Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3 weeks from today.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
So my pens made bmb.proboards.com and like 800 people migrated over to it.

Bmb was threatening legal action so I created this board as a permanent home.

Mypens and I were then quasi partners. Then he got some bad advice from his friends when he didn’t like the way I was running things. I explained that if he has an idea of what needs to happen then let’s do it. No ideas came. Then he emailed what had become 3000 users an attempt to lure them away and I removed his access. Cold. Cut and dry. I am not sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

You're so icy bro.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Oh man, I remember the smug-as-**** announcements from Beckett about how we were going to like the MB changes, no matter what we said or thought (and that we would be grateful to pay them to make trades between members, just wait and see). I was so pissed at Beckett and have not given them any business since.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I loved the Beckett board. Shame their stupid decisions imploded it. Been on FCB since day 1, but Beckett was awesome in its heyday.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Is it the Scammers group I keep getting added to and not accepting?

Yeah, you are on the scammers page a lot. Selling Gem 10s Molinas that are really 2s due to "suspicious bodily fluid" effecting the surface grade. :-|

Innocent until proven guilty! I believe you.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Also in Beckett's prime they had 1 administrator/moderator, Christopher Borden. We all referred to him as C-Biddy. This guy was so cool and a lot of fun. He would post fairly often and pretty much let us do and say whatever we wanted. It felt like it was our boards and actually it was. And we policed ourselves.
Eventually he moved on and the board starting going downhill from there. Lots of administrative changes, heavy handed moderators, suspensions on a regular basis even for things that were so ridiculously petty, plans to charge trading fees, etc.

That's about all I can remember now about it's downfall but it was quite enough for me and tons of others obviously.

Never was and never will be another message board that was as fun as that one in it's heyday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Sooo...is there a related story to that other forum that has a similar look to FCB, but has orange as a primary color? When/why/how did it spawn?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I remember in 02 to 03 lots of prospect hype. i commented on taylor mattingly saying he sucked and whomever it was that was invested heavy in him, had a vendetta against me, lol,

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I remember in 02 to 03 lots of prospect hype. i commented on taylor mattingly saying he sucked and whomever it was that was invested heavy in him, had a vendetta against me, lol,

ps
there were some cool people there, lots of knowledge. the Z guy wasnt a bad guy.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This happened. Hostile take over.

Blood on the streets.

Oh, I remember.

I was never on the beckett boards- whats the backstory?

So......Beckett was changing their layout and whatnot. Many folks decided to go elsewhere as the changeover sucked. BIGTIME. So this guy decided to start a new site and had a bunch of established members ready to jump ship. Chris got involved. Chris took the site you see here in a different direction than the other guy......and here we are 10 years later. Hard to believe its been that long.

So my pens made bmb.proboards.com and like 800 people migrated over to it.

Bmb was threatening legal action so I created this board as a permanent home.

Mypens and I were then quasi partners. Then he got some bad advice from his friends when he didn’t like the way I was running things. I explained that if he has an idea of what needs to happen then let’s do it. No ideas came. Then he emailed what had become 3000 users an attempt to lure them away and I removed his access. Cold. Cut and dry. I am not sorry.

You're so icy bro.

I’m an edge lord.

-Z- was the reincarnation of Adolph ******.

-Z- and I now moderate a large facebook group together.

I love a good origin story, all the twists and turns only to find out....[spoiler alert!]

I always knew you were in bed with ******.......

I honestly didn't see that coming. My mind was blown...if this were a film I'd give it 3 stars. With the right casting I'd go as high as 4.

Members online