Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the appropriate feedback in this situation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I recently bought a 2010 Chris Sale BC Gold Ref BGS 9.5. It cost $1000+ so definitely not a cheap piece. When I got the card in the mail I was really surprised to see the BGS case completely beaten up as the pictures below show.

IMG_4637.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4639.JPG

I went back to the listing and these were the pictures in the listing. Based on the way the bottom half of the back is cut off etc. it seems like he was intentionally trying to hide the damage.

IMG_4640.JPG
IMG_4641.JPG

I reached out to the seller whos response was “replacing the case is $5 and I’d be happy to take the item as a return and sell it for more.

Both the seller and I know that the card has gone up in the week or so since I won it. To me though that doesn’t provide any defense for using images that hide damage that impacts what the sale price would have been.

I’ve been trying to decide what to leave him regarding feedback, both in rating and the comment and would appreciate perspectives.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The next msg to the seller is just setting up a favorable complaint to Ebay and not going to get any progress (scammers gonna scam) so I would write something like

"Thanks for your reply, but my question wasn't about returns. I am wondering how much you will compensate me for the misleading photos regarding condition. To purposely hide condition flaws is against Ebay policy after all."

Then he will respond with some BS and you mail everything to Ebay, then you give negative feedback but keep the card. . . . and name him in the scam thread.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Then he will respond with some BS and you mail everything to Ebay, then you give negative feedback but keep the card. . . . and name him in the scam thread.

Yep! Also replacing a case isn't just 5 bucks especially on a high end card like that with shipping insurance. U might get lucky and have a non db seller

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
So in the title he writes:

"2010 CHRIS SALE BOWMAN CHROME GOLD AUTO BGS 9.5/10. REGRADEABLE FOR PRISTINE!"

And in his description he writes:

"2010 Chris Sale Bowman Chrome Gold Auto! BEST SUBS FOR A GOLD! .5 FROM PRISINTE. BEST Pitcher In Baseball! Easily PSA 10/10 if PSA is your preference!"

First of all there are 3- 9.5's and 1- 10 so it's "2"- .5's away from a Pristine 10, so that's probably by intention if not plain ignorance.
Secondly there are NO PSA 10/10's which is also by intention or ignorance.
And lastly and most importantly the cut-off photos are a clear indication that he did not want anyone to see the busted-up slab, period!

He did say that he would take the card back as a return BUT that's for his gain and not for yours. He doesn't care about you as a buyer or your satisfaction and he'd like to have it back because he knows he could get more than what you paid him for it. AND I'm sure he would relist it the same way!

What a loser!
Negative feedback, negative comment, negative ratings across the board!!

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
At this point either dropping a negative feedback & paying out of pocket for the replacement case or returning the card for a refund seem to be your only two options because based on his response the seller sounds like a dbag who is not willing to give a partial refund for the cracked case.

Jul 22, 2016
Neg him and send it in yourself to get a reholder. I know it’s not 5 bucks but I wouldn’t want anything else to do with this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts