Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************FRIDAY MORNING THREAD **************7/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good morning. Zero chance of rain today (no minor league games in town) and 90% on Sat-Mon when there are!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all!

Up since 4AM. Ugh.

And with weather conditions deteriorating in Scotland, your Annual reminder by me, that always irritates [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION], that "The Open", which is a stupid title too, is NOT fit to be a Major. The weather variations are so extreme it is not fair and equal for all players.

Did a couple of Retail hangers yesterday, 18 Stadium Club and 18 Prestige football.

Ian Happ Sephia parallel was only insert in SC. But really liked the Prestige. Cool base set design and great looking inserts IMO...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Morning all!

Up since 4AM. Ugh.

And with weather conditions deteriorating in Scotland, your Annual reminder by me, that always irritates [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION], that "The Open", which is a stupid title too, is NOT fit to be a Major. The weather variations are so extreme it is not fair and equal for all players.

Did a couple of Retail hangers yesterday, 18 Stadium Club and 18 Prestige football.

Ian Happ Sephia parallel was only insert in SC. But really liked the Prestige. Cool base set design and great looking inserts IMO...

Hahahahaha!

I will take an Open Championship major over any others. It’s about the history. If I ever had the chance to play abroad, Carnoustie would be my first choice.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hahahahaha!

I will take an Open Championship major over any others. It’s about the history. If I ever had the chance to play abroad, Carnoustie would be my first choice.

Yeah, it's a great course, full of history and probably fun to play.

But the extreme weather changes too often dictate the leaderboard.

The guys who went out late yesterday and then early today have almost NO SHOT AT ALL of putting up good scores, while the others, with MUCH better conditions on both days, should dominate the leaders.

Fine for fun play, even Euro PGA event, but NOT for a Major...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Yeah, it's a great course, full of history and probably fun to play.

But the extreme weather changes too often dictate the leaderboard.

The guys who went out late yesterday and then early today have almost NO SHOT AT ALL of putting up good scores, while the others, with MUCH better conditions on both days, should dominate the leaders.

Fine for fun play, even Euro PGA event, but NOT for a Major...

Yeah, we see this from completely different points of view.

The weather issue can happen anywhere at anytime in any tournament, so I don’t see many ways around that. So you would want a redraw at the end of each day as a fix?

Last edited:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Mo ; didn't you play there BEFORE it was a place ? You helped move those rocks to Stonehedge

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Should be a busy day for wheat harvest today as the fields are finally drying out so the guys can get back in them. My turn to work late tonight. So I'll put in an extra three hours tonight. This will give me some time to browse eBay, which is probably a bad thing. Going to try and get a few things lined up for the Twins HOF Breakfast that I plan on attending in a couple of weeks