Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Shohei Ohtani Superfractor Autograph 1/1 Has Been Pulled (And Then the Unfortunate Happens)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn’t put it past Blowout Cards to have made a gentleman’s agreement with Beckett not to grade the card 9.5 if it was pulled. That way, BO can put a fake bounty on it just to watch the price of wax explode and make more money off said wax

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I wouldn’t put it past Blowout Cards to have made a gentleman’s agreement with Beckett not to grade the card 9.5 if it was pulled. That way, BO can put a fake bounty on it just to watch the price of wax explode and make more money off said wax

no bet from me -- too much money at risk

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I hope the owner doesn't try and sell it anytime soon. How's this for bad timing?

Angels PR @LAAngelsPR
Shohei Ohtani will be placed on the disabled list with a grade 2 sprain of the UCL. He underwent a PRP and Stem Cell injection yesterday with Dr. Steve Yoon in Los Angeles. He will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks and we will update his plan of care at that time.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not encouraging.

@MLBPlayerAnalys
Recorded UCL Stem Cell injections, with results:

Andrew Heaney (TJS 2 mo. later)
Garrett Richards (back 11 mo. later)
Rubby De La Rosa (back 9 mo. later, then TJS 2 mo. after)
Yimmi Brasoban (back 7 mo. later)
JC Ramirez (back 7 mo. later, TJS 2 wk. later)

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Damn it. Is it similar to Tanaka where surgery wasn't needed? I think he was the most interesting story in baseball this year. People who don't even care that much about baseball were following him.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
thats rough and I agree with what JoshHamilton said about BO. As soon as I saw BO's cheap publicity stunt my first thought was that it was only so that they can drum up more interest and in turn increase profits on their 18' Bowman wax because there is no way that jumbo boxes should be anywhere near $300 per, maybe $200.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
thats rough and I agree with what JoshHamilton said about BO. As soon as I saw BO's cheap publicity stunt my first thought was that it was only so that they can drum up more interest and in turn increase profits on their 18' Bowman wax because there is no way that jumbo boxes should be anywhere near $300 per, maybe $200.

If I’m not mistaken, the jumbo boxes were over $300 before the bounty was offered.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Damn it. Is it similar to Tanaka where surgery wasn't needed?

sounds like it. Junk science, time, and hope for the best to avoid TJ surgery. Based on Jaypers post in this thread about the history of other pitchers doing this treatment, it seems safe to assume Ohtani won't be back pitching until 2019 (or 2020 if TJ is decided).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
On twitter it says the guy waited a week before opening the box. Wonder how much that cost him?

Probably not much. There are guys looking for bragging rights or something flashy to show off that have money burning a hole in their pockets that will pay up for a high profile card like this.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I hope the owner doesn't try and sell it anytime soon. How's this for bad timing?

Angels PR @LAAngelsPR
Shohei Ohtani will be placed on the disabled list with a grade 2 sprain of the UCL. He underwent a PRP and Stem Cell injection yesterday with Dr. Steve Yoon in Los Angeles. He will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks and we will update his plan of care at that time.
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Just sucks that 2 of the game’s brightest young stars (Acuna, Ohtani) are on DL now.
A testament to the over-conditioning of today's athletes? Is it possible that their bodies are breaking down because there is so much strain from constant rigorous workouts?