User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Recent slab pickups / grading

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More BGS slabs scanned. I have several PSA & BGS subs also to scan along with some storage catch up to do as well

Last edited by jeffv96masters; 10-31-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more 1997 Finest slabbed as I work on my various PSA sets . Thanks to Daniel [MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION] for the Bronze #10 refractor his looked better than my two did so I sent it in
    The base card came from one of my box breaks thought it looked perfect and PSA thought so too

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep them coming..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More scans caught up. These were all tests. I've been carrying some in boxes for 20 years totting them to multiple homes. Finally decided to go thru and start giving away or slabbing. Jeters no exception.
    I can honestly say I missed badly the reverse of the Certified #14 and the Zenith # 93 which had obvious dings I totally skimmed over. Ten seconds of checking and those 2 never would have left the house. My bad-- teaches me NOT to rush

Anyways - will give away the PSA 8's just send me your mailing address and $3.00 s&h if you want one ( or more) to cover shipping expense of mailing. No charge for the card itself . Anyways jeff.verrier@gmail.com as always is the Paypal address

The 9's and 10 are fine all were test runs. The promo I looked over 3x now since its back- finally located a "minor" issue using a 10x loupe--which I try NEVER using. I always eyeball it folks I have no time to play Inspector Clouseau with these graded items. It came from the box I busted over in the box section that one. Rest were part of that tote around group. Not bad considering what they've endured

Much, much, much more to follow.

The McGwire was part of that Crown Royale box bust. Nrmt 8 is normal that series is an absolute bear to get good grades. I'm actually building it in 9 and 10's. If you think it is easy- go try it. I'll place a bet you'll need lots of time and money to do it. If you can do it at all.

The better half of the Jeters sent in are below had much better luck testing these out

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple more Bagwells thanks to Daniel once again on the set help with the Embossed refractor
    I also have the base refractor x 3 but they all have issues so still look for a submittable one
    Anyone has any of the base refractor #318 just advise I'd be interested in buying from you

The Base #318 is currently a Pop 3
    The Base Refractor #318 still looking for a suitable copy
    The Embossed #318 is a Pop 1 for some reason
    The Embossed Refractor #318 is a Pop 4

No idea why no one grades these the sets very popular as is Bagwell

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More newbies scanned. The Pedro is a Pop 2 with NONE higher. The surface generally kills any high grades when peel is left on
    Same deal on the Walker Pop 1 just 1 higher. Tough nuts to crack these 2. Love the light diffraction on the Walker
    The Irod is another low pop card that corners and surface issues just bury grades wise happy with that 8

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many may remember the 1999 Bowman Chrome series 2 break from about 4 months ago. Only 2 cards passed my initial desire to slab and are now back. Both are Pop 1's. The series is plagued by centering nightmares, dinged corners, and overall poor QC like any Topps/Bowman product. On the Greer an indent right below the R in Rusty prevented a 10 . Was hoping they'd skim over quickly- no luck of course too obvious even for beginners

Can easily be seen in the scan also ( that mark under the R is lint folks) . Still happy my only two cards are Pop 1 items now !!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From various boxes of 1998 Bowman Chrome Series 2 came the below pickings just back. Think I've cracked 3 this year so far
    Still have to go thru from those boxes wa sjust that these looked like first off candidates

The Guzman Golden Anniversary of course is that # 10/50 I box pulled just last box I thought had a good chance to Gem out- nope
    Batted 100% on the others I choose 1st batch though so me happy !!

Both Guzmans as expected Pop 1
    Ponson Gem is a Pop 1 refractor
    The Clark Gem a Pop 6
    The Johnson gem a Pop 9
    The Mariano is a Pop 7

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More slabs recently back. As prior stated sent in stuff been hanging on to. These were some Ichrio and Pujols I had been totting around
    Its amazing now that they're back when I have time to look what I discover I miss when I rush

The Leaf R&S Ichiro is Pop 3 just 4 higher
    The UD Diamond Collection Promo is a Pop 1 item

The Pujols again from that pile I had. His and Ichiros rookies are going much later on
    The 2002 SPA has 36 Gems and 12 9's
    The 2003 Bowmans Best has a Pop of 4 with just 7 gems
    The 2003 Fleer Tradition Update Tale of teh Tape has a Pop 10 of gems

These last 2 made the sub. The Griffey is a Pop 5 Gem and the Piazza a Pop 1
    One of the finer Gems I've ever recieved on a game used item--- think its actually just the 15th Gem out of 1000's of game used I've done
    Usually I nail the Mint 9's -- gem is like rare on this stuff. May keep it around for a bit while I figure out what to do with it.
    Doubt anyone will gem another for a while my last game used item I got Gem 10 is still a Pop 1 over 9 years later
    On the back thats a light diffraction issue on the back right side folks-- no issues on that card edge just how the scanner interprets the light patterns / reflections

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More from that same sub as the prior posts. And I don't put minimums on stuff I let fly what flies
    This stuff been carried around 20+ yrs in many cases .
    Slab, sell, move on to the next box= repeat, rinse, and enjoy myself the whole time is all I'm doing.

The Caminiti reminded me of the sadness I felt when his sudden death hit. This pic says it all. Loved playing the game
    The Edgar reminds me of how underappreciated a hitter he always was playing. Pitchers feared Griffey but Edgar was what kept many shaking their heads
    Couldn't get him out on the same pitch he'd adjust. " Professional hitter" is a lost art and he was one. Glad his HOF selection was made .
    The Topps Embossed cards to be shown are all from box breaks in my box break posts.
    And Jose ? Love, love love that photo-- one of the BEST Upper Deck photos ever produced in the 1990's. My opinion of course
    Tons more to follow I have to scan

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More from that prior post,,,,,,,,,,,,, was happy with the Jeter
    The Embossed are typical Topps poor QC

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next group of slabs back came from 2 boxes I cracked of 1992 Colla All-Stars. I have quite a few unopened boxes still to crack.
    Saw the Mac numbering - that number

Sub turned out not too bad corners were really rough musta been the mojo on the trip !!

Ripken was only disappointment Pop 4 with 12 higher
    Bonds Pop 6 ( two are mine) with just 2 Gems
    Both the Ozzie and Mac are Pop 2 Gems
    The Alomar is a Pop 1 not sure why

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Occasionally will get involved in a box break these slabs came from two
    Snell was prior slabbed- wrong label - is now correctly labeled
    Watson Prizm was part of a larger sub

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeping up with the cards back more from the Colla series and a Canseco Triple Play
    Not sure why only 3 Canseco were sent in on both those items more guys than that collect him on the registry

The Molten Metals cards are both POP 1 items

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Thomas Topps Stars are an absolute bear to gem. I keep getting 9's on them (Topps Stars that is)
    Its a Pop 1 just 1 higher. The Arod is a lot easier of course has a Pop of 6 gems !! Nomo and Piazza are both Pop 1 Gem items

Last edited by jeffv96masters; 10-18-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast