Vintage 61 series the Mint 9 is normal so I'll take it. Card was off center on front so hence the 9. Base Fleer Tradition is mislabeled going back for correction

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php