Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
From various boxes of 1998 Bowman Chrome Series 2 came the below pickings just back. Think I've cracked 3 this year so far
Still have to go thru from those boxes wa sjust that these looked like first off candidates

The Guzman Golden Anniversary of course is that # 10/50 I box pulled just last box I thought had a good chance to Gem out- nope :(
Batted 100% on the others I choose 1st batch though so me happy !!

Both Guzmans as expected Pop 1
Ponson Gem is a Pop 1 refractor
The Clark Gem a Pop 6
The Johnson gem a Pop 9
The Mariano is a Pop 7

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs recently back. As prior stated sent in stuff been hanging on to. These were some Ichrio and Pujols I had been totting around
Its amazing now that they're back when I have time to look what I discover I miss when I rush :(

The Leaf R&S Ichiro is Pop 3 just 4 higher
The UD Diamond Collection Promo is a Pop 1 item

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Pujols again from that pile I had. His and Ichiros rookies are going much later on
The 2002 SPA has 36 Gems and 12 9's
The 2003 Bowmans Best has a Pop of 4 with just 7 gems
The 2003 Fleer Tradition Update Tale of teh Tape has a Pop 10 of gems

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These last 2 made the sub. The Griffey is a Pop 5 Gem and the Piazza a Pop 1
One of the finer Gems I've ever recieved on a game used item--- think its actually just the 15th Gem out of 1000's of game used I've done
Usually I nail the Mint 9's -- gem is like rare on this stuff. May keep it around for a bit while I figure out what to do with it.
Doubt anyone will gem another for a while my last game used item I got Gem 10 is still a Pop 1 over 9 years later
On the back thats a light diffraction issue on the back right side folks-- no issues on that card edge just how the scanner interprets the light patterns / reflections

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More from that same sub as the prior posts. And I don't put minimums on stuff I let fly what flies
This stuff been carried around 20+ yrs in many cases .
Slab, sell, move on to the next box= repeat, rinse, and enjoy myself the whole time is all I'm doing.

The Caminiti reminded me of the sadness I felt when his sudden death hit. This pic says it all. Loved playing the game :)
The Edgar reminds me of how underappreciated a hitter he always was playing. Pitchers feared Griffey but Edgar was what kept many shaking their heads
Couldn't get him out on the same pitch he'd adjust. " Professional hitter" is a lost art and he was one. Glad his HOF selection was made .
The Topps Embossed cards to be shown are all from box breaks in my box break posts.
And Jose ? Love, love love that photo-- one of the BEST Upper Deck photos ever produced in the 1990's. My opinion of course
Tons more to follow I have to scan

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More from that prior post,,,,,,,,,,,,, was happy with the Jeter
The Embossed are typical Topps poor QC

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next group of slabs back came from 2 boxes I cracked of 1992 Colla All-Stars. I have quite a few unopened boxes still to crack.
Saw the Mac numbering - that number :eek:

Sub turned out not too bad corners were really rough musta been the mojo on the trip !!

Ripken was only disappointment Pop 4 with 12 higher
Bonds Pop 6 ( two are mine) with just 2 Gems
Both the Ozzie and Mac are Pop 2 Gems
The Alomar is a Pop 1 not sure why

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Occasionally will get involved in a box break these slabs came from two
Snell was prior slabbed- wrong label - is now correctly labeled
Watson Prizm was part of a larger sub

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Keeping up with the cards back more from the Colla series and a Canseco Triple Play
Not sure why only 3 Canseco were sent in on both those items more guys than that collect him on the registry

The Molten Metals cards are both POP 1 items

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The Thomas Topps Stars are an absolute bear to gem. I keep getting 9's on them (Topps Stars that is) :(
Its a Pop 1 just 1 higher. The Arod is a lot easier of course has a Pop of 6 gems !! Nomo and Piazza are both Pop 1 Gem items

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Couple Ichiro and Manny Ramirez slabs back. Forgot that Pacific rookie card. He'd have made a horrible MLB shortstop thats for sure
The four of them are all POP 1 with none higher --don't ask me why on the Ichiro taht oen I have other staht will go up
His rookies & Pujols going in a lot later down my pipeline

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
As promised more from the 1997 Finest. A lot of low pop or Pop 1 items with eitehr just 1 higher or none higher
If your aware of 1997 Finest like 1996 they came in 3 levels
Base bronze ( common) Silver ( uncommon) and Gold ( rare) along with embossed and die cut versions on some
Glavine is a Pop 1 Silver . Right now slabbing the base items before refractors and die cuts

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

KennerKid

Oct 19, 2019
I use a guy on IG named Will. He's really pretty cheap, has a 15/30/45 day service.

Once I get mine back in November I'll post. Wish I had a scanner!

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Once I get mine back in November I'll post. Wish I had a scanner!

Looking forward to seeing your slabs :D

More Mo's back from slabbing. When I get Pacific items that grade this high they stay right here
Anyone who has opened Thunder boxes knows they come out of the packs with condition issues pack fresh or not
Scanner doesn't like Gold Team mirror surfaces = had to use the phone to capture that surface !! So mirror shiny can see me in the background
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More Boggs from the PC slabbed . The Star #1 I hit a Gem on another recent sub due back so good there on upgrading. The series is plagued with poor centering and corner issues. The Red Refractor has no gems and 7 nines so ok there too. The Pristine ITG jersey was nice I can not worry anymore about getting the spares done. The Colla's been slabbing for a while now from a bunch of unopened boxes I own. The DK and SPX are prone to surface and edge issues no surprise on those I carried them cross country and thru 3 moves.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Many here will remember Andrew @Allincards break of 1990's boxes a while ago. All these Nomars came from that break and are all PC items.As you can see Fleer was just as lazy as the Topps people in re-using photos as the Fleer Tradition and Fleer Vintage 61 show. Most are Pop1 or low pop items. FYI that Ozzie Colla I showed earlier? 3 minutes after listing on ebay got an offer and it was sold. Now if I could only do that with every item :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
About a month ago some may remember the Vlad Sr I got back included a 2000 Pacific Prism Holographic Gold
Well more of his stuff came back in spurts. More of the 2000 Pacific variations. Got tons more to send in.
And I didnt really feel old until I saw Vlad Seniors date of birth and realized his kid is in MLB. And realized I saw the old mans entire career
Stuffed my face with pizza to drown my old man sorrows - didn't feel old til I realized that little nugget.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

On another note got back a Bonds from the Colla box break and a loose Jeter from the traveling boxes.
And someone PM me on how many slabs I'm behind scanning. A lot is all I'll admit to.
Couple months worth of traveling back and forth to storage and back again and back again storage and home again and back to storage
I sent in a lot when they ran that $7.50 special . Need to make up lost time selling stuff and sending money/cards to people I like :)
attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A little while ago posted some of the progress on slabbing all the Finest cards starting with Bagwells and Biggios
More Bagwells from 1997 returned. Prior to this posted the 1997 bronze ( common) and the silver (uncommon)
Todays post is showing the Gold ( rare) versions. Sadly I don't own an embossed refractor of him (yet)
I also have the promo at grading and have to locate a suitable gold refractor as well
I also got back a few of the 1998's that were in the sub along with a while bunch of 1999 I have to scan
Note the disparity in clarity amongst the 1998 base refractors :confused:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Still scanning backlogged slabs in the quest to catch up now that its busy season. More Finest back from the last sub. Disappointed in the Ripken 2nd one in a row I missed on. Gotta look closer :( The Piazza,Jeter, and Thomas were from a 2018 box break in the box break section. Pretty sure all I need is that 25 Gold Refractor and Thomas is done. Well that and his Red & Gold Team Finest Refractors = but whose counting

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Finally getting around to BGS slabs scanning :) Some Nomars and Clemens recently back from BGS starting with Nomar first. First Class Auto was an ebay buy so not disappointed there as good as expected. Fleer Tradition is hard to gem so happy with that 9. Missed a simple surface issue on the E-X ( rushing always does that) will try again. Forgave myself as its on his leg in the uniform folds- looked natural on quick glance. Easily spotted once I spent a minute looking the card over. The BBest 9 was a puzzler until I realized T-B was slightly off
Overall happy on these 4 I have more will try again.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More new stuff back pleased with results although centering on the Year To Year was disappointing maybe later down the line try again
Bunch more to catch up on today.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I stepped away from the hobby between 1992 and 2007. Never seen most of these cards posted in this thread. I miss the days when Topps didn't have the exclusive license.

Members online

Latest posts