Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sports Heroes, Feats & Facts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
[MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] - I have a Watters in a 49ers uniform, but I'm very surprised you don't have it as it was part of the first edition, Pkt.18 I believe.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'm working on documenting all the variations from a individual player perspective rather than a set collector and these are my observations so far. The first edition is 1994, but the last year these were distributed is hard to tell. Maybe 1998? I've purchased three different "starter" binders with 17 packets of 12 items. My starter sets have all been different, so they seem to have changed the starter set each year. At the packet level, whenever a player in the packet changed teams, an error was found, or a player reached a new milestone, it seems like the entire packet was updated and appended with a new packet number as [MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] showed in his screenshot at the beginning of the thread.

Here are the variations I am seeing outside of the Packet release numbering:

All Sports Champions/Baseball Champions/Basketball Champions/Football Champions - jersey changes, individual player highlights on the front page, How Good Was He? and other sections on the back where the player is compared to others and the stats and players that are compared often change

Bloopers & Trivia - almost never has variations

Greatest Moments - the only variation I've seen on this one is #17 Ali vs Liston. In Pkt.17 Ali's opponent is wearing black trunks and in future editions his opponent is wearing white trunks. Not sure if the boxer in the white trunk's is a different boxer or Liston from a different fight, but someone noticed it was incorrect and fixed it.

Poster Pages - jersey changes and the questions for these seem to almost always change

Record Book - jersey changes (not many) and on the front there is a vertical bar listing different records for the topic, for instance, Super Bowl records. These records are updated for each package release

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
[MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] - I have a Watters in a 49ers uniform, but I'm very surprised you don't have it as it was part of the first edition, Pkt.18 I believe.

I guess it depends on when the original buyer was getting the pages. I have fewer of the higher numbers, presumably because they were issued later in the game. However, we also know that they were not issued sequentially, so some of the higher numbers are more common. Not sure why I have missed certain variations.

I have only noticed physical changes to certain pages when they stood out, like a new team, but in checking the copyright lines, I have seen variations that way. I never noticed the GM variation for Ali/Liston, bit I do have 3 different copyright versions (03, 03a & 03d). I'll have to look to see if one of them has the different color shorts.

I hope that there are no variations that come w/o a change to the copyright line, otherwise not sure I'd ever catch it.

orioles70

Oct 3, 2018
I am looking for Sports Heroes poster pages #9 and #55...not even sure who they are...can anybody help?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If you are talking baseball only, 9 is Reggie Jackson and 55 is Don Drysdale. I am sure I have multiples of both.

I am looking for Sports Heroes poster pages #9 and #55...not even sure who they are...can anybody help?

orioles70

Oct 3, 2018
I think my missing Poster Pages are #9 Cal Ripken and #55 Roberto Alomar...can anybody confirm that or have those to sell or trade?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
The Alomar issue with him in an Orioles uniform is #55, and I think it was issued in 1997. Sorry I don't have an extra to trade.

I think my missing Poster Pages are #9 Cal Ripken and #55 Roberto Alomar...can anybody confirm that or have those to sell or trade?

orioles70

Oct 3, 2018
I recently bought a complete set of 1,080 Sports Heroes, Feats and Facts pages in 7 Sports Heroes binders for $125 postpaid on Ebay but a quick look thru showed it was missing these 4 pages:

Football Champions

Basketball Champions

Record Book

Can anynody tell me who I am missing? I have a couple hundred duplicates available for trade or willing to buy the ones I am missing.

Thanks in advance for any help
John

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Summarizing everyone's contributions below

I recently bought a complete set of 1,080 Sports Heroes, Feats and Facts pages in 7 Sports Heroes binders for $125 postpaid on Ebay but a quick look thru showed it was missing these 4 pages:

Football Champions
#142 (D Hutson)

Basketball Champions
#43 (I. Rider) - I am aware of two versions, T-Wolves and Blazers
#78 (J Dumars)

Record Book
#47 (NCAA Receiving yards)

Can anynody tell me who I am missing? I have a couple hundred duplicates available for trade or willing to buy the ones I am missing.

Thanks in advance for any help
John

orioles70

Oct 3, 2018
I have NCAA Receiving Yards but mine is #46...see photo
36aca4d707627b05c72579a93275a261.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
There is also a version of that page numbered 46. It has a number only, no letter in the copyright. They fixed the error and renumbered it for subsequent issues. 46 can also be found as NHL All-Star Game, which would probably be more common. Sorry, didn't notice that when I first answered.

This set just keeps on giving...

I have NCAA Receiving Yards but mine is #46...see photo
36aca4d707627b05c72579a93275a261.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
RB #47 is the NCAA Receiving Yards page, and I have them with both b and c copyright designations. I am not aware of a different page for that number. There are two different RB #46 (the NCAA receiving yards w/ # only copyright and the Hockey ASG page, which I have with # only, a, b & c copyrights.

So is there a #47 Record Book page or just 2 #46's

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
[MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] - I picked up an extra McGwire for you in a Cardinals uniform if you still need it. It is the first one that I’ve seen that does not have a packet designation. Did I read on here that sheets folded in half vertically were sent as Promos? The three new McGwires I picked up all have the creased fold line. The other ones I have with a fold line are the Jordan and Montana. Do you have a Montana from Pkt.06a that does not have the creased fold line?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sorry, been on vacation.

I do still need the McGwire Cards and I am not sure if that was a promo or not. The only folded ones I have seen are Jordan and Montana. As for the other question, I would have to pull ou the binder to know for sure. I do have a Montana 6a, but not sure if it was folded or not.

[MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] - I picked up an extra McGwire for you in a Cardinals uniform if you still need it. It is the first one that I’ve seen that does not have a packet designation. Did I read on here that sheets folded in half vertically were sent as Promos? The three new McGwires I picked up all have the creased fold line. The other ones I have with a fold line are the Jordan and Montana. Do you have a Montana from Pkt.06a that does not have the creased fold line?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have Montana with no number (06) with no fold only, 06a folded and not folded & 06b folded only. All feature him with Chiefs. I also have 06c as a 49er.

Also noticed that I have 2 different 06a. I put them away already, but think maybe one is the folded, the other not. The only difference is the number to the far left in the corner. one is 120-508-101 and the other is 120-508-751.

So many small variations to keep track of...

Last edited:

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Yes, so many variations. I found one from the same packet variation, so I think it may be a corrected error. This is the pamphlet for Lemiuex Pkt.03d after he came back from injury and finished the 1995-96 season. I'm not sure if the Highlights on either of the variations are correct.

PENGUINS LEMIEUX,MARIO 1994 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - All-Sports Champions #001 Pkt.03d variation (Highlights: 5-Time NHL Scoring Leader, 3-Time NHL Goals Leader, 7-Time NHL All-Star Selection, 3-Time NHL MVP)
PENGUINS LEMIEUX,MARIO 1994 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - All-Sports Champions #001 Pkt.03d variation (Highlights: 4-Time NHL Scoring Leader, 2-Time NHL Goals Leader, 8-Time NHL All-Star Selection, 2-Time NHL MVP)

Members online