Thread: Set checklist with just card numbers

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set checklist with just card numbers

Somewhere I once saw a checklist you can print out that only has a checkbox and a card number. It was to be used for multiple sets. I can't seem to find it now. I was wanting to print a few to put in the boxes with the sets I am working on so I can check them off as I get them. Every site I have looked at the checklists are multiple pages and I believe the one I saw was one or two pages. Has anyone seen this anywhere? Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenG76 View Post
    Somewhere I once saw a checklist you can print out that only has a checkbox and a card number.
    I created one that has card numbers and you simply cross them off with a sharpie as you catalog them while building a set.

Attached is mine - good for sets up to 880 cards and enough room across the top to write or create a label to adhere to the printout for the year/manuf/brand of the set you are working on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    I created one that has card numbers and you simply cross them off with a sharpie as you catalog them while building a set.

Attached is mine - good for sets up to 880 cards and enough room across the top to write or create a label to adhere to the printout for the year/manuf/brand of the set you are working on.
    Thanks, that is a big help. I appreciate you sharing it. It will work great for what I need.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also this which you can plop into Excel or something

https://textmechanic.com/text-tools/...-list-numbers/
    Scanned cards: https://goo.gl/9QaZll Updated 9/2/18

2011 Topps Heritage Red/Blue/Green Tints - 82% Complete
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter NNO - 88/350 | 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back - 64/350

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxabuser View Post

https://textmechanic.com/text-tools/...-list-numbers/
    Cool. Thanks. I quit using excel a while back. Didn't want to pay a monthly fee for it. I have been putting some stuff on Google Docs and Sheets which seems to work better to me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxabuser View Post
    Or just use the "fill" option like I did generating my set building worksheet when I created it.

As for BenG76... OPEN OFFICE! Suite similar to MS Office with free download and use, no monthly fees, no cloud, generates files that are compatible with MS Office. When I got my computer, didn't want to spend hundreds on MS Office software so I downloaded Open Office. The decision becomes even better now that MS screwed the pooch by selling the MS Office suite as a cloud product with a recurring monthly fee.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a PDF I created that also has checkboxes, plus a link to the Google Sheets file if you want to export it as a different format.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

checklist.pdf

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have to try the checkbox version on the set I am getting ready to start and see if that makes cataloging go quicker to only have to mark off or fill in a checkbox instead of wiping out the whole number with a sharpie marker like my own setbuilding form.

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry View Post
    Here's a PDF I created that also has checkboxes, plus a link to the Google Sheets file if you want to export it as a different format.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

checklist.pdf
    Nice

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the checkboxes done? Seeing the checklist on google docs, it seemed like you just used a box "special character" next to the card numbers. After I downloaded the XLS file and opened it in OpenOffice, I see that the cells in the checkbox column all say "FALSE" and I don't recognize what is going on with that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the checkboxes done? Seeing the checklist on google docs, it seemed like you just used a box "special character" next to the card numbers. After I downloaded the XLS file and opened it in OpenOffice, I see that the cells in the checkbox column all say "FALSE" and I don't recognize what is going on with that.
    In Google Sheets underneath the Insert menu, you should see "Checkbox" listed. I wasn't aware that it would cause problems with other software though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Google Sheets underneath the Insert menu, you should see "Checkbox" listed. I wasn't aware that it would cause problems with other software though.
    I went back to Google Docs. "INSERT" is greyed out, probably because it's view only mode.

I did take the XLS downloaded version and updated the first column wtih checkboxes by doing a "insert special character" in OO and selecting a checkbox character.

Once I finish cleaning the rest of the checkbox columns from "FALSE" to checkbox characters later today, I"ll post it here for those that are having the same issues I am with your google docs downloaded copy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went back to Google Docs. "INSERT" is greyed out, probably because it's view only mode.

I did take the XLS downloaded version and updated the first column wtih checkboxes by doing a "insert special character" in OO and selecting a checkbox character.

Once I finish cleaning the rest of the checkbox columns from "FALSE" to checkbox characters later today, I"ll post it here for those that are having the same issues I am with your google docs downloaded copy.
    Awesome

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, here's the set building checklist in XLS format based on Phillip J. Fry's work with checkbox special character inserted into the checkbox column.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast