Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Trinity question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm seeing a Leaf Trinity cards with patches on them so I want to confirm something that may be hobby knowledge that I haven't heard because I never been into collecting Leaf Trinity cards.

The patches are from jerseys that are fan jerseys that try to be authentic in regards to stitching and patches? The players likely didn't put the jersey on and take it off? Of four players with Leaf Trinity auto/patch cards I randomly researched, one had just one MLB spring training game and the other 3 don't have any stats showing they have ever played in a spring game at the MLB level.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
People still buy Leaf?

Apparently so. Leaf Trinity comes out every year and the cards are listed for auction so someone must be buying it or Leaf wouldn't be producing it.

What bugs me is that the jerseys don't seem to at least be spring training used jerseys so while the patch and auto are intriguing for some players, I don't want a patch piece exactly like from a fan jersey I could buy from MLB's online shop.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just player worn, and even then, they will put 10-15 patches on one jersey. There was a Twins prospect card from the last 2-3 years that had a Metrodome Final Season patch, which would have been worn in 2009

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Just player worn, and even then, they will put 10-15 patches on one jersey. There was a Twins prospect card from the last 2-3 years that had a Metrodome Final Season patch, which would have been worn in 2009

Saw a 2017 Aaron Judge with a 2009 Yankee Stadium Inaugural Season patch.

Members online