Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Just got 2 slabs from BGS back both PC items for my Clemens registry

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Are those bat pieces from the bat he threw at Mike Piazza?:wink:

Methinks not :cool:

To my knowledge no one at Donruss/DLP ,Topps , Leaf nor Panini won the auction of the BAT PIECE involved back in 2014 from Heritage.

I have zero clue where that bat piece is currently. I'm sure someone in the game used arena may know.
I only keep up with the cards.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
This next post is for John (jcpz) who asked me back in December the difficulty of die cuts grading gem
I pulled this example up for him today ( took me a month to locate where I put it in storage)

With nearly 100+ "corners" to look at during grading its highly difficult to Gem
PSA has a whopping ZERO Gem 10 for Pedro and this is still the only BGS 9.5 or higher example

I pack pulled it myself and when I subbed it went on a 10 day between two thick METAL plates
yes- I used lightweight aluminum cut outs inside a graded card bag sealed tightly

Was thrilled back when it came back a Gem have held on to it ever since

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
New slabs for the Clemens PC just back recently catching up scanning. This 2006 Topps Co-Signers series is a bear of a subset to finish
Doing 3-4 apiece each sub when I get to do PC items. Which I haven't done much lately. Been subbing resale .
These are horribly produced and BGS 8 is normal Anything above that makes me happy and a 9 is really good. Gem is extremely tough to get on these.
I have dupes of the 2C card luckily and will sub another copy later down the road
Will scan more slabs when I get time able to knock a little of everything out each day. Hoping to open some boxes soon too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The Pacific Holo Purple was an upgrade try as was the Mirror Red. Failed miserably on the Red :(
Already have it in Mint 9 ( see below it)

attachment.php

And my failure

attachment.php

Already owned this Mint 9

attachment.php

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Thought I'd already slabbed the Cert Skills Blue but turned out it was the Mirror Blue jsy so slabbed this one
The Green Xtra Points also thought I slabbed already apparently didn't. Already have the Purple both base and the 2 National versions slabbed
attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another upgrade attempt and a new one. Its only a half grade notch up but half grades a half grade
May keep the 8.5 as I like the uniform numbering ( his Sox number) although I tend to like upgrades also
Will sleep on it a while before I decide

This one I already own
attachment.php

This was the upgrade- not sure if I'll keep despite the higher grade

attachment.php

The Studio Proofs Gold thought I'd slabbed but was his Silver before ( see below)
attachment.php

And the new Gold version ( card # 27/50)

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some more BGS slabs for the Clemens registry. Nothing like re-using a photo across multiple card brands aye ?
The Press Proofs been around since the 90's and Career Sat line stuff since early 2000's. Used to like chasing each years variations.

The last one is what happens when you forget you already own something. Already own the # 5/5 in Gem 9.5 this ones # 2/5
Reminds me I have to locate the other one and rescan with this scanner the scans so old.
I hate owning dupes 1 copy is good enough for me will probably sell the BGS 8.5
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch of Classic 1990's cards back from re-slab as I downsize and sell. Figured the new slabs sell better than the old ones
A Juan Gonzalez rookie and the Classic Ripken UER card ( name mispelled Ripkin)
Plus the Ryan/Chipper/Mattingly 90 Classic Promo and Chipper Classic Rookie and a DonnIe Baseball 87 Classic Green Back :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Part of a year long projects finally seeing some completion. Sent in various Star stuff been hanging on to forever ( like 30+ years in some cases). Starting with my readily available Red Sox and will move down later to the hoop stuff ( all baseball and hoop come from sealed bags I toted around)

Finished the first 3 subs of the 1988 STAR BOGGS /GWYNN Hits R Us set. I always loved this set as I was always following hitters instead of sluggers back then. Comes from Teddy ballgame then Yaz dominating my formative years.

While I'm sure there's higher slabs out there did score some decent grades on my own stuff that I've been lugging around the world forever

I had to email Cosetta to get the set request in so I can start to upload some of my Star sets will link when I can

Anyways set # 1 completed will update the post when Set # 2 gets back from PSA
There were some dupes I'll decide when the time comes what I'll do with them

I am sure asture oberservers will note the different slabs styles despite mere months between subs
And an even more astute observer will note the various Hall of Famers and cameos seen in these photos

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Bunch of Classic 1990's cards back from re-slab as I downsize and sell. Figured the new slabs sell better than the old ones
A Juan Gonzalez rookie and the Classic Ripken UER card ( name mispelled Ripkin)
Plus the Ryan/Chipper/Mattingly 90 Classic Promo and Chipper Classic Rookie and a DonnIe Baseball 87 Classic Green Back :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So you resubmitted the PSA slabs to PSA and they put them in new ones? What's the cost of that? Also, have you ever taken a SGC slab, send it into PSA still slabbed in an SGC/BSG and have them regrade it?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Shaggy if you look in the group grading submission forum you'll find the info for re slabs it's $8.25 per item plus $0.25 to cover declared value so $8.50 total.

And the other question concerns. Crossover reviews which currently would cost you $20.25 because they don't have a crossover special running currently but yes I do run those as well.

Jeff

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More recent slabs scanned. From past experiences the Teks get Mint 9 regularly
This sub was no different with 9 cards subbed total got 2 Gems and 7 Mint 9 which is normal
Topps usual crap QC causes surface issues on Teks. You get a Gem 10 of your player keep it doesn't happen often

More to follow frankly I'll never be caught up scanning too many slabs backlogged from last years pricing special.

All these slabs I'll be showing from this sub were from the boxes I broke about 6 months ago. As will be the other slabs you'll see coming soon. The Walker is part of the Hall of Fame series stuff I send in ( all HOF players cards get subbed even overproduced base issues)

All 3 Tek cards are Pop 1 with none higher on the variety types
The Walker Finest is a Pop 2 with none higher

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The Griffey 5A is a Pop 1 just 1 higher
The Griffey 5B is a Pop 3 none higher
Both Frank Thomas are Pop 1 none higher for variety

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Shaggy if you look in the group grading submission forum you'll find the info for re slabs it's $8.25 per item plus $0.25 to cover declared value so $8.50 total.

And the other question concerns. Crossover reviews which currently would cost you $20.25 because they don't have a crossover special running currently but yes I do run those as well.

Jeff

Thanks

If you do a cross over, do you crack the card out or just submit the card with it still stabbed?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Ok the last few Teks finished scanning and they were the only 2 Gems on this sub.
Both are Pop 1 items for their variety / type and of course 1 is the obligatory [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION] submission ;)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Members online

Latest posts