Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS Suspends Their 10-Day Grading Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
On one hand I'm glad they're working on reducing this HUGE backlog of submissions (11 months per submission for non-guaranteed service? Holy s***.), but on the other, I wish they could hire more graders instead of suspending their most popular service.

https://www.beckett.com/news/beckett-grading-suspends-10-day-service/

Well, if you have not heard the rumbles/rumors, we are here to confirm that BGS will be temporarily suspending the 10-day service for the next few weeks. It might sound like a crazy thing to do with the strength of the market and number of cards coming in for grading but it is a move we feel is necessary right now. We are going to pull the curtain back slightly and let you know why we have decided to do this, at one of the busiest times of the year.

-We are closing in on an 11-month turnaround on non-guaranteed orders…that is simply not acceptable or fair to our customers. Our goal during this 10-day service hiatus will be to work on this backlog and get the turnaround back to an acceptable level. The non-guaranteed service was created so people could save some money on their submissions, especially on cards that might have a little lower value or large quantity orders. It was not created to hold our customer’s cards in our vault for a year.

-We are the only service in this industry that continues to offers a 100% money-back-guaranteed turnaround on three service levels (2, 5, and 10-day)*. In this market, that is a crazy thing to offer, but is something we have prided ourselves on for the last 19+ years. The 10-day service is our most popular of those guaranteed services, which is why we selected that one for the change. If you remember, about a year ago, we ran into a similar wave of submissions and adjusted our policies and submission levels. We are getting close to that again, so instead of raising prices or taking the guarantee away, we have decided to do this. We simply don’t think it is fair to rush orders through in order to make the guarantee date, nor do we think it is fair to push 10-day orders past their due date, which we have done to many valued customers.

These are the two main reasons we have decided to suspend the 10-day grading level for the next several weeks. This was a decision made by our staff and from the feedback we received from our customers (at all levels). Our end goal is to get caught up so we can give you the service and product you desire from Beckett. We realize some customers might not submit to Beckett during this time and that is understandable. Of course, it’s not our desire, but we understand it. It is crazy knowing, we are taking our most popular service level away right now but we feel that for the good of the company it is best to slow down so we can speed up. Our goal is to hit all guaranteed submission levels and get our non-guaranteed submissions out in a reasonable timeframe…right now, that is not the case and we are truly sorry.

As always, we want to hear from you. Email us your thoughts, concerns, suggestions, etc to [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Beckett Grading Staff

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
That non guaranteed was their version of the JR Smith rebound in game 1
fd55c33c56f2b8b74e61014e547f8008.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
A major blow to the collecting community.

Without Beckett Grading, how would we know if a card is centered or not?
Without Beckett Magazine, how would we know what a card is worth?
Without Beckett.com, how would we know if our computers can load pages?
Without Beckett staff, how would we know what amount of man boobage is acceptable?

[MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] shall we hold a candlelight vigil?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I wouldn't mind if the whole grading market implodes.

BGS is certainly ripe for losing great market share if someone can come along and do it great to get an outstanding reputation among slabbed card collectors.

I wonder if Beckett is about to screw up the comic book industry too. Some company I have not heard of decided to move to Dallas and have some alliance with Beckett and I think it might be a comic book grading company.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
A major blow to the collecting community.

Without Beckett Grading, how would we know if a card is centered or not?
Without Beckett Magazine, how would we know what a card is worth?
Without Beckett.com, how would we know if our computers can load pages?
Without Beckett staff, how would we know what amount of man boobage is acceptable?

[MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] shall we hold a candlelight vigil?
This post is a good one

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn't mind if the whole grading market implodes.

Grading definitely has its place, especially in the vintage market

However, I would like to see the entire price structure and premiums for modern gems implode. When 75% of cards from new packs come out gem, there shouldn’t be a 200%-300% premium for them. That’s absurd. I have no problem with huge premiums for sets that historically have horrible QC, such as 2010 Topps Chrome. That’s understandable because a gem grade is legitimately tough to get.

And good god, I had no idea BGS was that backlogged with submissions. 11 MONTHS?! Holy ****. Why would anyone give their business to a company like that?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
BGS: As compensation to our loyal customers, we are introducing guaranteed 500 day service at a 5% discount from 10-day service pricing, an excellent value. Plus we'll throw in a one-month subscription to the Beckett online price guide of your choice.

Members online

Latest posts