User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 184

Thread: Recent slab pickups / grading

  1. #166
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    Very nice cards.
    You might like this one https://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=1865
    Considering the low pop on that card yes I most certainly do smart pickup
    Rare gem on a very, very tough series to do so on.


    Earlier this week might have mentioned how incredibly difficult the 1997 Topps Chrome are to gem. "Bears" repeating
    If you care for a challenge try gemming 1997 Topps Chrome Football cards. There are a total of 6302 cards that have been sent in . Of these a whopping 4596 cards ( 72.9%) got the Mint 9 grade and just 945 cards (15%) Gem Mint 10. The rest of the roughly 12% were Near Mt+ 8 or even lower

    Also mentioned how beautiful the refractors were. Here's why below
    All Pop 1 items as is the Patterson Platinum Prominence which I know a certain Vikings collector may like to add to his PC








  2. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bunch of new slabs back many of which are Pop 1 Gems. A few are personal rest are resale
    Rolens for a project I'm working on. Bonds had the best back centering I've seen yet on a Bonds in my own personal experiences
    Good luck locating your own 1st day issue gem. That ones staying right here even though he's just a no name player to most.
    ,
    ,
    ,










  3. #168
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bunch of new slabs back from PSA. Happy with the condition and grades these were from box breaks early 2019
    Been too busy to post stuff so will be a large backlog to be shown soon. Bunch of low and high pop stuff mixed in.
    While the base Bowman's Best are really trashy looking all the refractors and Atomic's dazzle.
    Love the Vaughn Statistical Standouts those cards are enjoyable to look at.
    Foiling and upper left corner on the Studio Hit Parade was weak looking hence the 9.












  4. #169
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some other new PSA slabs back. Mateo is normal for that series they always have issues. Ditto the Gwynn an 8 is normal and fine .
    Jeter thought I had enough for a 9 not sure what knocked it down centering is 9 specs.Hundley subbed as its a Jeter "Cameo" card
    Noticed the issues after the fact oh well. More to follow just started scanning the last few weeks of subs back. Been listing on feebay
    Made quite a bit last week and paid some medical bills off finally.

    One complaint I do have is the person who put the Gwynn in must want to make a point.
    Should be like the Mateo where the label shows to the right. They always change it- no consistency is the complaint.
    Either keep them all label left or keep them all label right on horizontals. Not different ways according to slabber preference.
    ,
    ,







  5. #170
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More from the recent subs back. I've subbed about 100 Teks this year and can tell you PSA will notice the smallest surface flaw. Mint 9 is incredibly common and Gem Mint 10 is unusual. Happy with the grades on the Teks all were as expected. Chipper are both Pop 1 none higher the Griffey is a Pop 2 none higher. BTW the Gwynn Firestone is a Pop 1 none higher I showed above. I just seemingly cannot gem the Mac Skybox Eticket. Tried 2 times = 0 for 2. Comes out of packages with issues just can't get one perfect = yet. Will keep trying its a challenge now It's a Pop 1 right now I intend on making it a Pop 2.
    ,
    ,
    ,








  6. #171
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv96masters View Post
    More from the recent subs back. I've subbed about 100 Teks this year and can tell you PSA will notice the smallest surface flaw. Mint 9 is incredibly common and Gem Mint 10 is unusual. Happy with the grades on the Teks all were as expected. Chipper are both Pop 1 none higher the Griffey is a Pop 2 none higher. BTW the Gwynn Firestone is a Pop 1 none higher I showed above. I just seemingly cannot gem the Mac Skybox Eticket. Tried 2 times = 0 for 2. Comes out of packages with issues just can't get one perfect = yet. Will keep trying its a challenge now It's a Pop 1 right now I intend on making it a Pop 2.
    ,
    ,
    ,




    I haven't submitted to PSA yet but I have setup my order. How do you ship yours in? Do you put little stickers on each card with the order number and position number on the sticker? I've seen it done a few ways but wanted to know how you did it.

  7. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaggy I just put all the cards in the exact order that they are on the sheet. I used to label it and it made no difference at all when I stop labeling.As long as it's in the exact order on the sheet it flows smoothly. I've never seen a delay. I have done it both ways .When I get my new label printer though I'll go back to the old way of labeling line number & Order number. I also answer their questions immediately if I miss stuff and follow all their guidelines making sure to use the proper card Savers Etc. I also have a special box I use when I submit subs. Found labeling the outside with the days of the order helps the most as well. For example 25 business and 85 business same box I label it 25 business lets some know a quick sub is there.

