User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59

Thread: Sports Heroes, Feats & Facts

  1. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gracecollector View Post
    Had no idea there were variations. Now I'll have to look closer at any Grace's I see. I only have this one, which I cataloged as 1997. Any clue what I should look for in the way of possible Grace variations?

    I’m sure I have it. Anybody interested if
    Not whole lot I had a subscription back in the day but they are up my mothers 1,000 miles away. I’ll let
    You know if you are still
    Interested or pm me


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving this thread! sub'd

  3. #18
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I show that I have one with a 68 and then a 68c version. I don't believe the image changed, just the printers line.

    I checked and have no dupes for Grace.

    Quote Originally Posted by gracecollector View Post
    Had no idea there were variations. Now I'll have to look closer at any Grace's I see. I only have this one, which I cataloged as 1997. Any clue what I should look for in the way of possible Grace variations?

    Last edited by mrmopar; 08-13-2018 at 03:47 PM.

  4. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    I am working on one, but am missing the names/subjects from my lists above (post #3 and those marked with (*) in post #5. Same list).
    I went thru the binders I found at the estate sale - and have found the following names for the pages you are looking for:

    Baseball:

    109 – Robin Ventura
    114 – Lee Smith
    117 – Grover Alexander
    124 – Edgar Martinez
    127 – Ron Gant
    134 – Larry Walker
    138 – James “Cool Papa” Bell

    Football:

    118 – Bobby Layne

    Basketball:

    107 – Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf
    128 – Dennis Johnson

    All Sports:

    67 – Cam Neely
    68 – John McEnroe
    71 – Mia Hamm
    74 – Janet Evans
    79 – Jimmy Connors
    107 – Kristi Yamaguchi

    Poster Pages:

    57 – Mark McGwire
    61 – Matt Williams
    62 – Roberto Alomar / 62 – Ben Coates (2 versions)
    64 – Bruce Smith
    68 – Jerome Bettis
    80 – Eric Metcalf

    I will go thru the Greatest Moments, Bloopers and Record Book pages over the weekend to see if I can fill in those names as well.

    I have found the following page counts for each section - so I dont know if this is a full set or not - hope to confirm that as well...
    Baseball 180
    Basketball 154
    Football 179
    All Sport 117
    Greatest Moments 122
    Bloopers & Trivia 119
    Record Book 119
    Poster Pages 90

  5. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the Puckett I have. I didn't check the copyright info, but I have two different inserts from the Sports Heroes, Feats & facts book...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new doc 2018-08-14 19.45.16_1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	620.4 KB 
ID:	82346

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new doc 2018-08-14 19.45.16_2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	679.3 KB 
ID:	82347

  6. #21
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread!~. Thank you very much. I can confirm that I have no higher numbers than those listed for each type of card, so my guess is that would comprise the set unless someone can come along later and prove any higher number than those you listed (and ID the subject, of course).

    Quote Originally Posted by ddaler View Post
    I went thru the binders I found at the estate sale - and have found the following names for the pages you are looking for:

    Baseball:

    109 – Robin Ventura
    114 – Lee Smith
    117 – Grover Alexander
    124 – Edgar Martinez
    127 – Ron Gant
    134 – Larry Walker
    138 – James “Cool Papa” Bell

    Football:

    118 – Bobby Layne

    Basketball:

    107 – Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf
    128 – Dennis Johnson

    All Sports:

    67 – Cam Neely
    68 – John McEnroe
    71 – Mia Hamm
    74 – Janet Evans
    79 – Jimmy Connors
    107 – Kristi Yamaguchi

    Poster Pages:

    57 – Mark McGwire
    61 – Matt Williams
    62 – Roberto Alomar / 62 – Ben Coates (2 versions)
    64 – Bruce Smith
    68 – Jerome Bettis
    80 – Eric Metcalf

    I will go thru the Greatest Moments, Bloopers and Record Book pages over the weekend to see if I can fill in those names as well.

    I have found the following page counts for each section - so I dont know if this is a full set or not - hope to confirm that as well...
    Baseball 180
    Basketball 154
    Football 179
    All Sport 117
    Greatest Moments 122
    Bloopers & Trivia 119
    Record Book 119
    Poster Pages 90

  7. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread!~. Thank you very much. I can confirm that I have no higher numbers than those listed for each type of card, so my guess is that would comprise the set unless someone can come along later and prove any higher number than those you listed (and ID the subject, of course).
    Here is the rest of the list (with names) that you were looking for:

    Greatest Moments
    75 – Lamotta evens the score
    76 – The Dream Team
    77 – Elway tames the dogs
    80 – Douglas rocks Tyson
    83 – McLain wins 30
    84 – Plunkett’s super season
    87 – The most courageous dive
    88 – Bums no more
    89 – Flo jo in a flash
    90 – The Wildcats stun the Hoyas
    92 – Tway’s incredible shot
    94 – Ripken passes Gehrig
    111 – The Bruins go bust
    113 – 1950 NFL championship
    115 – Eric the great
    119 – The miracle Mets

    Bloopers
    72 – Bogey Men
    74 – Football Film Stars
    77 – Mother’s Day
    78 – Photo Finishes
    79 – Keeping Up With The Joneses
    80 – Working Overtime
    83 – Simply Perfect
    84 – ABA All-Stars
    86 – Baseball Pioneers
    87 – Legends of Bowling
    89 – One-Man Shows
    92 – Spring Training
    108 – On The Money
    110 – Fathers & Sons
    112 – The Harlem Globetrotters
    114 – Marathon Mischief

    Record Book
    73 – Batting Average
    74 – Wimbledon Records
    78 – Canadiens Dynasty
    79 – Major League Catchers
    80 – World Cup
    81 – The Rose Bowl
    83 – College Football Team Records
    84 – Olympic Marathon
    87 – Calder Trophy
    88 – Major League Second Basemen
    90 – NFL Team Offense
    94 – NHL Right Wings
    108 – French Open
    109 – Major League First Basemen
    112 – High Jump Records
    114 – NFL Coaching Records

    Let me know if you need any additional info... Hope this helps... Also let me know if you ever confirm what makes up a complete set...

  8. #23
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this and I am pretty confident that you have the complete set. Nice find.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddaler View Post
    Here is the rest of the list (with names) that you were looking for:

    Greatest Moments
    75 – Lamotta evens the score
    76 – The Dream Team
    77 – Elway tames the dogs
    80 – Douglas rocks Tyson
    83 – McLain wins 30
    84 – Plunkett’s super season
    87 – The most courageous dive
    88 – Bums no more
    89 – Flo jo in a flash
    90 – The Wildcats stun the Hoyas
    92 – Tway’s incredible shot
    94 – Ripken passes Gehrig
    111 – The Bruins go bust
    113 – 1950 NFL championship
    115 – Eric the great
    119 – The miracle Mets

    Bloopers
    72 – Bogey Men
    74 – Football Film Stars
    77 – Mother’s Day
    78 – Photo Finishes
    79 – Keeping Up With The Joneses
    80 – Working Overtime
    83 – Simply Perfect
    84 – ABA All-Stars
    86 – Baseball Pioneers
    87 – Legends of Bowling
    89 – One-Man Shows
    92 – Spring Training
    108 – On The Money
    110 – Fathers & Sons
    112 – The Harlem Globetrotters
    114 – Marathon Mischief

    Record Book
    73 – Batting Average
    74 – Wimbledon Records
    78 – Canadiens Dynasty
    79 – Major League Catchers
    80 – World Cup
    81 – The Rose Bowl
    83 – College Football Team Records
    84 – Olympic Marathon
    87 – Calder Trophy
    88 – Major League Second Basemen
    90 – NFL Team Offense
    94 – NHL Right Wings
    108 – French Open
    109 – Major League First Basemen
    112 – High Jump Records
    114 – NFL Coaching Records

    Let me know if you need any additional info... Hope this helps... Also let me know if you ever confirm what makes up a complete set...

  9. #24
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Record Book 109 picture or mention Steve Garvey by chance?

  10. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    Does Record Book 109 picture or mention Steve Garvey by chance?
    Yes Steve Garvey is on the back of the page (photo) and references his .9959 Fielding Average

    He is also listed on the front of the page in a sidebar listing First Base Records.

  11. #26
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Definitely one I need to add, if I can;'t complete the set as well along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddaler View Post
    Yes Steve Garvey is on the back of the page (photo) and references his .9959 Fielding Average

    He is also listed on the front of the page in a sidebar listing First Base Records.

  12. #27
    Junior Member AL in Vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! Other SHFF collectors exist! I feel like I am “Home” while reading these posts.
    I’m Al and I have an addiction for these. Lol

    I have a complete index of all cards and players with variations known. (Doesn’t mean there are not a few others I’ve yet to find).
    Over the years I have completed 6 full sets but only 1 complete set with all variations that I know of that exist. (except 1 card I found out that has a variation two weeks ago).

    A little about my collection...
    I started from day 1 getting these “folders” autographed by the athletes pictured. Endless stories doing this, mostly all positive with a few exceptions.
    I started in the beginning with their mail order and then was lucky enough to secure boxes of unopened packs from IMP when they were forced to stop print due to licensing with the athletes and leagues. By doing this I was able to find a little history with variations. Their are plenty of them too! The “chase” keeps me going.

    I have a Facebook group that consists of all of my signed folders in my collection. Please let me know if you are interested in being added. I actually have 3 folders getting signed at a show at the end of the month. Can’t wait.
    The “Master List” I have on the App “Sheets”. I’ll be happy to email them to anyone who asks.

    I tend to ramble so forgive me now. Feel free to reach out and I’m excited to help anyway I can. Thanks to Google I found this thread and joined tonight.
    Thanks guys

    AL

  13. #28
    Junior Member AL in Vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as I can figure out how to add photos to a post with my phone, I will upload the original roster here.

    AL

  14. #29
    Junior Member AL in Vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the Master List for the set.

    Their is no Master set for the Add On's or Substitutes known to exist.

    Football
    179 pages
    24 variations
    4 Double Numbers

    Basketball
    154 pages
    41 Variations
    7 Double Numbers

    Baseball
    180 pages
    37 Variations
    7 Double Numbers

    All Sports
    117
    29 Variations
    0 Double Numbers

    Have to update the following categories...

    Poster Pages 90
    Bloopers 119
    Greatest Moments 122
    Record Book 119Attachment 83785Attachment 83786Attachment 83787Attachment 83788Attachment 83789Attachment 83790

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  15. #30
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely like to see your signed pages. Post a link to the Facebook page when you can. It is a fascinating set to collect, but I grew tired of buying one or several books and only finding 1-2 new pages or variations that I actually needed. In fact, getting new pages seemed toughest, as the last batch I bought only had variations that were new for me. I have 100s of duplicates now. The shipping always kills you, because people tend to practically give away the binders for little to nothing. I assume it is the size and perhaps the lack of publicity, but these really have not grabbed the attention of most collectors and may never do so.

    I may have missed 1 or 2 when I was compiling, but odds are I was not even aware of some of the dual subject/same number pages, since I do not even have a full set yet. I show 11, 24, 43, 77, 93 & 95 dual subjects for baseball. Missing at least 1 you are aware of. Baseball is my primary collecting interest, so it stands to reason I would have a better understanding of that portion. In football, I was only aware of 1 dual (41). Missing at least 3. For basketball, I was aware of 37, 39 (three players!) & 90. Missing several. I also show 29, 32, 34, 43, 44 and 48 as dual subjects in the poster pages. You may know this and have not broken that out.

    I'd need to know more about what you mean by variations to compare to my list. Is that what I talk about earlier in the thread, with the different copyright lettering (47, 47a, 47c, etc)? I do know that some players are shown with different teams as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by AL in Vegas View Post
    This is the Master List for the set.

    Their is no Master set for the Add On's or Substitutes known to exist.

    Football
    179 pages
    24 variations
    4 Double Numbers

    Basketball
    154 pages
    41 Variations
    7 Double Numbers

    Baseball
    180 pages
    37 Variations
    7 Double Numbers

    All Sports
    117
    29 Variations
    0 Double Numbers

    Have to update the following categories...

    Poster Pages 90
    Bloopers 119
    Greatest Moments 122
    Record Book 119Attachment 83785Attachment 83786Attachment 83787Attachment 83788Attachment 83789Attachment 83790

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Last edited by mrmopar; 10-13-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •