Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch! My Artic coolers are coming by UPS! Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who really needs Sunday morning delivered items - medical I understand not Amazon etc. . Offer five / ten day cheaper rates . Put UPS bosses in vans to see what drivers put up with -- 100 driver I've known hard workers - can't say I've liked Sups. NEED a pick up store for $$$$ items to many truck chasers .

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i worked for ups in the early 70's i remember a strike i worked in nyc and NO ONE would cross the picket lines. You work very hard for them if you want to stick around.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tramers View Post
    Who really needs Sunday morning delivered items - medical I understand not Amazon etc. .
    UPS doesn't deliver sunday items unless you use their mission critical service or whatever they call it. I'd love to see a quote for it sometime to see how expensive it is to courier your package to the destination where it's desperately needed.

USPS does the Sunday amazon deliveries and does it very good, too, considering I get them earlier during a Sunday delivery than when my normal mail comes on the normal postal days. It's nice to order something for prime Sunday delivery so I can chill out with a ballgame or the NFL or whatever in the afternoon while doing my hobby and playing around with whatever neat thing arrived from Amazon on Sunday morning.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Amazon considering starting their own truck and airfreight company to handle all their own packages ?

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping they would something out.....Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finestkind View Post
    Wasn't Amazon considering starting their own truck and airfreight company to handle all their own packages ?
    I think they sort-of do. There are tractor trailers and airplanes with their name on it so I think in some areas like mine Amazon transports packages themselves to USPS sorting facilities local to their customers.

It seems when I get a package in Albuquerque, the USPS tracking doesn't start until at my local USPS sorting facility. There is no warehouse in New Mexico and most stuff come through Dallas or Phoenix warehouses, so I have this feeling Prime tractor trailers drive to Albuquerque from Dallas or Phoenix and dump the packages off at my local USPS sorting facility for "last mile" delivery rather than USPS do the heavy lifting from Dallas or Phoenix to my door.

I think UPS does the full heavy lifting as their tracking of my packages starts in Dallas, Phoenix, or wherever else warehouse in the country Amazon is shipping my item to me from and continues right to my door.

If UPS went on strike, I'm sure Amazon would continue to do most of the heavy lifting and use USPS more for the last mile delivery or sign a special contract with FedEx for last mile delivery after dumping them off at my brand new local FedEx facility.

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates? Best regards, David

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    I haven't seen or heard anything else on it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    August 1st is the strike date so I would try to avoid having a package in the system on that date in case of a strike or you may be waiting who knows how long for the strike to end and packages to resume moving through the system.

A website says there are contract negotiations scheduled for late June so maybe both sides will work it out then and we'll know well ahead of August 1st if the labor situation is good or if there might be a strike.

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon packages are here EARLY - 7:00 AM at least

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update. Best regards, David

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have reached an agreement for the members to vote in.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendersonfan View Post
    They have reached an agreement for the members to vote in.
    UPS Freight seems to be excluded. An AJC newspaper article says UPS Freight has negotiations scheduled July 9-12, but the biggie we all care
    about here seems to be good (drivers, sorters, loaders) pending approval by "local unions". I don't understand why it's not a done deal if the national leadership of the union likes the deal with UPS.