    Good luck in your sub and I look forward to seeing your slabs 😄

  8. #173
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some new slabs back including a bunch of Pop 1. Teks as prior stated just so difficult to Gem
    This one had an obvious issue on back happy to get the 9.
    The Emmitt is a total surprise centering barely fits 45/55 limits and surface had some issues I just noticed when scanned
    Not gonna downplay it the series is incredibly difficult just to find one worth a crap to sub so I'll take it








  9. #174
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I'm probably the only person in America who didn't spend a nickel over Black Friday weekend-- too busy working and scanning to buy anything.
    And speaking of scanning more slabs. Whole bunch of low Pop stuff . A recent post by [MENTION=12627]LarkinCollector[/MENTION] made me remember my Golf slabs to scan
    Been holding these forever finally subbed them during the special earlier came back a while ago just getting to scans.
    Have others that Pacific History set wanted that card to be Sammys first subbed item Funny how they can turn on ya !!

    ,
    ,
    ,







  10. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)









  11. #176
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv96masters View Post
    Shaggy I just put all the cards in the exact order that they are on the sheet. I used to label it and it made no difference at all when I stop labeling.As long as it's in the exact order on the sheet it flows smoothly. I've never seen a delay. I have done it both ways .When I get my new label printer though I'll go back to the old way of labeling line number & Order number. I also answer their questions immediately if I miss stuff and follow all their guidelines making sure to use the proper card Savers Etc. I also have a special box I use when I submit subs. Found labeling the outside with the days of the order helps the most as well. For example 25 business and 85 business same box I label it 25 business lets some know a quick sub is there.

    Good luck in your sub and I look forward to seeing your slabs ��
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. Can you add 2 different orders into the same box, making sure the orders are separated enough to understand?

    Also, do you feel you sell your cards at a much higher rate and faster when they are graded then you do when not graded?

  12. #177
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. Can you add 2 different orders into the same box, making sure the orders are separated enough to understand? Also, do you feel you sell your cards at a much higher rate and faster when they are graded then you do when not graded?
    Question 1 yes just make sure you LABEL the outer box with the fastest speed order. Label the inner orders also with times will speed up their entry. Make sure you use THICK marker to do it so they see it easiest.
    Question 2 cannot properly answer. Many collectors like raw just as much as grading in fact so that's a matter of personal taste



    These slabs were just re-slabbed in the new lighthouse slabs. Some were PC pickups for sets I'm working on others parts of lots picked up over the years
    Downsizing so wanted the newest slabs on them so I can resell those that aren't staying.

    The Juan Gone brings back memories of that loaded 90's team they had. Andruws for my Finest set would prefer non-coated but beggars can't be choosy.
    It came cheap in a lot buy so I'll accept it til I can Gem my own non-covered copy. The Price I'm sitting on til that trade market for him heats up.
    Then I'll roll it out. Boggs is just one of hundreds of Star Red Sox items I'm slabbing I've kept for 30 years.
    Some series have lots of gems others its nearly impossible due to centering .I haven't subbed many from this series so not yet able to tell if this series is easy.
    I do know on many of my others its just so hard to gem. The Boggs /Gwynn series for example many are off-center.

    Many more to follow I sent in 30 to be re-slabbed in separate 10 card orders.








  13. #178
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Garciaparras back freshly renewed slabs. Many were in slabs nearly 10-15 years old they look much better now in newer slabs.
    The Bagwell I've shown before I own a PSA 10 going to be selling this one down the road. Re-slabbed so its brand new for buyers so they don't have to.










  14. #179
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally two new Bagwells both in the newest lighthouse slabs. The 1996 Finest Bronze #299 Bagwell is a Pop 1 looks great in the newer slab
    I have a base #299 Bagwell in also I hope does well. Out of 156 1996 Finest Bagwell #299 base I found less than 5 acceptable copies.
    ,
    ,
    ,






  15. #180
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scanning some backlog and figured I'd post this card. Incredibly difficult pull from 2003 Fleer Authentix these Standing Room Only cards just are plain difficult. The fact I found Clemens uniform number is just cake

    First card I've added to my Clemens registry in at least 5 months been too busy on resale which is more important right now.





Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •