Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sports Heroes, Feats & Facts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If there is nothing else to differentiate these two but some text changes, that opens up a whole new can of worms for this issue!

Yes, so many variations. I found one from the same packet variation, so I think it may be a corrected error. This is the pamphlet for Lemiuex Pkt.03d after he came back from injury and finished the 1995-96 season. I'm not sure if the Highlights on either of the variations are correct.

PENGUINS LEMIEUX,MARIO 1994 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - All-Sports Champions #001 Pkt.03d variation (Highlights: 5-Time NHL Scoring Leader, 3-Time NHL Goals Leader, 7-Time NHL All-Star Selection, 3-Time NHL MVP)
PENGUINS LEMIEUX,MARIO 1994 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - All-Sports Champions #001 Pkt.03d variation (Highlights: 4-Time NHL Scoring Leader, 2-Time NHL Goals Leader, 8-Time NHL All-Star Selection, 2-Time NHL MVP)

orioles70

Oct 3, 2018
I am looking for the #9 Cal Ripken poster and #55 Roberto Alomar poster...will trade for or buy...thanks, John

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just unburied all of my dupes, so I should be able to help with wants now. I will reread the thread for any interest...

orioles70

Oct 3, 2018
I am looking for Football Champion #142 Don Hutson as well as #9 Cal Ripken poster and #55 Roberto Alomar poster...will trade for or buy...thanks, John

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I still have all my dupes out, but didn't make time to go through them last weekend.

The upper left Alomar is from the Sports Pages set and the one on the right is the poster from the Sports Feats set. If I have dupes, I will let you know. Orioles70 gets first crack at the Alomar Feats poster if I have on ly 1 extra though. He asked first. Tpeichel may have some dupes too. He has been buying a lot it sounds like.

orioles70

Oct 3, 2018
Thanks mrmopar...I am still interested in the 3 I need to complete set...Alomar and Ripken poster and Don Hutson page

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Thanks mrmopar...I am still interested in the 3 I need to complete set...Alomar and Ripken poster and Don Hutson page

I have these three and two different variations of the Ripken. PM me if you haven’t acquired them somewhere else.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If you got them handy, go for it. I still have not gone through mine yet and may not have them all anyway. In the process of building a gazeebo in the back yard, so just taking short breaks to rest.

I have these three and two different variations of the Ripken. PM me if you haven’t acquired them somewhere else.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Dang, I awoke a sleeping giant with this post.

I need to dig out the dupes and start trying to get rid of some of these, so if you still need any, maybe we can do some trading.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I have one small addition to the master checklist, which is very close to this one listed on Tim's website:

ALOMAR,ROBERTO Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #075 Pkt.25 variation (Blue Jays jersey on front/Highlights: 4-Time Gold Glove Winner, 5-Time All-Star Selection)

This is the variation I have (print date 1995 - in roman numerals on the back):

ALOMAR,ROBERTO Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #075 Pkt.25a variation (Blue Jays jersey on front/Highlights: 5-Time Gold Glove Winner, 6-Time All-Star Selection)

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Did you check the packet number designation? It might just be one of the later print runs.

I am fairly certain that as the pages were rereleased in subsequent years, the letters got lager. For example, the first Alomar page might have had packet 25, then the next one 25a, then 25b. I saw numbers as high as g and maybe even h and some of the later updates did show different images, different teams, etc.

I am just reading now that in the above example, Tim must have read through every bit of those pages. I noticed the obvious changes, like new image/team and the packet numbers, but rarely noticed updates like adding a new Gold glove or AS appearance, but it makes sense and that is probably why some pages didn't get updated as often, nothing changed!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yep, the variation is packet 25a. I also would not have noticed the little updates like # of gold gloves etc. Both the Alomar Pkt 25 and Pkt 25a were released in the same year, so one came before and one after the all stars & gold gloves were announced.

These things are kinda fun. After re-reading this thread I learned of a new Alomar variation. Found one online and snagged it!

Did you check the packet number designation? It might just be one of the later print runs.

I am fairly certain that as the pages were rereleased in subsequent years, the letters got lager. For example, the first Alomar page might have had packet 25, then the next one 25a, then 25b. I saw numbers as high as g and maybe even h and some of the later updates did show different images, different teams, etc.

I am just reading now that in the above example, Tim must have read through every bit of those pages. I noticed the obvious changes, like new image/team and the packet numbers, but rarely noticed updates like adding a new Gold glove or AS appearance, but it makes sense and that is probably why some pages didn't get updated as often, nothing changed!

Last edited:

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I have one small addition to the master checklist, which is very close to this one listed on Tim's website:

ALOMAR,ROBERTO Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #075 Pkt.25 variation (Blue Jays jersey on front/Highlights: 4-Time Gold Glove Winner, 5-Time All-Star Selection)

ALOMAR,ROBERTO Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #075 Pkt.25a variation (Blue Jays jersey on front/Highlights: 5-Time Gold Glove Winner, 6-Time All-Star Selection)

Crap, the print year is the Roman numerals? I didn’t even notice that.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008

I've been identifying the year as 1994 for all of these until I figured out the last year, then I was going to do something like 1994-98 for all of them, but this whole time the year was right on the back right above where I was getting the packet number. Ugh.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I think these were printed from 1994-1998, though I haven't made it through the entire baseball set. This is a good example as you can see the years match up with the packet # progression.

Team PLAYER Year DESCRIPTION
YANKEES HUNTER,CATFISH 1998 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #106 Pkt.50c variation (Can't Catch Catfish list order is Clemens, Cone, Gooden, Hunter, Johnson)
YANKEES HUNTER,CATFISH 1997 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #106 Pkt.50b variation (Can't Catch Catfish list order is Clemens, Cone, Gooden, Hunter, Johnson)
YANKEES HUNTER,CATFISH 1996 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #106 Pkt.50a variation (Can't Catch Catfish list order is Clemens, Cone, Gooden, Hunter, Johnson)
YANKEES HUNTER,CATFISH 1995 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #106 Pkt.50 variation (Can't Catch Catfish list order is Clemens, Cone, Gooden, Hunter, Saberhagen)

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
And here is an example of printing during the same year with a packet # change.

Team PLAYER Year DESCRIPTION
INDIANS FELLER,BOB 1997 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #087 Pkt.41c variation
INDIANS FELLER,BOB 1997 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #087 Pkt.41b variation
INDIANS FELLER,BOB 1996 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #087 Pkt.41a variation
INDIANS FELLER,BOB 1995 Sports Heroes Feats & Facts - Baseball Champion #087 Pkt.41 variation

Members online