Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Starting in on the BGS slabs now. Bunch of common Clemens slabbed
I have tons of dupes I tend to use commons as fillers in orders
Seeing the Posts reminds me to find my paperwork so I can write a Red Sox post about those :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some more new Clemens BGS slabs scanned. I have to really start checking my registry before I sub
Dummy me thought I was knocking off another Prism item = little did I realize I already had one Slider Silver slabbed and a gem to boot :(
And folks while I'm happy with the grade ( Pacific is always tough to get Mint much less Gem) irritates me to spend unnecessary $$

With just 50 tough to find those SP Limited are nice = and box breaks don't happen much-- too pricey for the ROI
The Curtain Call came from that Fleer box break I did a while ago in my other thread

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And the card dummy me forgot I even slabbed !!

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK more Clemens slabs scanned. The Fleer 2004 Legacy are notoriously poorly cut- Nrmt 7 is normal the occasional 8 or higher unusual
The Clemens/Johnson dual [MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] helped me with 3 years ago and held on to and is my first 2004 add on in nearly 5 years for the 2004 Ultimate series. It's just a really, really tough series if your a player collector to complete. Down to just 5 total cards left to complete my player set of Clemens. One is a quad, the other a Houston Astros card with 6 signatures and a 3rd an Octo 1/1 item with 8 signatures. Most of the 2004 Ultimates are # 25 or less. The other 2 needs I won't name suffice to say they "should" eventually come up for sale one of these years. I'll consider the set complete if the last 2 come in

The 2005 Signings was disappointed thought that one had higher chances but saw the corners were weak upon its return
The 2006 CoSigners if you do that set is a nuisance- slow but sure on that one. Anyone wants to go in with me on a few boxes let me know will buy some

The 2006 Epic blue I have more of couldn't believe I hadn't slabbed at least one of the Blue RC1 but finally looked at the series and realized I didnt so sent that one in. Not disappointed as I have more available.. The Nomar was one that slipped by me scan wise sorry. That series is tough to gem happy with that card :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Newest group of slabs back from PSA. These came from one of the packs inside the 2001 SP Game used I broke
Not all can be subbed some are too damaged to send in.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another batch came back from PSA so here's the decent part ( all 9's). Some were for projects being work on others resale on feebay

The Heltons for a project as prior stated .Ortiz and Mariano from the recent breaks. A 9 on a Topps Chrome from 1997 or 98 is normal
Those years are known for horrible centering and production issues. No biggie there they are feebay materials anyways
Slow updates due to scanning/listing and other projects I'm juggling :)

Sorry on big pics have to do so as feebay likes them that way.

MORE TO FOLLOW AS I SCAN

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK more scanned slabs caught up. Red Sox Pedro 10's I keep = the 9's I turn over :)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last couple of scans then I gotta sleep before work tonite
Teks are amazingly easy IF you spend time looking at them to gem. That's IF you make the time
I've perfected the "rush job" technique and Mint 9's are the punishment
Don't get me wrong- I went 5 for 7 on this sub for Gem 10's on Tek- just missed easy flaws :(
I'll show the gems when I get that far

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
These are the last of the Mint 9 that came back. Took me a full 2 minutes of looking at Nomar to see where the issue was. For me that's an eternity
Minor surface issue above the N and on the right edge near it prevented a Gem 10 . The Mac is the type of series where Gem 10 will be difficult
Horrible cuts , rough edges and damaged corners out of sealed packages are common. These were sold on QVC back then and you can imagine
the shipping issue sthey went thru. Happy with the Mint 9 trying to get the series in all Mint 9 /Gem 10 grades.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll be starting on scanning all my Gem Mint 10 that came back as well as the upcoming box break ( 2007 Finest master box)

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More PSA scans from recent sub thats back. The Heltons I've said in the past is for a project I am working on. Although my favorite item didn't hit minimum
so it was not slabbed sadly. I'll try again on it had a few spares. Since both my Vintage 61 slabbed gem I'll sell one.
The Unleashed reminds me of a Wheaties box rip off. And the fact multiple Fleer Tradition cards gemmed was suprising they are notoriously
poorly cut.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The Bagwells are part of another projects the Pedro for resale to Red Sox guys. Sorry about the flipped backs one is Topps the other Fleer. I don't agree with the Finest card ( overgraded in my opinion) I'll upgrade when I see another one that's better centered. The scanner really hurts that Chrome's appearance its actually quite beautiful in person and 98TC are hard to gem if you ever tried before. Same with the Brilliants Pedro its clean as a whistle the scanner picks up everything on all surfaces including its own scan top

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last group of slabs for a bit. I'm good at gemming 99Tek although Ioccasionally miss stray surface issues
The Guerrero are part of a project = the Pizza and rest are resell fodder. I have a frequent Piazza buyer so I'll continue 90's subs of him.
Same with McGwire and Thomas- plenty still to slab from storage and since its been profitable will continue
The Jeters are part of a massive collection of 90's early 00's I've owned for years I'm slabbing / selling for next years induction.
I actually showed his 2002 Bowman Chrome Reprint PSA 9 last week- this one came first in 1998

Emptying the apartment out of these slabs will need to visit storage tomorrow and clean up my place a bit
Always like when I complete scans and can empty the apartment of the keepers while slotting the rest where I can get at them quickly in storage
Love how the room looks once thats done !!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Love the Jeters

Yes those are my favorite as well. I wish I had a couple more of the Baby Boomers . Those refractors are just gorgeous when they're fresh and new. I'll try and locate the refractor version of the Baby Boomers and submit those😊

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Newest batch that I subbed of cards that I had lugged crosso country 12 years ago is back from PSA and BGS. Bunch of Boggs I'll scan in a bit
Right now scanning PSA then will get back to BGS slabs :)

The Johnson I own all the variations this one I found. Splitting hairs is all I'll say about the grade
The Yaz dual has 2 print dots on the back preventing the 10

Macs I busted from a travel set and the Ryan is why PSA needs to develop an insert.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next few slabs were test runs to gauge how PSA grades certain stuff. I like learning what they look for and consider important. The Slurpee has edge issues I knew that going out. Tattoos while clean had some edge / corner issues . No biggie test runs I learned from :) I have a small amount of Boggs just back so I'll try and post more. They are part of those boxes I lugged cross country I'm going thru now

There are no Ichiro Descending on Beckett Marketplace, eBay, COMC, Amazon or elsewhere I saw as of this morning
With 56 available I don't expect there to be many anyways. Happy with the Near Mint 8 now slabbed
Edges are very rough on these Genuines.

And as someone who has busted plenty of 2002 Certified Mint 9 are fine they are DLP worst production issue of the entire decade.
They scan like crap when B&W - not sure why they look great in person.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more scanned Boggs. The B-Best had a soft upper left corner and some diamond canting on reverse hurting it.
The Classic Yellow is T-B off on back but thats splitting hairs on that one I've seen 10's like it :(

The King B is a Pop 2 with just 2 higher so pleased with that one
The Juan Gone is just a re-slab was in an older holder so new lighthouse slab it is :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More recent slabs. [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION] would appreciate of course being a fellow 90's Finest Refractor guy :)
The two others are for feeBay resale
All were part of recent box breaks months ago
The Arod is a Pop 3 teh Thomas a Pop 5

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs back for Mr Boggs from the cards I carried around for 40+ years. Was surprised at the size of the slabs involved

The Fantastic Sams versions with tab are tricky aS they were produced off center PSA did a good job on that one. Pop 2 with 2 higher
I have more so tested the waters on that one
I actually wrote an ARTICLE ON FANTASTIC SAMS about them as I came across them going thru my PC stuff. If you have additional info see me please looking to always elarn more and have more back up. We didn't have one locally until the last 90's so I have very little info on that series distribution just some basic knowledge of where/why. Would love some magazine or hobby promotion backups.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Jiffy Pop discs came of popcorn containers. Back had issues so didn't expect much. Pop 1 with 4 higher.Tabs were a little rough also
Haven't had time to do my article on that series yet
attachment.php

attachment.php

The Holsum pleased me while its a Pop 8 lets just say people are careful what they sub when it comes to discs
Haven't had time to do my article on that series yet

attachment.php

attachment.php

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts