User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hader tweets

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry View Post
    Clearly those that are wanting to hang him out to dry NEVER did anything stupid when they were teenagers.
    Nope, can’t say I called black people ni**ers or said I hate gay people when I was 17

Stop excusing ****ty behavior on youth.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's changed. I don't think he's the same punk teenager who wrote those. More importantly, his teammates don't think that either.

I've seen plenty of redneck white-boys have their outlook on life changed after they've been thrown into what we might call a "multicultural" situation. Ask any Ozark cracker who went to basic training at Ft. Benning, GA.

Furthermore, I don't get people wanting to see him punished now. Do you not think he can change? Can anyone change. I'll take the hit as a "progressive liberal": too often we are incapable of seeing that people can change. And if that's the case, if every time someone comes out and says they're different (and actually acts different), and we just say "a leopard can't change his spots", then why are we asking for and working for change in the first place?
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
    Nope, can’t say I called black people ni**ers or said I hate gay people when I was 17

Stop excusing ****ty behavior on youth.
    I won't speak for others, but I'm certainly not excusing, just pointing out that most people are quite different as 25 year olds as opposed to their 17 year old self. It's much more important what his teammates think of him now than what he said as, what I would think was a, a "big shot" teenager with an inflated ego due to all the attention he was receiving.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its funny some of the people who complain about young people these days being babied give a pass to a guy for only being 17.

This will all blow over quickly. We have a president who said he grabbed women by the vagina and people easily blew that off

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

corockies
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    What about all your and Barry's writings on cave walls though?

There's no one left in the world fluent in baseball hieroglyphics.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corockies View Post
    There's no one left in the world fluent in baseball hieroglyphics.
    Good point

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hive17 View Post
    I'm surprised this has been in the news since the evening of the AS Game and there's no thread.

No thoughts on it?
    What exactly did he say that's caused all this commotion?
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    What exactly did he say that's caused all this commotion?
    https://thebiglead.com/2018/07/18/jo...st-homophobic/

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Stupid" and "immature," as Hader admits.

Case closed.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he should just own up to the reality here. He sent the tweets as a sign to Boston to sign him, he'd be a fan favorite.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its funny some of the people who complain about young people these days being babied give a pass to a guy for only being 17.

This will all blow over quickly. We have a president who said he grabbed women by the vagina and people easily blew that off

Vagina grabbing is the latest craze and I believe it's been renamed as "doing the Trump". I heard they even have a rap song written about it...

When I see a fine lady who looks good to hump...
    First I do da Trump, do da Trump
    When I wanna see if she got that spot to dump my junk
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Vagina grabbing is the latest craze and I believe it's been renamed as "doing the Trump". I heard they even have a rap song written about it...

When I see a fine lady who looks good to hump...
    When I wanna see if she got that spot to dump my junk
    Dead

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s a lot to be said about these Tweets.

Yeah, you can say he was just 17 and he is still a kid and was immature and stupid.

On the other hand a lot of people say 18 year olds are full fledged adults and should be given every right in life a 50 year old deserves.

I say he was 17 years old and more than aware that what he was saying was absolutely ignorant and wrong. He’s an idiot and deserves all the criticism coming his way.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dead

As a young chap in High School I wasn't doing much Trumping, just choking the chicken quite a bit in between classes in the school restrooms. There was the occasional circle jerk on weekends but doing the Trump just wasn't in the cards for an unpopular pimple faced bloke such as myself.

Now I look back at my childhood and am proud to say I wasn't out vagina grabbing with the rapist preppies & jocks. Not so proud about the bathroom debauchery which is why I'm glad we didn't have twitter back then because I'm sure I'd post something stupid like "REALLY enjoying myself in the West Hall men's restroom".

Or maybe I'd post something really stupid like what I just...did....right....here.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important takeaway from all of this is that the **** you post on the Internet stays there forever. You won’t catch me with any social media other than LinkedIn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast