Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ok Auto Experts, Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Listings on eBay:

https://m.ebay.com/sch/4242kenneth/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

So, I'm always checking every morning for Walter Payton RC's and auto's and I come across this guy who happens to have perfect feedback and 0 negatives. You buy a cheap card, you get a Free Auto. And EVERYTHING has been acquired through the mail.

He has multiples of Jordan, Woods, Trout, Harper, Brady, Mays, Aaron, Ali, Cassius Clay, Payton, Jeter, Gretzky, Pujols, LeBron, Manning, Ted Williams and on and on. Pretty much everyone except for Mantle and DiMaggio.

I'm not an autograph expert although I think I'm pretty good with McGwire and Walter Payton whom I've collected for a while, especially McGwire for years. I don't like his McGwire at all, it's fake. I'm not fond of his Walter Payton's either although I've seen similar types of these authenticated by non-PSA & non-JSA so-called authentication companies.

Overall some of them might be real especially with the lesser-known players but I'm just not buying a lot of these. But like I said he has zero negatives and it appears in his feedback that he's sold these types of cards with auto's before with no complaints as of yet. He currently has 294 auctions.

So what are your thoughts gentleman?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I think you answered your own question if they're real or not with all those red flags. Since when does Sandy Koufax, Michael Jordan and Tom Brady sign ttm? Something else that should be a big red flag is why would he list out all those big names cheap base cards in the title and not the fact that you get an autograph of them?

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I think you answered your own question if they're real or not with all those red flags. Since when does Sandy Koufax, Michael Jordan and Tom Brady sign ttm? Something else that should be a big red flag is why would he list out all those big names cheap base cards in the title and not the fact that you get an autograph of them?
Unfortunately unless there were to be a lot of complaints, this guy could not be shut down. There's something to say for the buyer that doesn't do his homework but I still hate to see a lot of people lose money.

And as far as the listings consisting of cheap cards you can clearly see the photo of the "bonus" autographed cards when you pull up the auction so maybe he thinks he's being a little clever somehow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Looking at his sold auctions, this crook has made thousands of dollars in the past two months.

He gets around it by making the auction for the plain unsigned base card, then including the autograph as a "bonus."
That way he can't be accused of selling forgeries, because he is not selling the autograph, just the unsigned card. That's why he worded the auction titles that way.

The seller should be in prison.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Looking at his sold auctions, this crook has made thousands of dollars in the past two months.

He gets around it by making the auction for the plain unsigned base card, then including the autograph as a "bonus."
That way he can't be accused of selling forgeries, because he is not selling the autograph, just the unsigned card. That's why he worded the auction titles that way.

The seller should be in prison.

IDK about prison but his feedback needs to be very red...

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I looked closely at my Unitas (in person) and Duke Maas (PSA) and his don't match up well at all. DON"T BUY!!!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You have to blame the buyers 100% on this one, but the seller still deserves his/her karma. Is this person shady, hell yes. Are they breaking any rules outright, absolutely not. Even the way the description is worded as to how the autograph came into their possession is shifty when you drill down. "The autograph was received through the mail." perhaps meaning their buddy the forger sent them over in batches through the mail. That makes the statement true as well!

Buyers here should see that they are paying for an overpriced card with the expectation that they are actually paying for the bonus signed card, but without any sort of buyer protection. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I am surprised though that not even one naive buyer has forked out big bucks, found out they got a dud auto and despite the trickery and loop holes, still bombed the seller with a negative feedback.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
THIS IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED THIS PERSON IS SELLING CRAP!

Sorry, saw the cheap card date and not the signed card date...still, it's all gotta be crap.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 5.08.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 5.08.45 PM.png
    488.2 KB · Views: 26

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
The Stengel autos he is peddling are garbage. So are all of the others.

He has a laughable Jeter up for an opening bid of 26 bucks and a BIN of almost 1200. He also has a Jeter that sold for 34. The numbers say everything.

As a side note, when did eBay start shuffling you to current auctions when clicking on completed auction links? I was confused after I clicked on a link for a finished auction of this guy's and was taken to a live COMC listing? I don't like that. eBay might've started doing that a while ago; I like that company and platform less and less as they change it with crap like that.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Worked at local PD had a class with a forger -- write your name and he would match it writing upside down from across table . 1970's

Scartchy18

May 21, 2013
I'm lucky mostly, I don't buy autographs, patch cards, all the bells and whistles actually deter me. Only three times have I had a 'buy' go south and all three times it was my fault (twice I didn't realize how big/small the card was, once I didn't realize it was too thick). Out and out cheats I've avoided, mostly I guess because I buy base cards and am pretty focused when I do buy.

Members online