User Tag List

Thread: 2002 UD Authentics Reversed Negative Errors? SPs?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2002 UD Authentics Reversed Negative Errors? SPs?

After 16 years, Iíve finally landed a copy of the Fullmer (card #1). This is the first copy Iíve ever seen actually, not even a picture. I had begun to wonder if some were short printed.

Questions for player collectors: do you have your guy? If so, was it hard to find? Do you have multiples or know of multiple copies?

Not only was this a huge PC find for me, it appears to possibly be an error as well. Whether or not it was corrected remains to be seen. My copy is missing the orange-to-green stripe on the right side border that all cards have. Photo is visible in area that should be covered by this design.

Does anyone have a copy with this same variation?
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a bagwell recently. Very tough to find. I think part of the issue is people don't realize that this is a parallel. I thought they were inserted something like 1:8, but seem a lot more rare than that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had it since 2002. Haven't really looked for another, see them once in a blue moon. Not impossible to find - but an issue many didn't recognize out of the box as an SP, since not marked.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post

Not only was this a huge PC find for me, it appears to possibly be an error as well. Whether or not it was corrected remains to be seen. My copy is missing the orange-to-green stripe on the right side border that all cards have. Photo is visible in area that should be covered by this design.
    Can you share a pic/scan of this? Haven't seen any missing the border.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had this card in my PC forever. Didn't know they were that rare.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gracecollector View Post
    Can you share a pic/scan of this? Haven't seen any missing the border.
    Id be happy to but canít figure how to from the mobile site.

Quote Originally Posted by madbull34 View Post
    I've had this card in my PC forever. Didn't know they were that rare.
    They may not be. It was an expensive product if I recall, with less than the standard 24/36 packs in a box.

I think there are a few scenarios:

Fullmer May have been the only card with this error.

Fullmer May have been the only card with this error and they were pulled from production.

Others exist with this error.

Others exist with this error and they were pulled from production.
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
    Id be happy to but can’t figure how to from the mobile site.

They may not be. It was an expensive product if I recall, with less than the standard 24/36 packs in a box.

I think there are a few scenarios:

Fullmer May have been the only card with this error.

Fullmer May have been the only card with this error and they were pulled from production.

Others exist with this error.

Others exist with this error and they were pulled from production.

It was an expensive box at the time because it came with 3 jersey cards per 18-pack box. Not many products had 3 jersey cards in them back then. The reverse negatives were 1:9 packs, so two per box. But since every one of the 200 base cards had a reverse negative version, finding a specific player was pretty tough.

I wonder if Fullmer being card #1 had anything to do with error. Haven't seen anything about it online.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gracecollector View Post

I wonder if Fullmer being card #1 had anything to do with error. Haven't seen anything about it online.
    Iím thinking the same thing. Itís always been odd to me that Iíve never been able to find one before (store I worked at the time broke a ton of this via pack wars). When I finally do, it has this error. Every example of any player I can find online does not have the issue.

Still wondering if anyone else has had difficulty finding their player or if any other players could possibly be short printed. Iíd guess if any others are, they may also be affected by this error.