Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3 weeks from today.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's a long time. The Blowout boards are a lot like Beckett's was. A lot of young collectors and "investors" who never get further than those boards for learning about the hobby or the sport.

I remember Beckett being extremely protective of their book values as copyrighted material, so if someone came and asked what the value of a certain card was, you couldn't just say,"$10," you had to say it was "between $9.99 and $10.01" and people actually got suspended for posting book value. Which is odd, considering that that was the one place where they literally owned everything that was posted.

Then the new owners tried to monetize everything, because they realized too late that buying a magazine in the late 00s was a roadmap to oblivion. I can't believe they still publish it. I guess $10 for a bunch of irrelevant data still sells well enough. When they started getting involved in trades, and so many good contributors left, that was the end. It became a real stinkburger.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
So......Beckett was changing their layout and whatnot. Many folks decided to go elsewhere as the changeover sucked. BIGTIME.

10 years later, Beckett still doesn't learn. Beckett changed their blog/news page to a new format and it sucks. BIGTIME. ;)

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
-Z- was the reincarnation of Adolph ******.
-Z- (zardoz/Jeff) suspended me (for like 99 years) back in the day because I warned a new user of members who I referred to as the Gestapo because they had no authority, but liked to "abuse" new users and act like they were King ****...he may have thought I was referring to the moderators, but he wouldn't listen when I tried to explain...he said it was hate speech, end of story...I contacted another mod about it (I forget who), who then put me in touch with Jeff outside of Beckett...after going back and forth, I think we both gained respect for one another...I haven't "spoken" to him in 7 years or so, but I still say he was (is) a pretty cool dude...Jeff, if you're lurking, I appreciate the help you offered during my divorce...cheers bro...

Sent from my LG-US996 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
In 10 years, I referred zero people.

Do I get a prize for that?

How many had me on their block list?

Remember when I posted customs? Or when I didn't have kids? Or stayed in an insanely smoky room in Cleveland?

Hello old timers.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
In 10 years, I referred zero people.

Do I get a prize for that?

How many had me on their block list?

Remember when I posted customs? Or when I didn't have kids? Or stayed in an insanely smoky room in Cleveland?

Hello old timers.
Hello Mike!
I remember your Customs that you did an awesome job at! I remember you before and after kids. And I do remember your complaining about that smoky room in Cleveland.
And we always got along great so you were never on my block list my friend!

Anyhoo, good to see you're still here!

**All prizes are subject to terms and conditions and are subject to change without further notice. All prizes are subject to availability, non transferable and there are no cash alternatives**

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
all seems crazy to me. I was on Beckett as a second home from 2003-2010.. I don't recall anything..
I remember [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] cause I was a faux griffey collector then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts