cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's not jump the gun.

Ken Rosenthal @ken_Rosenthal
    #Angels GM Billy Eppler: “There have been no changes in Ohtani’s diagnosis and neither our physicians nor medical staff have recommended (Tommy John surgery) or said it’s likely.”
    J.P.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Let's not jump the gun.

#Angels GM Billy Eppler: “There have been no changes in Ohtani’s diagnosis and neither our physicians nor medical staff have recommended (Tommy John surgery) or said it’s likely.”
    I predict it will be four out of six pitchers (3 of 5 from your post about pitchers undergoing this junk science needed TJ).

Angels might as well pull the trigger - minimum he's out the rest of the season since noone in your list of 5 pitchers was back within 7 months and we don't have 7 months left this season and maximum pull it now on the TJ and he could be back by next year's ASB if all goes well.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not jump the gun.

Well, our president did make a special guest appearance in this thread so I figured "fake news" would be uncovered sooner or later.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needed injections in his elbow late last year and iirc had a major arm surgery a few years ago. In between that time he had ankle and knee injuries. Maybe just a bullpen pitcher in the future? Its hard to see where he goes from here since he already had a small workload this year in comparison to what we thought he would do.

It was said how much money he lost by not waiting a few years to come to MLB. Perhaps he knew how bad his arm feels and realized if he didn't come now he may not get a chance to fulfill that MLB dream.

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not good news for the future hobby products! He should be back next year.....Hopefully...the price on the hobby stuff and retail mega boxes will be taking a drive. Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not jump the gun.

Okay....Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

rwongdestiny
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RNCoyote View Post
    Likely done to all of next year
    or done well beyond that if he continues to delay getting the *recommended* TJ surgery. There doesn't appear to be a reason he can't just DH the rest of this season and save Topps and Panini and their distributors/hobby shops.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may effect wax prices a little bit, but let's not forget some people are calling Ronald Acuna a once-in-a-generation player.
    Looking for the following Larkin cards:
    - '97 Finest Gold Embossed Refractor
    - '98 Donruss Crusade Red (even a photo)
    - '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold (even a photo)
    - '98 Leaf Fractal Materials Z2 Axis
    - '99 Fleer Tradition Starting Nine
    - '98 and 99 Metal Universe Precious Metals

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are Acuna and Trout in different generations?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. But you can look at it as Trout will/is dominating in the 2010s and Acuna could dominate in the 2020s.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CardboardRectangles View Post
    It may effect wax prices a little bit, but let's not forget some people are calling Ronald Acuna a once-in-a-generation player.
    Yeah, Acuna rookie autos are going for good money and we all know prices of 5-tool players with plus-plus power potential who get the call before turning 21 can definitely increase over time. Hell, his value could continue to grow in the final month or two (if he makes the postseason) of baseball the way he's been hitting balls outta the ballpark lately. At the moment his Topps Chrome base auto is hitting 200 or slightly higher which is only about a 100 less than a Topps Chrome Ohtani auto.

Then there is Juan Soto & Gleyber Torres who are not quiet at Acuna's level (in terms of hobby value) but if Topps puts out products that have autos of all three of them (Soto, Acuna & Torres) with or without an Ohtani auto (at the TJ depleted prices) I'd say that's still more than enough to carry their 2018 products.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Are Acuna and Trout in different generations?
    Trout has obviously been the best in the game for the last 8 or so years so he certainly falls under that "once in a generation player" category but considering Trout is 7 years older & by the time he's in his mid 30's reaching those regression years (typically around 32-34) Acuna will still be in his prime years so yeah, I'd say he's a different generational player. Acuna is next gen.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Yeah, Acuna rookie autos are going for good money and we all know prices of 5-tool players with plus-plus power potential who get the call before turning 21 can definitely increase over time. Hell, his value could continue to grow in the final month or two (if he makes the postseason) of baseball the way he's been hitting balls outta the ballpark lately. At the moment his Topps Chrome base auto is hitting 200 or slightly higher which is only about a 100 less than a Topps Chrome Ohtani auto.

Then there is Juan Soto & Gleyber Torres who are not quiet at Acuna's level (in terms of hobby value) but if Topps puts out products that have autos of all three of them (Soto, Acuna & Torres) with or without an Ohtani auto (at the TJ depleted prices) I'd say that's still more than enough to carry their 2018 products.

Trout has obviously been the best in the game for the last 8 or so years so he certainly falls under that "once in a generation player" category but considering Trout is 7 years older & by the time he's in his mid 30's reaching those regression years (typically around 32-34) Acuna will still be in his prime years so yeah, I'd say he's a different generational player. Acuna is next gen.
    Reminds me of a center fielder who had a " a particular set of skills " for the Braves in the mid 90's. How did that turn out? If the Brave's make the playoffs. START SELLING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12