Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2018 Cleveland National VIP Signers Announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ALL 18 VIP SIGNERS NAMED FOR 39TH NATIONAL SPORTS COLLECTORS CONVENTION IN CLEVELAND!

Attendees who purchase one of the week long VIP or SuperVIP Packages for the 2018 National receive 12 (or all 18) autographs from our special group of VIP signers. The entire list of 18 has been named and include some great local favorites as well as Rookies of the Year, Heisman Winners and more.

Cleveland fans will be happy to see old favorites including Perfect Game pitcher Len Barker, 1980 Rookie of the Year Joe Charboneau and 1995 Rookie of the Year Marty Cordova. On the football side, former Browns Eric Metcalf and College Football Hall of Famer Tom Cousineau are part of the VIP program. A group of players from Cincinnati teams are also signing for VIPs. Another Perfect Game pitcher Tom Browning will be there along with 1990 World Series MVP Jose Rijo and 1966 NL Rookie of the Year Tommy Helms. From the Bengals, College FB Hall of Famer Ross Browner will be at the National. Ickey Woods, famed for the "Ickey Shuffle" on the field and in TV commercials will join us as well along with Isaac Curtis, a 4-time Pro Bowl selection.

Billy Sims, 1978 Heisman Winner and Charles White, 1979 Heisman Winnerare part of the VIP Program along with Steve DeBerg who led the NFL in completions in 1979. 1987 National League Rookie of the Year Benito Santiago, 1976 Cy Young Award winner Randy Jones, 1997 World Series MVP Livan Hernandez and 2-time All Star Gregg Jefferies round out the VIP group.

VIPs also are invited to the Topps 39th National VIP Party on Wednesday August 1 at 2:30 PM. In addition to refreshments and giveaways from Topps, three additional signers will appear at the party. NBA Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy, 1975 AL ROY and former Indians Manager Mike Hargrove and 3-time All Star and 4-time 20 game winner Luis Tiant will sign for party attendees.

VIP Tickets provide entry to all 5 days of the 39th National, 12 Autograph Tickets for the VIP signers listed above, admission to the show floor one-half hour prior to General Admission attendees and an exclusive gift package of promotional cards created by Leaf, Panini, Topps and Upper Deck. SuperVIP Tickets provide the 5 day admission, all 18 VIP Autograph Tickets, early admission, Double VIP Gifts PLUS a week-long parking pass for the VIP Parking Area and a commemorative 2018 National Hat.

The 39th National Sports Collectors Convention will be held August 1-5, 2018 at the IX Center in Cleveland, OH. Tickets and VIP Admission Packages for the National are available now and may be purchased by clicking here or on the banner below.

Keep visiting the National web site regularly for updates. For additional information on the Autograph Pavilion, visit Tristar by clicking here.
Please direct any autograph related questions to Tristar at [email protected] or at 713*-488*-1101
Autograph Tickets will be on sale through Tristar's web site in June

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Anyone gunna be a VIP? If they could get me Livan on a Mets card I’d be eternally grateful

Edit to add: I’m ashamed to admit, I actually need Jefferies too...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Anyone gunna be a VIP? If they could get me Livan on a Mets card I’d be eternally grateful

Edit to add: I’m ashamed to admit, I actually need Jefferies too...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Ha, I was thinking the same thing about Hernandez on a Twins card myself!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
So when are the bonehead promoters of the NATIONAL SPORTS COLLECTORS CONVENTION going to do a show in Orlando? You can fit the Chicago and Cleveland convention centers in Orlando's parking garage! Do they know how many retired players live in Florida? A LOT. They would not have to travel very far to attend.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
So when are the bonehead promoters of the NATIONAL SPORTS COLLECTORS CONVENTION going to do a show in Orlando?

I have the same gripe, except I would want it to come to Denver or Phoenix. They don't come west anymore with the show and I have to imagine it gets boring going to the same 3-4 cities.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is an impressive line up...of mediocre players (from a collectibility standpoint, at least) across the board!

Don't get me wrong, all those guys are decent. I think I have signatures of all of them with the exception of a couple of the FB players, but that is not a draw to a major hobby event by any means.

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I have the same gripe, except I would want it to come to Denver or Phoenix. They don't come west anymore with the show and I have to imagine it gets boring going to the same 3-4 cities.
I think Phoenix would be a great place to have it. It's a very big city but it's easy enough to navigate plus if they'd change it to November or December so many people could escape their freezing winter and many players have off season homes there, could bring in a nice line up of signers

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Jul 22, 2016
The last National I went to was Los Angeles in probably early 2000s. Pure **** signers. Nobody of name really. Soup **** and Greg Brady were the highlights of my day. I was semi interested in Gale Sayers but he canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The last National I went to was Los Angeles in probably early 2000s. Pure **** signers. Nobody of name really. Soup **** and Greg Brady were the highlights of my day. I was semi interested in Gale Sayers but he canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GOAT
131b1b9756d0380beb59d7f388706f32.jpg

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I think Phoenix would be a great place to have it. It's a very big city but it's easy enough to navigate plus if they'd change it to November or December so many people could escape their freezing winter and many players have off season homes there, could bring in a nice line up of signers

There are ghosts in Phoenix.....and snakes.

And ghosts that spit snakes out of their mouths.

You've been warned.

Members online