Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

here we are 1/2 way though and where is your team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
1/2 way through the season and where is your team?
for me? Phillies 1st place. useually we are dead last now lol

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yeah Brad, how about those 1st place Phillies. I'm surprised, but really enjoying it while it lasts. Kapler is doing a great job with the kids. I still think the Braves will win the division, but anything is possible. Especially if we get Manny Machado. Go Phillies!

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Rockies are 2 out of first and are in total control of their destiny. Unfortunately 4 of the 5 NL West teams are all right in the thick as well. This division is gonna be a blood bath August/September. Gonna be fun to watch (as long as the Rockies are winning).

NL West Standings @ the AS Break:

Dodgers 53-43
DBacks 53-44
Rockies 51-45
Giants 50-58
Padres 40-59

Last edited:

JBust80

May 11, 2018
North Carolina
Braves had a great first half, but I think they’re already showing signs of what is coming; lost a lot of games to some very good teams before the break. I think Phillies win the East, easiest schedule down the stretch they say on ESPN.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Rockies are 2 out of first and are in total control of their destiny. Unfortunately 4 of the 5 NL West teams are all right in the thick as well. This division is gonna be a blood bath August/September. Gonna be fun to watch (as long as the Rockies are winning).

NL West Standings @ the AS Break:

Dodgers 53-43
DBacks 53-44
Rockies 51-45
Giants 50-58
Padres 40-59

Lots of talk about the AL east but I think that's just east coast bias, past the top two teams it's nothing but smoke and mirrors. I agree that the NL west will be the most entertaining/brutal to watch in the second half. NL east could be pretty fun if the Nationals remove their collective thumbs from their collective butts.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Well, since winning percentage is meaningless and only the number in the loss column matters, the Braves are tied for first with the Phillies ;)

And the D-Backs are just a game back of the Dodgers

During the preseason I sort of expected the D-Backs to be competing for a postseason spot by the time the All-Star break hit but the Braves were a completely unexpected surprise. I thought best case scenario was that they'd finally finish a season with a winning percentage at or barely above .500 & I still believe it's possible that could be the case by the time the season is finished as they have played poorly these last couple weeks but I'm hoping they remain competitive to the bitter end. They will need to trade for at least a couple mid-to-upper tier bullpen arms before the deadline to do so because their current relief core is inconsistent & fatigued due to being overused.

Also, they don't really have a legit 9th inning guy who can come in close games & shut $hit down. They'll need one of those cuz Vizcaino or Winkler ain't it.

Honestly, I see the Phillies taking the division this season. The Braves are still a young and inexperienced team & while the Phillies have their fair share of youth too, they seem like a more complete team with a legit ace (something the Braves lack) & an experienced #2 type starter. And no, Arrieta is not the ace I was referring to, he's the #2.

If the Braves could just find a way to grab a wild card spot I would be ecstatic. Same deal with the D-Backs. I suppose they might have a shot at the division title but they have a lot of competition.

Members online

Latest posts