User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Recent slab pickups / grading

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So more back from PSA as the ones I sent during the special pricing 5 months ago are all popping now in late Oct early Nov which makes me happy
    Just in time for XMAS sales Anyways I scanned the Mattingly Achievements and realized the scan sucked so took a picture of it instead
    Somehow still got a reflection- sigh- not doing it again- too time consuming.

The Mattingly Prestige is a Pop 4 with just 2 higher
    The Mattingly Embossed Gem is a Pop 6
    The Bagwells aparently no one sends in the Base is a Pop 1 none higher the Golden Idols a Pop 1 just 1 higher
    More to follow of course have to scan, update, scan, list etc etc etc

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more scanned. The Maddux Gem has Pop of just 8 the Golden Idols has just 1 graded higher
    Thomas is Pop1 just 3 higher. The GRiffey is just a bear they always come out of packs with corner issues
    All the items in that series seem to have it due to poor packaging. Almost 90% are PSA 8 just 1 PSA 9 and 2 PSA 10 Gems

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More slabs scanned. Another of the 2004 Prestige Achievements and like before scanners hate shiney surfaces so I had to use teh phone pic again
    Love the Mantle UD Heroes subset always a favorite of mine. Can't seem to bring that Mantle into focus will have to do
    ,'

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More for my 1997 Finest subsets and a Bonds I just love as it reminds me how great Pacific inserts were mid 90s thru 2001
    I'll take Mint 9 and above all year long and twice on Sundays on Pacific items

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More Bagwells that were sent in these from 1999 Finest. The first couple were my own PC items later ones I had help I'll acknowledge
    Just need a 108 Gold Refractor at a 'reasonable" price not the eBay insanity I see

The Teks are notorious difficult to gem due to being prone to surface issues I usually net 9's due to not looking closely
    The Beltre though I did look close before sending and somehow missed a "minor" surface flaw. As in took me 2 full minutes to locate it
    Sometimes what they can see under magnification is missed by those of us old schoolers who refuse to use "binoculars" to look
    Its one of the cleanest I've come across and probably have opened 30-40 boxes the last 5 years of this stuff
    Pleased with all 4 anyways most are Pop 1 or Pop 2 items with none higher anyways

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you care for a challenge try gemming 1997 Topps Chrome Football cards. There are a total of 6302 cards that have been sent in . Of these a whopping 4596 cards ( 72.9%) got the Min 9 grade and just 945 cards (15%) gem. The rest of the roughly 12% were 8 or even lower . Just a bear of a series. As was 1997 Topps Chrome baseball. Off center, poor corners, surface issues, and some of the industry's worst packaging and sealing seen- everything you don't want to see if your a bulk slabber.
    But the series is beautiful and if you get a refractor some of these cards like the Magicians pop

But I figure what the hey let's see what I can do. I luck on 2 boxes cheaply, pop a pack open and realize God's blessed me with a rare centered box. Break it publicly and set aside the cards. Come across them when they ran those $7.50 price specials so I sent 10 or so in.

First group of 5 is back. To say I'm estatic is an understatment. I may have sworn a little ( colorful expletives insert on your own) in happiness o

Seau - Pop 2 with none higher
    Sanders - Pop 2
    McNair - Pop 1
    Mitchell - Pop 1
    Hardy - Pop 1

Fisk was PC item didn't look it up

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More Bagwells back from the 1999 Finest sub I did. Still need to locate a suitable #230 refractor
    The Gold #230 is care of Daniel [MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION] he's not giving his PSA 10 version up so I'll settle for the PSA 9 for my Finest set
    Much thanks to him for helping me knock off a bunch of these Finest Bagwells !!

The dual Biggio/Bagwell refractor / non refractor variations are back nice to see they gemmed 1st go around.
    More to follow as I catch up on scans

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More Bagwells from that same batch of 1999 Finest that went in. Have lots more in process as I finally tackle my Finest sets
    Again thanks to Daniel [MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION] for assisting !! I also have Bagwellls Prominent Figures PF19 as well somewhere think its in for reslabbing
    If your a set collector folks no way you'll succeed cheaply without player collector help. This much I know

I do have spares now of the Team Finest stuff as I was prepared for multiple tries however try 1 suceeded = sheer dumb luck !
    If anyone has refractor versions see me. I'll have to save up for a Gold refractor Bagwell though

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bunch of 1998 Finest from the box break this year are back from that special also
    Jeters a gift to someone, the Gonzo and Rivera for ebay, and the Biggio for my sets glad it gemmed
    Not sure why PSA changes stuff sometimes these Mystery items have number on front sometimes on back

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More new stuff back. The Skybox I broke over in the box break section a while back sent in the bets of the bunch on that special
    Happy with the results will take PSA Mint 9 and above all day long
    Pacific cards average PSA 8 near mint+ so happy with whats come back

Griffey is a Pop 1 with just 3 higher
    Ripken Pop 1 with just 3 higher
    Bonds Pop 2 with 4 higher
    Burrell is a Pop 1
    Piazza is a Pop 3

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More goodies back from the special. Happy with some positive results on my first foray into non-sports
    A while back bought some boxes to help a friend doing a BGS set as he needed some holograms
    Set these aside and figured I'd send in to PSA some good first subs back

The Bonds International is a Pop 3
    The Helton a Pop 1 and part of a project
    The Jeter Lineage a Pop 5 and his Finest Bronze with coating one of dozens
    The Wolverine Berserk is a Pop 1 just 1 higher
    The Wolverine First Defeat is a Pop 1

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These slabs were part of the box breaks from last year. Proves pack fresh does not mean pack perfect
    SPX is notrious for inconsistent surfaces- some the holo comes out great others less so
    Not surprised the Colla and the Finest had some surface issues I knew about
    Notice how Bonds laughed back then. Differs from future card issues.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take PSA 9 on Pacific cards all day long and twice on Sundays. Again these are all part of a 300 card lot of stuff I toted around for years.
    Happy with many grades and missed a whole bunch of obvious issues but rushed so not disappointed. Kept cards mint traveling the damn country
    Tino was part of those great mid-90's Mariners teams. Wanted that one protected goes with the Griffey & Edgar previously slabbed.
    The Donruss Limited Exposures are just plain tough to gem. Nomo I gemmed last one this one got the normal Mint 9
    Think I need one or two more certified team self subbed items and I'll be complete on that subset. Green never shows well card is nice looking
    Almost thru with the Mint 9 scans and will move on to the Gems soon

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More slabs and the start of the Gems on the sub. The 1999 Topps Chrome is just unbelievably difficult to gem stuff
    Busted cases of this stuff and subbed several hundred Topps did such a poor job on Chrome 1997-2000 not funny.
    Happy on the Chavez has an uncorrectable surface flaw prevalent in Tek items. Pop 1 anyways so who cares its Mint still
    That one alone was a box break rest had been sitting forever
    Piazza was the only Gem SPX out of the ones I sent in happy with that also- Pop 6
    Bonds and Thomas only have 3 Gems so people are well aware of the headaches on Topps Chrome items
    Scanners really dont like silver or green surfaces so too a camera pic

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice cards.
    You might like this one.

https://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=1865

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast